It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:26 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: SO THE SEASON SO FAR.....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:49 pm 

What are peoples thoughts, suprises during the chunk of the season we have had to far....

Hebburn and Stockton as expected the top 2 with the formwer seemingly runnign away with things in terms of points on the board and goals scored with their huge resources in front of goal. The latter after a slightly sluggish start have now started to go through the gears and will finish in the top 3.

North Shields have started very well and will remain contenders for that 3rd promotion spot.

Shildon, similar to last season, a bit hit and miss at times but still consistent enough to keep themselves well and truly in contention for a promotion spot.

Waste Auckland, another side with an uncanny resemblance to the start of last season, starting very poorly but finding form to reach respectability giving i.m.o they have possibly the strongest squad on paper!

My team Bishops....an unbelievably believable bad start, the worst I have known in nearly 30 years of following the club. Thankfully some shoots of recovery have finally started to show just in time for the shutdown and the picture looking less bleak by the fact Billingham Town have been even more dire! Andy Toman has started to build a squad hungry and determined - alien to that of which started the season and was Ian Chandlers ultimate downfall.

Post subject: Re: SO THE SEASON SO FAR.....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:27 pm 

Micky the Rodent wrote:
What are peoples thoughts, suprises during the chunk of the season we have had to far....

Hebburn and Stockton as expected the top 2 with the formwer seemingly runnign away with things in terms of points on the board and goals scored with their huge resources in front of goal. The latter after a slightly sluggish start have now started to go through the gears and will finish in the top 3.

North Shields have started very well and will remain contenders for that 3rd promotion spot.

Shildon, similar to last season, a bit hit and miss at times but still consistent enough to keep themselves well and truly in contention for a promotion spot.

Waste Auckland, another side with an uncanny resemblance to the start of last season, starting very poorly but finding form to reach respectability giving i.m.o they have possibly the strongest squad on paper!

My team Bishops....an unbelievably believable bad start, the worst I have known in nearly 30 years of following the club. Thankfully some shoots of recovery have finally started to show just in time for the shutdown and the picture looking less bleak by the fact Billingham Town have been even more dire! Andy Toman has started to build a squad hungry and determined - alien to that of which started the season and was Ian Chandlers ultimate downfall.

I'd agree with the start that Bishop's have made being a shock. Quite alarming set of results and to lose both a manager and a sponsor early doors it wasn't looking great. However there are definitely signs of improvement all over and the last three results will have given the two blues hope.

I think Gizzy sinking the way they have done has been a surprise, at least for me, given that they always seem to be such a steady solid outfit.

The reduction back down from 300 to 150 people at matches was an unwelcome surprise too, though obviously it was unavoidable given the restrictions issued to those of us in the North East.

The only thing that hasn't surprised me is your good self Mickey. Your identity crisis where you can't decide whether you're a rodent or a lifelong, a Michael or a Mouse, that's continued. As has the predictable references to West Auckland as waste. Your fishing rod is back out I'm guessing with lockdown being imminent. Happy angling :lol:

Post subject: Re: SO THE SEASON SO FAR.....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:14 pm 

I was pleased with our start (top after 4 games) but surprised how quickly we have faltered, that said we have a better squad than last year and I dont think we will finish bottom, as we were when the season finished in March.

Best team we have played is Newton Aycliffe , so would expect them to be up there, along with Stockton , Hebburn and North Shields. We played Billy Town first game of the season in the FA Cup, they were quality, so how they have slipped is beyond me. They beat us 1-4 and it should have been more.