It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Membership
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:07 pm 

What's everyone's thoughts on the new membership scheme? Personally think it's an excellent idea to spread out the costs for a season ticket over the season, as well as bringing in local businesses with the football club- really highlights that sense of community that the club is pushing.

Must admit I'm a bit more sceptical at discontinuing regular season tickets next year though. Regular season tickets are cheaper than the membership scheme, and so I'd want prices to be a bit more competitive next year. That said, if you make use of it, it's value for money.

Post subject: Re: Membership
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:28 pm 

personally I think it's a crap idea to nearly double to £180 for a season ticket to the ground that's the dearest in the league now, value for money your'e having a laugh. I'm one of them silly old farts that have been watching Frickley for about forty years and I would love to see us fighting at the top of the National League (Gola League as was) but it won't happen with this management set up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:39 pm 

If you're the type of fan that can attend all / most 1st team & U21 games & you buy from the bar / snack bar / merch you're quids in.

If you can't attend enough games to make it cost effective & you bring your own flask, then it's not for you.

Pretty straight forward, no need to turn it into another vitriol laden thread.

I do agree with ch1401 though, I'd still like the option to buy a season ticket & pay full whack for my brew & chips

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:37 pm 

Its the new model way of doing things again at the lane.
That’s why ch1401 thinks it’s Excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:42 pm 

You have got to buy a lot of pie's and pint's to save £80 my season ticket last season was number 2 it will be interesting to see how many season tickets are bought this season and memberships next.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:35 pm 

Christ, should've expected this thread to turn out this way.

I don't see what's wrong with offering fans choice. The regular season ticket worked fine and I think the club would be unwise to stop selling them. The membership scheme is brilliant for those ultra-fans who can make all league/u21 games. That said, with my university commitments, I won't be buying either.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:06 pm 

That's exactly the point. There's nothing wrong with having a choice, from McKight's mouth you won't have a choice from next season. ch1401 you asked for people's thought's you have them, even you say it would be unwise to stop selling regular season tickets so you don't agree with this move, easy solution give people the choice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:12 pm 

I agree with making the membership scheme available- I also think they should continue with regular season tickets next season. The best way to get that is for fans to vote with their feet and purchase the regular season tickets this season.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:47 pm 

The membership scheme might be a good idea but at the moment it's not as well as it's instead of season tickets it's not one or the other it's membership or none. I for one will certainly be voting with my feet and not buying an overpriced season ticket this year. Does anyone know how many season tickets were sold last season ?.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:43 pm 

you asked for thoughts on this idea, here are mine,stand back.
this membership scheme has been thought out with not a lot thought for what the real fan wants, more like what is going to bring in some extra revenue and hit off our long suffering fans in the pocket.
about 3/4 seasons back I brought the subject up with a couple of board members as to how many that go through the gate up at the lane are actually from the SESKU area and it was agreed about only two thirds of the gate were actually from this area,
I reckon this to still be the case so therefore the ballpark number is roughly 130 regularly attending from the SESKU area.
which therefore means that the club is targeting about 130 individuals for membership as people outside the area are not going to be swayed into shopping in the area just to get a 10% discount in certain shops.
at £30 extra on top of the season ticket price you will get a 10% discount in the club shop and over the bar and snack cabin,
taking the cost of a pint(roughly £3.30) burger (roughly £2.50) at each of the 19 league games would give you a saving of 58 pence per game,taking it further, a pint before the game,one at half time and one at full time and a burger per game would give you a total saving of £1.24 per game, multiply this by 19 games and you have a grand saving of £23.56, ok so throw in a replica shirt with a saving of £4, and a scarf with a saving of £1........ so buying a membership and having 3 pints and a burger at every league game,oh and buying a shirt and a scarf would give you a total saving of £28.56, so youre still going to be out of pocket...

why don't the club ever bother to send letters to the previous seasons season ticket holders that have not renewed asking their reasons for not doing so....surely this would give them some ammunition to come up with new schemes like the one they are introducing.

initiatives at other clubs.
1.afc Halifax were doing an early bird offer of £150 to watch 23 games of national league football,and a free scarf for every child ticket purchased.
2. gainsborough trinity doing a pay what you want scheme with a minimum of £150,that is for 23 games of evo-stik prem,plus discount at selected shops in the town.

at frickley we give you 19 games of evo-stik division one for £150.

