It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Played six, won four…
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:41 am 

As Frecks says, two points a game to start the season ain’t half bad. Gutted to not make the game last night, even more gutted with the result, but still a very decent start to the season. By all accounts we’re desperate for another striker to play alongside Wellsy but if we can keep grinding out results like we did at Hebburn and Worksop then no reason why we can’t stay in the top five. Two tough games against Marske and Dunston now, and very excited to be able to attend both of them.

PS there was 462 at the game last night, hopefully a few of those that went decide to keep going to matches. Be nice to see Wezzie Lane filled up again.

Post subject: Re: Played six, won four…
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:31 am 

A very poor game for Frickley fans we where out played for most of the game.
As you say we need a good forward and fast to support the other forward players.
Last night we had the ball kicked up the field time and time again for it to keep coming straight back at us.
Ossett and I hate to say this where the better team by far.
I still maintain when Freck gets this team playing together better we will have a good team and could be at the top end of the table.
But he has a lot of hard work to do IMO.
Yes it was a good gate I think there was more Ossett fans than Frickley fans. I could be wrong.
If so Why that was the case I don’t know with the results we have had.
After the next Two hard games that are coming up it will show us where we are and show us if we can be up there with the big boys of our league or not.
By the way I like Saturday games better than Friday night games what do you lot prefer?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:35 am 

Sorry F1 must disagree with you that Ossett were by far the best team probably were for first 20 mins but after that we started to play to our strengths
Joe Stacey was 2 yards quicker than their defenders so why not use ball over top he made some great runs, he might not be a natural goal scorer like Walshaw who would not have reached the balls anyway, but we don't have the midfielders to knock the ball about, but nobody can say that they are not working hard I would like to see Tyler playing a more forward role but accept thats not always possible because his defensive displays have been so good I think those two will create chances for themselves and Wells'y, for me I don't mind them playing on a Friday night but understand it doesn't suit everybody, there was a lot there from Ossett but given the gate I am sure it will be tried again.
Football is all about different opinions thats mine, I am not unhappy about our start to the season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:03 pm 

Your right Ken football is about different views so no need to say sorry. I agree with you I too am happy with the start we have made the best in years. Freck is a good hard working manager and this should pay off with time. The team do work hard. I just hope they have what is needed to get us out of Div 1. Let’s see what we do over the next few games against the big teams in Div 1 east.