It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transfers
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:23 am 

I think it's too early to tell with the transfers. Admittedly, if by the start of the season 75% of the squad are made of NCEL players I'll be a little worried, but like I've said, I don't want to write any players off yet- some of our best players have previously come from the NCEL. That said, Bodle and Jackson were heavily involved in very successful seasons last year, whilst McMenemy hit nearly 30 goals for Bottesford. Hogg has Evo-Stik experience with Grantham, Stockbridge and North Ferriby. I'm waiting to see who else is announced as signed on- though my sources tell me not to write off Valentine just yet 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:46 am 

ch1401 wrote:
I think it's too early to tell with the transfers. Admittedly, if by the start of the season 75% of the squad are made of NCEL players I'll be a little worried, but like I've said, I don't want to write any players off yet- some of our best players have previously come from the NCEL. That said, Bodle and Jackson were heavily involved in very successful seasons last year, whilst McMenemy hit nearly 30 goals for Bottesford. Hogg has Evo-Stik experience with Grantham, Stockbridge and North Ferriby. I'm waiting to see who else is announced as signed on- though my sources tell me not to write off Valentine just yet 8)

If we don't have a team of players who are proven Ev0-Stik or above players how can we get out of this Div?
You have posted we should be pushing for the play offs then you ask why we / I say your posting rubbish. NCEL player will not be pushing for a play off place. Tell me one team who has gone up with a team like the one Frickley are building. Your in dream land ch1401.You say Hogg has
Prem Evo-Stik experience ask your self why is he not there now?
We older fans have watch this over the years many times and you need better players than NCEL players to go up.Get real.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:55 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
ch1401 wrote:

If we don't have a team of players who are proven Ev0-Stik or above players how can we get out of this Div?
You have posted we should be pushing for the play offs then you ask why we / I say your posting rubbish. NCEL player will not be pushing for a play off place. Tell me one team who has gone up with a team like the one Frickley are building. Your in dream land ch1401.You say Hogg has
We older fans have watch this over the years many times and you need better players than NCEL players to go up.Get real.

Tha wins nowt wi kids.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:12 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:

Wasn't John Cyrus an NCEL player? And Reece Thompson? Brad Riley? Max Leonard? These are all players who flourished in the Evo-Stik Prem, after being recruited by Rose, who often used the NCEL as a pool of talented players. Again, I'm not suggesting that we build a team around NCEL players, not that NCEL players can automatically make the step up- if the next five players we sign all have Evo-Stik/Conference experience, will you be making the same arguments? If the squad blends together well over pre-seaon, will you be making the same arguments?

And can we stop with the argument that because you're older, you're correct? I genuinely couldn't care how long you've been watching Frickley, what worked forty years ago won't necessarily work now. I'm employed by a NCEL club (completely unrelated to Frickley) and have seen the changes first hand in the way clubs develop players. We need to adapt as well before we fall behind.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:35 am 

Ch1401 you’re right about these players but they were brought into already established squads in ones and twos not sixes and sevens massive difference

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:38 am 

Old school wrote:
Ch1401 you’re right about these players but they were brought into already established squads in ones and twos not sixes and sevens massive difference

Right, and so far we've brought in three. The point of pre-season is to establish a squad, I don't see why people are making this a huge point.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm 

Old school wrote:

Also worth to point that, with the exception of last season (where recruitment was a disaster in every sense of the word) the club has consistently brought in NCEL players over pre-season- whether in the Evo-Stik Prem or Division One. The following lists the amount of NCEL players in the squad for the first game of the season-

17/18- 5 (Darker, Nodder, Hopewell, Davies, Fairclough)
16/17- 4 (Guest, Lufudu, Burton, Diggles)
15/16- 5 (Johnson, Wood, Smith, Ellam, Griffin)
14/15- 6 (Cyrus, Barnett, Joseph, Riley, Knowles, Flynn)
13/14- 4 (Villermann, Fearon, Oniama, Redfearn)

Of course, this also exludes all of the players who were brought from Division One when we were in the Prem, who may have not had Prem experience. Whilst there are plenty of players who weren't able to make the step up from the NCEL in the list above, it also shows that recruiting 4/5 players from the NCEL is business as usual for Frickley, and has resulted in some good players. It makes the hysteria of Spink bringing in three (Jackson, McMenemy and Bodle) pretty irrelevant.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:51 pm 

My point is they weren’t playing alongside academy players which has already been said there is going to be at least 25% of the the team made up from academy (see fearn) unless he denies that aswell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:14 pm 

Old school wrote:
My point is they weren’t playing alongside academy players which has already been said there is going to be at least 25% of the the team made up from academy (see fearn) unless he denies that aswell

Spink has confirmed that he wants minimum 16 first team players supplemented by u21 players from the academy. We've already dispelled this myth that the first team is going to be replaced by an academy team. We've already shown that u21 players will not play unless they're ready for first team action. Stop fear-mongering and give the young lads a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:42 pm 

It’s not what spink wants it’s what he’s told to do by fearn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:58 pm 

Old school wrote:
It’s not what spink wants it’s what he’s told to do by fearn

I'm sure it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:02 pm 

i think you need to check some of those names your are spouting from the NCEL there chris, at least 2 were signed from the county senior league and 3 were from our juniors and not the NCEL,
and brad riley?????? shows how good he was by where hes been since he left here, would have been better with lisa riley.

p.s. I think folks will give these players a chance like your asking, but what we are asking for is players with a bit of pedigree, a bit of a name on their c.v. rather than an NCEL player or somebodys youth player with a couple of months loan spells in the evo-stik.
someone that we can look at and say "hmm,that looks a good signing" probably something nobody has said yet, except you. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:04 pm 

Well, three very interesting signings today!

John Pugh- Evo-Stik striker from Sheffield FC, will add competition up front.
Nenad Smiljanic- midfielder who returns to Yorkshire after a spell in America. Played Evo-Stik last year and youth team football for Frickley a few years ago
Jake Currie- creative and versatile player from Gallan

Think these players add great competition and quality to the squad, will be exciting to see how they play in pre-season. Arguably the midfield and forward positions are filled now, with only defence to work on.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:42 pm 

Amazing how Ponty can afford players like Pickton, Seb and Jammer all experienced proven players at this level. I'd swap these three for all Spinks new signings.If as you say ch1401 Pugh is quality how many games did he play for Sheffield last season and how many goals did he score. Two more NCEL players your'e having a laugh one a reserve goalie and one that Fearn and Spink didn't think was good enough last season

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:18 am 

It looks like we have signed two more players, NOT proven Evo-stick players or higher by the sound of it.
But will we need Evo-Stik players in 2020 /2021 in the what ever league we are in.
I say again bottom 8 or going down this season.
This lot can not convince me they are going for premonition this coming season with the player they are signing.
I really hope I am wrong and if I am I will say so.
Get ready ch1401 will be posting give the new model a chance and the new players.
After all two other team are restructuring so it must be right. Not.
I said when this lot came we can not do any thing about it so take the good times while they last. I fear the good times at Frickley are no more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next