It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:01 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 68  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Windy!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:57 pm 

I know it’s only a small issue. The southwards expansion of the northern league, will mean that the York Minster League will become a Northern League feeder. I guess Kirkbymoorside will be pretty happy, as that their preference & as far as I’m aware they’re the only club in that league with ambitions. I was wondering if this site will accommodate that league on this forum? If you look at the maps in the Nonleague Paper, Cumbria has become undefined & I believe from what I’ve been told teams can either be placed in the NWCL or NL going forward.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:16 pm 

No matter what restructuring happens i reckon cumbria will always be isolated. North cumbrian teams will obviously be better off in the northern league travel wise with the south cumbrian teams (thinks theres only 1 at nl level) are better off in the nwcl. As for those on the cumbrian coast i guess its a case of whichever league has vacancies for them. I doubt there will ever be enough teams in that region for a league at northern league level or even wearside level.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:08 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
No matter what restructuring happens i reckon cumbria will always be isolated. North cumbrian teams will obviously be better off in the northern league travel wise with the south cumbrian teams (thinks theres only 1 at nl level) are better off in the nwcl. As for those on the cumbrian coast i guess its a case of whichever league has vacancies for them. I doubt there will ever be enough teams in that region for a league at northern league level or even wearside level.

The NWCL1N has 3 Cumbrian clubs, Holker OB, Cleator MC & Carlisle City. Reading the article in the paper, it appears that step 7 won’t be part of the National League System & will be handed over to the County FA’s to run. I know the FA wanted to fill in the gaps at step 7 & the two they mentioned were Cumbria & Shropshire. I wonder how far off a step 7 Cumbrian League is.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:28 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

The NWCL1N has 3 Cumbrian clubs, Holker OB, Cleator MC & Carlisle City. Reading the article in the paper, it appears that step 7 won’t be part of the National League System & will be handed over to the County FA’s to run. I know the FA wanted to fill in the gaps at step 7 & the two they mentioned were Cumbria & Shropshire. I wonder how far off a step 7 Cumbrian League is.

Going to buy the nlp tomorrow often a good read. I was aware cumbria has 3 teams in the nwcl but only 1 from south cumbria (holker). Odly enough a team from carlisle or penrith could get to the north east quicker than south cumbria due to a micky poor road structure in the county

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:40 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

Going to buy the nlp tomorrow often a good read. I was aware cumbria has 3 teams in the nwcl but only 1 from south cumbria (holker). Odly enough a team from carlisle or penrith could get to the north east quicker than south cumbria due to a micky poor road structure in the county

The point about a Cumbrian step 7 league was mentioned about 18 months ago. When the Lincs league gained step 7 status. So there’s nothing about that outstanding issue in the article. If the county FA’s are taking control, then the Cumbrian FA must start pushing for it to be established. From what the article mentions, there are hardly any step 7 leagues that actually has clubs that meet the minimum requirements for step 7. It states that some step 7 leagues have clubs with floodlights etc & others that are basic Park pitches. I’m sure the best leagues are the Wearside & the two Central Midlands League’s. Both leagues always have several clubs that always apply for promotion. Whilst other leagues have never had a single applicant for promotion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:47 pm 

so currently we know 3 teams will get promoted from nl 1 next season but unaure over relegation and deffinetly dont know how next season will look. 19 teams? northallerton promoted? or knaresborough moved?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:24 am 

Dunston Promoted - No Relegation = 17 Teams
(The clubs that folded are classed as relegated)

3 up from Div 2 = Div 1 20 Teams - Div 2 17 Teams

2 Promoted to Div 2 from feeder leagues (Sunderland West End & Newcastle Uni) = 19 Teams in Div 2

Div 2 will play with 19 teams next season

This is if only 1 goes up from Div 1.

