It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:09 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Promotion/Relegation Projections 2018/19
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:54 am 

tenpole tudor wrote:
Heard that Brandon are resigning at the end of the season,anybody confirm this?

If they were to resign, it must be before the 31st March & play the season out. If they resign after that date they’ll get slammed with a hefty fine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:47 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
tenpole tudor wrote:
Heard that Brandon are resigning at the end of the season,anybody confirm this?

If they were to resign, it must be before the 31st March & play the season out. If they resign after that date they’ll get slammed with a hefty fine.

I knew that scenario,but just wondered if anyone else had heard it.not surprised if it's true,a sad day but they won't be the last,the younger generation just don't want to know,loads of clubs with aging volunteers and committee.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:21 am 

Be a real shame if its true regarding Brandon. I can't see anyone being relegated with this restructuring going on. Just out of curiosity, Windy may be able to answer this one. If Alnwick finish in the top 5 would there no be a possibility of them being asked to come back into the Northern League if there is a vacancy?. Be better than running short .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:45 am 

No shock tbh. The league had far more cubs than alot of leagues at the same level for years and a few have been soldering on for years the bubble was bound to burst some day. The fa will get the blame but if theres no intrest what can they do. If brandon do resign they can always have a u turn before the agm, as said they might put the resignation in now to avoid a big fine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:40 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Be a real shame if its true regarding Brandon. I can't see anyone being relegated with this restructuring going on. Just out of curiosity, Windy may be able to answer this one. If Alnwick finish in the top 5 would there no be a possibility of them being asked to come back into the Northern League if there is a vacancy?. Be better than running short .

I’ve asked them & their General Manager said its not true. They are just after people getting involved & joining the committee. The FA will not promote any extra clubs. The only chance of getting extra clubs is a) a club outside the pyramid applies & there’s space for them. So Blyth Town & Durham Utd could apply because they are below step 7. b) a team like Carlisle City or Cleator MC are laterally transferred

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:37 pm 

To be fair Barry Ross has been/ had been asking people to get involved for the last ten years without success. Barry walking away from the club was a massive loss to the club. I do hope people come forward and join the committee and keep the club going but it hasn't happened in the last 10-15 years lets hope it happens now. I hope and I am sure the people at Brandon are aware of the March 31st rule if unfortunately they feel they cannot carry on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:54 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
To be fair Barry Ross has been/ had been asking people to get involved for the last ten years without success. Barry walking away from the club was a massive loss to the club. I do hope people come forward and join the committee and keep the club going but it hasn't happened in the last 10-15 years lets hope it happens now. I hope and I am sure the people at Brandon are aware of the March 31st rule if unfortunately they feel they cannot carry on.

They haven’t resigned as of yet, but it’s impossible for them to run a club in the Northern League as things stand. They’re fully aware of the 31st March deadline.

Last edited by Windy1970 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:55 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
Cestrian wrote:

They haven’t resigned as of yet, but it’s impossible for them to run a club in the Northern League as things stand. They’re fully aware of the 31st March deadline l.

Now is the time for the people that have come on here over the years and had their piece about what's gone wrong at Brandon and what needs doing to practice what they preached,I bet the queue is in its thousands :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:40 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:

I’ve asked them & their General Manager said its not true. They are just after people getting involved & joining the committee. The FA will not promote any extra clubs. The only chance of getting extra clubs is a) a club outside the pyramid applies & there’s space for them. So Blyth Town & Durham Utd could apply because they are below step 7. b) a team like Carlisle City or Cleator MC are laterally transferred

So youre saying that Durham Utd and Blyth Town can go straight to step 6 ahead of step 7 clubs. Doesn't seem right to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:06 am 

bigcbeat wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:

So youre saying that Durham Utd and Blyth Town can go straight to step 6 ahead of step 7 clubs. Doesn't seem right to me.

Here are the standardised rules:
Step 6 and 7
At the end of the Regular Playing Season the Clubs in the bottom two positions of each of the nineteen Step 6 divisions will be liable to relegation.
All Step 7 Clubs seeking promotion to Step 6 must make application using the prescribed form direct to the Committee, copied to their existing League, by 31st December in the relevant year. In order to be considered for promotion Clubs must finish in 1st position in their Step 7 league. If the Club finishing in 1st position does not wish to be promoted or fails to meet the entry criteria then the club finishing in 2nd position will be eligible for promotion. If the club in 2nd position does not seek promotion or fails to meet the entry criteria then clubs down to 5th position may be considered for promotion provided that they meet the appropriate entry criteria. Clubs finishing below 5th position will not be considered for promotion and only one club will be considered from each League. Each application must be accompanied by the agreed application fee, as determined by the Committee, which is non-refundable.
No more than 38 Clubs will be promoted from Step 7. If more than 38 Clubs are eligible for promotion they will be chosen based on a points per match basis. Where the eligible Clubs count does not reach 38 in number, reprieves of Step 6 Clubs shall come into effect on a points per match basis.
5.3 At Steps 2-5 the Club finishing in last place in the table at the end of the Regular Season will be relegated and not reprieved. Below Step 5 the Clubs to be reprieved will be decided at the sole discretion of the Committee.
5.4 At Steps 1 to 6, if a Club becomes eligible to take part in a Play Off Match and refuses to take part in that match or if a Club qualifies for promotion and refuses to be promoted then that Club shall be relegated from the division from which it has so qualified and shall play the following Playing Season in the division at the next Step below which is deemed the most appropriate by the Committee
7.1 Usually a club can only enter the NLS at Step 7. However, a League may seek approval from the Committee to receive a club or team not currently in membership of a League within the NLS provided that there is: (a) exceptional circumstances, (b) a vacancy within its constitution (c) the club meets the entry criteria and (d) promotion and relegation issues have been satisfied. Such request must be received from the League by no later than 1st February. Any decision shall only be capable of Appeal to The FA by the affected League.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:27 pm 

BigCbeat - I think point 7.1 from Windy1970 re outside promotions last sentance answers the query the League concerned have to make application by February 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:15 pm 

Joe90TheCestrian wrote:
BigCbeat - I think point 7.1 from Windy1970 re outside promotions last sentance answers the query the League concerned have to make application by February 1

This usually happens in step 6 leagues that are short of clubs & the prospect of that changing is slim. The Combined Counties League are likely to gain Jersey FC next season. As they are following their neighbours Guernsey FC into the pyramid. You may also see the Hellenic League gain a few clubs too. Especially from their Div2’s, because those leagues haven’t got step 7 status.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:58 am 

Joe90TheCestrian wrote:

I see that Joe. Just cant understand if the NL is going to be short of clubs why they couldn't take the likes of Alnwick, Darlington RA , Boldon who will meet the criteria. Seems a bit of a crazy rule to me. The Hebburn Res is different as that was dependant on the first team gaining promotion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:42 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Joe90TheCestrian wrote:

I see that Joe. Just cant understand if the NL is going to be short of clubs why they couldn't take the likes of Alnwick, Darlington RA , Boldon who will meet the criteria. Seems a bit of a crazy rule to me. The Hebburn Res is different as that was dependant on the first team gaining promotion.

I don't think sides like Alnwick would appreciate being cherry picked. They are absolutely nowhere near in a poor NAL so no point whatsoever.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:53 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Joe90TheCestrian wrote:

I don't think sides like Alnwick would appreciate being cherry picked. They are absolutely nowhere near in a poor NAL so no point whatsoever.

I get that but would they not be able to attract better players if they were

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next