It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transfers
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:54 pm 

Might not have been management's choice, Luke was one of McIntosh's signings who may have chosen to depart once McIntosh left- also think Spink wants to build his "own" team of players, including players who played under him when he was Stan's assistant. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jed Wilkinson return, he left to play under Spink at Harworth.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:25 pm 

Wrong ch1401 100% fearns call,10 second telephone call don’t need you next season bye.
This current regime have ruined this club

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:33 pm 

Well then I'll wait and see who his replacement is- no point keeping a player for sentimental reasons if he doesn't fit into the new manager's plans

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:13 pm 

We will all have to wait to see who his replacement is wouldn't be to bad if it is Jed Wilkinson but their big boots to fill either as out & out striker or midfield

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:17 pm 

Nathan Valentine's just been let go by Scarborough- hopefully the management team can jump on that :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:03 am 

f1 - glad I am top of your list for something,although I wont wait for a Christmas card to be delivered, and yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, it makes us all different else the world would be a boring place, and nobody has divided opinion on this forum for the last 10 years more than yourself.

ch1401 - what part of my post was uncalled for, and baseless?
you say I accuse people of ulterior motives, who have I said is doing that?
e.g. macca gets told the budget is being reduced so walks saying he cannot work with that, then we have an announcement saying spen is back as sports director(or whatever it is) then hazel and liversedge sign contracts saying in their words they were too good to turn down.
work out from that what you will.
as for the hinsley situation, I was asked to post that on lukes behalf to convey his love of the club and dismay of how things have turned out so the supporters know that he has not turned his back on them like a modern day bounty hunter.
last pre-season he made himself available to the club to be told by spen "youre not good enough to play for frickley" now with the return of spen to be told "theres nothing here for you"
to also have a dig at hard working members of staff is not right I agree, as long as they are doing the right thing by the club.
but has the club done right by tossing a long standing coach and long standing groundsman back into the big ocean like some diseased mackerel.
whilst the puppet and puppeteer quote maybe pure conjecture at this time also is the bit that the appointment of spinky was done without the full knowledge of all board members.
so I reckon we all know who is running the club.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:04 am 

f1 - glad I am top of your list for something,although I wont wait for a Christmas card to be delivered, and yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, it makes us all different else the world would be a boring place, and nobody has divided opinion on this forum for the last 10 years more than yourself.

ch1401 - what part of my post was uncalled for, and baseless?
you say I accuse people of ulterior motives, who have I said is doing that?
e.g. macca gets told the budget is being reduced so walks saying he cannot work with that, then we have an announcement saying spen is back as sports director(or whatever it is) then hazel and liversedge sign contracts saying in their words they were too good to turn down.
work out from that what you will.
as for the hinsley situation, I was asked to post that on lukes behalf to convey his love of the club and dismay of how things have turned out so the supporters know that he has not turned his back on them like a modern day bounty hunter.
last pre-season he made himself available to the club to be told by spen "youre not good enough to play for frickley" now with the return of spen to be told "theres nothing here for you"
to also have a dig at hard working members of staff is not right I agree, as long as they are doing the right thing by the club.
don't forget about your rant over the programme.(pot,kettle,black,people in glass houses and all that)
but has the club done right by tossing a long standing coach and long standing groundsman back into the big ocean like some diseased mackerel.
whilst the puppet and puppeteer quote maybe pure conjecture at this time also is the bit that the appointment of spinky was done without the full knowledge of all board members.
so I reckon we all know who is running the club.

p.s. I do agree that Nathan valentine would be a top addition,but somehow I cant see that coming off.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:41 pm 

Good post blue Stan and so true but careful what you say Fearn will ban you

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:58 pm 

Tyler Walton has left. Will be sorely missed, a great player, can definitely do a job at a higher level though.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:07 pm 

Tod Jordan or Luke Hinsley no problem Jordan couldn't lace Hinsley's boots Ben Algar being allowed to leave is another step backwards under 21's all good players but you can't play 4-5 of these players in first team, don't always in fact don't usually agree with old school but it looks like you're right this time, we are in the quick sand up to our arm pits and sinking fast. I hope i'm wrong.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:06 pm 

Bit unfair on Todd Jordan, he was a class signing last season, think we all have to accept Luke Hinsley has gone. Luke Hogg is another decent signing, impress with Guiseley Academy and has had spells at Stockbridge, North Ferriby and Grantham. Great news Jack Burton has re-signed as well. As for the academy lads, I'm assuming they're there to make up the numbers- both impressed me when they came on as subs last season though.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:37 am 

ch1401 wrote:
Bit unfair on Todd Jordan, he was a class signing last season, think we all have to accept Luke Hinsley has gone. Luke Hogg is another decent signing, impress with Guiseley Academy and has had spells at Stockbridge, North Ferriby and Grantham. Great news Jack Burton has re-signed as well. As for the academy lads, I'm assuming they're there to make up the numbers- both impressed me when they came on as subs last season though.

He be back at the Bucks :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:40 am 

Wasn't Tod signed by MM if so present management won't have seen him play, as for a class signing we all have our own opinions as for Luke Hogg have not heard of him or seen him play hope he's a big hit but he has just been released by a team that finished one place above relegation in the national north league. Don't know how any impressive player can get sacked.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:44 am 

I would imagine either Spink or spen would've seen Todd play before, he's been a regular in the non-league circuit. I wouldn't imagine Luke to go straight into the team but any talented youngster that can challenge for a starting place is good in my eyes- a former Frickley academy player as well. Comes with evo-stik experience

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:57 am 

I hope you're right about Luke and he finishes up being a good signing but i'm worried about Spinky / Spen not signing enough players that can go strait into the first team we don't want to lose first few matches and be fighting to avoid relegation all season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next