It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:42 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:30 pm 

I see that Joe. Just cant understand if the NL is going to be short of clubs why they couldn't take the likes of Alnwick, Darlington RA , Boldon who will meet the criteria. Seems a bit of a crazy rule to me. The Hebburn Res is different as that was dependant on the first team gaining promotion.[/quote]

I don't think sides like Alnwick would appreciate being cherry picked. They are absolutely nowhere near in a poor NAL so no point whatsoever.[/quote]

I get that but would they not be able to attract better players if they were[/quote]
Alnwick didn’t apply for promotion anyway. Whenever the FA cherrypicks, it’s always whenever clubs apply for promotion. Just like when they promoted Redcar Athletic & Cleator MC in the same season. If we are in a situation next season, whereby the FA promote ‘x’ amount of clubs from the NL1, backfill from the NL2 & need to find ‘x’ amount of clubs from step 7(8 or 10 for instance). They will put a missive out to the local feeder leagues & it’ll be up to the clubs to apply. This is where social media comes into play & people can let those clubs know what’s going on. The NWCL had enough suitable clubs applying for their new step 6 leagues so they haven’t been given dispensation. The only proviso was for those clubs to avoid the relegation zones & that is why Whitehaven weren’t promoted. But in the Eastern Counties League, those clubs from in & around the Essex area have been given 3 years dispensation on their ground grading. But they must have proof that the works are due to be done. As I’ve mentioned previously, a lot of clubs know this is likely to happen & you’ll be surprised by the interest. Which is why it wouldn’t be a surprise to me if teams from outside the 3 feeder leagues apply & Kirkbymoorside for one stands out. People may say that the standard of football might drop, but the ground grading won’t.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:08 pm 

People have been asking about relegation from step 6. Looking at the rules & specifically this paragraph within section 5.2:
No more than 38 Clubs will be promoted from Step 7. If more than 38 Clubs are eligible for promotion they will be chosen based on a points per match basis. Where the eligible Clubs count does not reach 38 in number, reprieves of Step 6 Clubs shall come into effect on a points per match basis.

This spreadsheet has been created & shows the step 6 teams in the relegation zones on a ppg basis. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... /htmlview#
This still has a potential 25 clubs being promoted from step 7. I believe it’ll be more like 22 clubs being promoted & that means only 16 clubs will be reprieved(check step 6 to 7 header & look at the ppg basis table). But this doesn’t take into account the resignations/folding/demotions etc across the pyramid. What the FA’s rules don’t mention are the 20 odd spaces currently across step 5/6 & if they intend to fill those spaces. But looking at the list & knowing full well that the FALC will stick to those rules. Then Durham City are the 2nd worst team on a ppg basis across step 6 & are highly unlikely to get a reprieve(unless the FA fill in the gaps/spaces)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:44 pm 

If you read the FA standardised rules about relegation from step 6. It mentions that reprieves will be across Step 6 on a ppg basis. If you look at the google doc at the bottom & click on the step 6 to 7 header. Scroll across to the right hand side & down to the step 6 reprieve table. Of the league’s that have the full 20 clubs, Durham City are the 5th worst in the country. I’m starting to believe that they will be relegated. With either Carlisle City or relegated Harrogate RA being laterally transferred to replace them.
Step 6 and 7
At the end of the Regular Playing Season the Clubs in the bottom two positions of each of the nineteen Step 6 divisions will be liable to relegation.
All Step 7 Clubs seeking promotion to Step 6 must make application using the prescribed form direct to the Committee, copied to their existing League, by 31st December in the relevant year. In order to be considered for promotion Clubs must finish in 1st position in their Step 7 league. If the Club finishing in 1st position does not wish to be promoted or fails to meet the entry criteria then the club finishing in 2nd position will be eligible for promotion. If the club in 2nd position does not seek promotion or fails to meet the entry criteria then clubs down to 5th position may be considered for promotion provided that they meet the appropriate entry criteria. Clubs finishing below 5th position will not be considered for promotion and only one club will be considered from each League. Each application must be accompanied by the agreed application fee, as determined by the Committee, which is non-refundable.
No more than 38 Clubs will be promoted from Step 7. If more than 38 Clubs are eligible for promotion they will be chosen based on a points per match basis. Where the eligible Clubs count does not reach 38 in number, reprieves of Step 6 Clubs shall come into effect on a points per match basis.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... /htmlview#

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:36 am 

common sense would say if you are moving knarsborough to northern league 1 Harrogate r a would be transferred to northern league 2 as to transfer Carlisle city c ould leave cleater moor celtic out on a limb in the North west counties league.but it is the F A.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:17 pm 

Does anyone know when the allocations are released?
When do the fixtures come out? and what date is the fa cup draw?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:21 pm 

League fixtures usually come out early June and the Vase/FA Cup around 9th July time.

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:05 pm 

Dont league fixtures come out after the agm?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:14 am 

Interpol wrote:
League fixtures usually come out early June and the Vase/FA Cup around 9th July time.
Si_kirk wrote:
Dont league fixtures come out after the agm?
Yes which is usually the first Saturday in June.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 8:34 am 

Disillusioned wrote:
Does anyone know when the allocations are released?
When do the fixtures come out? and what date is the fa cup draw?

The FA leagues committee are meeting today for steps 1-4 & next Tuesday for steps 5/6. Expect to find out steps 1-4 next week & step’s 5/6 a couple of weeks later

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:41 am 

The ENL AGM is Saturday 15th June at Guisborough Town FC.
The constitution of the League will be known & the fixtures usually announced then.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:51 pm 

Kendal to ENL 1?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:59 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
Kendal to ENL 1?

Really ?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 2:06 pm 

In a relegation position in evo stik west and if the northern league is supposed to extend its footprint, why not!!! Not that far away from penrith

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:47 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
Kendal to ENL 1?

Really ?

They will be reprieved, because Colwyn Bay resigned & are joining the Welsh Pyramid System.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:15 pm 

Knaresborough haven’t been transferred to the NL & all bottom placed step 6 clubs have been relegated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next