I think stevie wonder would be able to see which is the better value.
and with hindsight are we still going to be charging £180 next season should we be relegated?
I think it wont be long before the fans are voting with their feet over the prices if the side does not get off to a good start,the attendances dropped last year and could do so again without so many derby fixtures lost to the re-organisation of the leagues.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:53 pm 

What’s betting price of food ,bar etc goes up next season and ld love to know which shops are going to give discounts.The same people every time being targeted people only have so much money this clown McKnight keeps flogging the same people and coming up with stupid ideas such as star gazing food and drink festival hahaha a burger van ,ice cream van and stall selling cans of drink (l have. Photographs) Whatever you think,this club is going backwards and fast.
The player signed today slimijanic left Man Utd age 12 and my Barnsley encyclopaedia tells me he’s never in any capacity played for Barnsley if this is the case who’s making this up to lie to the fans

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:00 am 

Old school wrote:
What’s betting price of food ,bar etc goes up next season and ld love to know which shops are going to give discounts.The same people every time being targeted people only have so much money this clown McKnight keeps flogging the same people and coming up with stupid ideas such as star gazing food and drink festival hahaha a burger van ,ice cream van and stall selling cans of drink (l have. Photographs) Whatever you think,this club is going backwards and fast.
The player signed today slimijanic left Man Utd age 12 and my Barnsley encyclopaedia tells me he’s never in any capacity played for Barnsley if this is the case who’s making this up to lie to the fans

http://www.georgiastatesports.com/ViewA ... =209848416

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:08 am 

Old school wrote:

I'd say the key phrase from that is "if this is the case". What you are saying about Nemad is entirely wrong. He played as a kid for Manchester United, as was highly rated by Sir Alex Ferguson (https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/artic ... ley-return), before signing for Barnsley Academy. He left to sign for Frickley u19s, before a spell in America and then Sheffield FC and AFC Mansfield last season. Accusing people of "making up lies for the fans" is really disingenuous and pretty pathetic- seems the current board can't do anything right at the moment. With regards for your other point, don't see the reason to knock the star gazing event. I didn't attend, might not be everyone's cup of tea, but from all accounts people did enjoy it. There's nothing wrong with branching out into the community.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:44 am 

A) did he leave Man Utd when he was about 12 b) did he ever play for Barnsley NO he was a friend of Georgie Hristov through his dad now who’s being pathetic boy oh and star gazing probably right up your street

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:18 am 

Ch1401 you say some people think that whatever the board do is wrong.
Why is it you think ever body else is wrong and you and the board are right.
THE FRICKLEY BOARDS OVER RECENT YEARS HAVE A RUBBISH TRACK RECORD over shall we say the last 20 years or so they have sacked good managers then gave the managers job to men who could not do the job, got rid of good player, let money people come in and out do what they want, allowed the club to go down to div 1, allowed the feeling to develop of them and us, allowed the new manager to just be appointed without advertising the job so I have been told, allowed the academy to become the main thrust of the club while building a second rate first team apart from a few very good proven players,
Use the club as a money cow with events at the ground. ( does the money from these event go into the clubs funds? ), rips the fans of with high gate prices, put the price of food up at the tea bar, build changing rooms come function room that went on for weeks to finish or be handed over by the build at well over budget with all the trouble that made. You ask ch1401 why do we think the board is wrong just look at the above and there is many more and where the club is playing at level flaming div1. That’s why we long term fans are as sick as a parrot. Because our club is going fast on a down hill path and people like you who have only been here two minutes come on here with your new model rubbish talk and then will be gone in no time I bet. For goodness sake lad grow up stop thinking you know it all. You don’t.
What are you studying at uni I bet you would get a first in waffle.
You can not put an old head on young shoulders comes to mind
One of the old managers at Frickley once said to me Frickley is a great club with fans who have great passion for their club but there is things under the stand that’s not right. If I told you who said that many would be amazed but I will not break a confidence so don’t ask.
The old chairmen of old will be turning in there grave at the way Frickley AFC has gone.

Last edited by Frickley 1 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:40 am, edited 4 times in total.