Last edited by apgibson on Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:30 am 

Was talk of a step 7 league in cumbria over 15 year ago and obviously it never happened, clearly not enough suitable applicants over that way to make up the numbers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:13 pm 

apgibson wrote:

2 Promoted to Div 2 from feeder leagues (Sunderland West End & Newcastle Uni) = 19 Teams in Div 2

Almost certainly what will happen is:
Dunston UTS promoted
No relegation from NL1
Knaresborough Town laterally transferred from the NCEL Prem(if you look at the FA’s map, the NL is expanding southwards & goes right down to an area just north of Leeds & that exactly where Knaresborough resides. Plus the season after next, expect Harrogate RA to follow them)
2 teams promoted from the NL2(Billingham Town & Thornaby)
Either 1 or zero clubs relegated from NL2. Again the NL appears to be expanding again & this time into North Cumbria. Which opens up the possibility of Carlisle City being laterally transferred to the NL2.
Sunderland WE & Newcastle Uni promoted. Either way 2 leagues of 20 clubs & Northallerton aren’t getting promoted. Whoever started this rumour needs to have a word with themselves!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:25 pm 

apgibson wrote:

So is this for next season? Surly if it is then Durham won't be relegated.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:51 pm 

Haveing just read the nlp im suprised theres only going to be 3 clubs up from the nl, ncel and nwcl and no more details of new step 8 league footprint, where it splits e.g. e/w, n/s or potential boundries e.g. berwick to sheffield. Also no indication of what will happen to present step 4 league morpeth and marske are in

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:28 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Haveing just read the nlp im suprised theres only going to be 3 clubs up from the nl, ncel and nwcl and no more details of new step 8 league footprint, where it splits e.g. e/w, n/s or potential boundries e.g. berwick to sheffield. Also no indication of what will happen to present step 4 league morpeth and marske are in

I was told by a League official, that the new league will actually be in the Midlands. I’m sure it doesn’t actually matter if the FA places 9 new northern teams in the NPL step 4 leagues & moves all the clubs from the Midlands into a new league. Or add these 9 clubs & add them to the 29 most northerly clubs. Then split them East/West & allow someone to run the NPL1E. Because the same outcome will happen. A quick calculation shows that the NPL1E will go as far south as the M18/M180. It won’t stretch from Berwick, because the most northerly club that could possibly be promoted is Ashington. Because Morpeth are already promoted & will play at step 3.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:46 pm 

Windy, next you'll be saying Berwick Rangers will be playing in NL2 next season. You know no more than anyone else as to what will happen, just guess work at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:14 pm 

Noeldinho wrote:
Windy, next you'll be saying Berwick Rangers will be playing in NL2 next season. You know no more than anyone else as to what will happen, just guess work at the moment.

I read the FA’s standardised rules & it’s crystal clear as to who can be promoted from step 6. The standardised rules are clear about lateral transfers. Nowhere does it say that it’s open to discretion for the League Committee to promote an extra clubs to fill leagues. Here are the rules & they aren’t guesswork:

Step 5 and Step 6
The Clubs in the bottom two places in each of the fourteen divisions at Step 5 at the end of the Regular Season will be relegated and placed in the most geographically appropriate division at Step 6. These Clubs will be replaced by the nineteen Clubs finishing in first position in each of the Leagues at Step 6 at the end of the Regular Season together with the required number of Clubs finishing in second position at the end of the Regular Season on a points per match ratio. If there are insufficient Clubs to fill vacancies Clubs finishing second to bottom of the Step 5 divisions will be reprieved so that the best such Club shall be reprieved first.
The Movement of Clubs within the National League System other than by Promotion or Relegation
Movement of a Club from participation in one League to another is not permitted other than by promotion and relegation or otherwise as set out in League Rules save with the approval of the Committee.
It may be necessary from time to time to move Clubs laterally at the same Step. Each year the Committee will consider whether any lateral movements may be necessary at each Step; if so the Clubs likely to be affected shall be notified and given the opportunity to present a case if that Club does not wish to be moved laterally. The final decision shall rest with a sub-committee of the Committee. Any appeal shall be in accordance with the Regulations for Football Association Appeals. The decision of that appeal shall be final and binding subject only to Arbitration under FA Rule K.
In coming to its decision the Committee will have regard to any representations made by any party, the distance to be travelled by any Club to be moved compared to the distance travelled in the Playing Season prior to movement; the financial impact on the Club to be moved, the frequency with which the Club has been moved in the past; the number of Clubs both in the division to which the Club is to be moved and in the division from which the Club is moved, and any other matter that it considers to be relevant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1018 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 68  Next