It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:06 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
So top 4 in NL2 will be promoted - that's an incentive to all

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:17 am 

@Windy
Just a small point regarding the guidelines for promotion from Step 5: if they are going to use Points Per Game to decide the extra teams to go up, then surely they have to use Goal Difference Per Game and Goals Scored Per Game, or you'll get those teams that play more games potentially having an advantage there. I assume that is the reason for using the Points Per Game in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:40 pm 

Moo wrote:
@Windy
Just a small point regarding the guidelines for promotion from Step 5: if they are going to use Points Per Game to decide the extra teams to go up, then surely they have to use Goal Difference Per Game and Goals Scored Per Game, or you'll get those teams that play more games potentially having an advantage there. I assume that is the reason for using the Points Per Game in the first place.

In the NWCL, NL & NCEL it’s pretty easy to work out who’ll be promoted(top 3). As for the other leagues the champions will be promoted & then the 4 best runners. It will definitely be ppg, goal difference, goals scored & then if these are identical it’ll be the amount of yellow/red cards(I’d be stunned if it gets down to this). The 7 remaining runners up will have a playoff against a step 4 team.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:22 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
In the NWCL, NL & NCEL it’s pretty easy to work out who’ll be promoted(top 3). As for the other leagues the champions will be promoted & then the 4 best runners. It will definitely be ppg, goal difference, goals scored & then if these are identical it’ll be the amount of yellow/red cards(I’d be stunned if it gets down to this). The 7 remaining runners up will have a playoff against a step 4 team.

My point is though that if they are using Points per game then they should also apply the "per game" bit to the other criteria or there would be an advantage to those playing more games concerning the goals and a disadvantage for the cards.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:43 pm 

Moo wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

My point is though that if they are using Points per game then they should also apply the "per game" bit to the other criteria or there would be an advantage to those playing more games concerning the goals and a disadvantage for the cards.

I believe it’s also goals per game

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:34 pm 

I’ve sort clarification from the FA as to where the new step 4 NPL footprint will cover. They have told me that provisionally it’ll cover an area north of a line from Southport to Doncaster. The other 2 NPL1’s will split East and West below this line.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:49 pm 

again the F A not using common sense a east west and south would have been better. presume those living in the soulh have never tried to across pennines in winter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:51 pm 

Here’s an updated projection. I’m promoting Marine & Dunston from the NPL1NW. I’ve relegated the worst placed teams NPL from step 4 from last season(Kendal Town). Plus I’ve relegated the lowest placed team north of that line from last years step 3(Bamber Bridge). I’ve promoted the 3 best placed teams from last season’s NWCL Prem, NL1 & NCEL Prem.
NPL1N 2020/21:
1) Bamber Bridge
2) Bishop Auckland
3) Bridlington Town
4) Brighouse Town
5) Cleethorpes Town
6) Colne
7) Consett
8) Frickley Athletic
9) Hebburn Town
10) Hemsworth Miners Welfare
11) Marske United
12) Ossett United
13) Pickering Town
14) Penistone Church
15) Pontefract Colliery
16) Ramsbottom United
17) Sheffield
18) Stocksbridge Park Steels
19) Tadcaster Albion
20) Workington

Last edited by Windy1970 on Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:01 pm 

2009vasewinner wrote:
again the F A not using common sense a east west and south would have been better. presume those living in the soulh have never tried to across pennines in winter.

If you look at the projection I knocked up, there are 4 clubs West of the Pennines. There isn’t enough clubs north of that line, so teams like Sheffield & Cleethorpes could end up in another league. Swapped with teams from in & around Manchester/Liverpool. But I think this is more likely to be their thinking.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:41 pm 

This restructuring does not make sense. Surely a east west split can be done if the east league goes as far south as derbyshire and lincolnshire. Also how on earth can 3 leagues feed into the evostick premier?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:06 pm 

I woyld have thought an east, west and south better option

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:59 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
This restructuring does not make sense. Surely a east west split can be done if the east league goes as far south as derbyshire and lincolnshire. Also how on earth can 3 leagues feed into the evostick premier?

The Southern League has two step 3 leagues. So I assume the clubs that are promoted from the southern parts of the NPL1E & NPL1W will be placed in that league. I think the FA should’ve done an East/West/South 3 way split. Hopefully they’ll get someone to run the Leagues in the a Midlands & we’ll have a step 3, 2 step 4 NPL, a step 3 & 2 step 4 Midlands, a step 3 & 2 step 4 SLP & a step 3 & 2 step 4 IL. But the FA never do things the obvious ways.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:18 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Si_kirk wrote:

They won't, clubs will be pooled geographically and will be allocated according to the needs of each higher league

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68