It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transfers
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:57 am 

Probably a bit of a premature worry at this stage- we've only signed two new players, one of which is certain to be straight in the first team.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:02 pm 

Another new signing- 20 year old Jack McMenemy is a striker who scored 28 goals last season, previously of Bottesford, Grantham and Lincoln City u19s. Hopefully will form a good partnership with Hazel.

Leaving is Jameel Ible. Will be a big miss, but I'm sure there is a replacement lined up.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:16 am 

Sad to see Jameel has gone. Bringing in young players and u19 and lower Div players shows us where we are heading. IMO not looking good for getting out of this rubbish Div. I said this time last year we would finish mid table I was right.I think this season we will finish in the bottom 8 maybe go down. Well done to the board I say.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:02 am 

How on earth can you say that we're going to finish in the bottom eight when it's May, we haven't play any pre-season games yet, and only have about eight players?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 9:31 am 

Well Frickley 1 I disagree with you on a couple of points this is not a rubbish league and don't blame the board for our situation its solely down to Fearn and Mcknight they ask the board their opinions then ignore them. Will Jammer's replacement be of the Tom Burgin standard or the Doncaster Sunday League.
I say its not a rubbish league but its administrators are they say they have to tweak the boundary lines to make things fair so they reduce the South division by 1 mile to 126 miles per game but increase ours by 26 miles to 110 per game if they had significantly reduced Souths millage fair enough but to just add 26 miles to North is not fair at all. the clubs voted by a majority last season to the league being split East / West its now returned to North / South did the clubs have a say ? so every club in the North will have an extra 494 miles to travel not very green is it.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:22 am 

Ken hill at last hallelujah someone else has realised where the problem stems from fearn and McKnight when are the others going to wake up and smell the coffee thought he was Alex Ferguson 1st year using previous managers players paying loadsamoney failed ,2nd season shown how good was and bailed out for u 16 academy team that no one there had heard of now back as god knows

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:28 am 

These two are only interested in the academy side because it makes a lot of money the main football team frickley athletic comes down the list they aren’t that interested in the first team only the cash cow

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 1:13 pm 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last season didn't Spen/Stan/Spink only use three players from the u19s? The only ones I can think of are Mears, Szanto and Carrick, and I'm pretty sure 90% of their appearances were from off the bench

This myth that Frickley is going to become nothing more than an academy team is absolutely nonsense- yes, I'm aware that the management want to bring in more youngsters from the u19 team, but the evidence so far suggests that they are only involved once they are good enough, and not just thrown in for the sake of it. And anyway, isn't it something to encourage, getting local players who have worked their way up from the academy teams to play for the first team? The success of Burton, Cable and Wilkinson show that there is talent there

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:10 pm 

Ch1401 you ask how can I say we will finish in the bottom 8 or go down. Check my past records on what will happen to Frickley in the coming season and you will find out F1 is all ways right. BUT I HOPE I AM WRONG THIS TIME but I don’t think I will be with this management and some of the players he has signed. By the way I agree with old school Fearn and his mate IMO are killing Frickley FC. But as I said when they first came we can do nothing about it so do one of two things go with the flow or go somewhere else.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:16 pm 

What players has Spink signed ahead of the new season that makes you think we will finish in the bottom eight?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:23 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Ch1401 you ask how can I say we will finish in the bottom 8 or go down. Check my past records on what will happen to Frickley in the coming season and you will find out F1 is all ways right. BUT I HOPE I AM WRONG THIS TIME but I don’t think I will be with this management and some of the players he has signed. By the way I agree with old school Fearn and his mate IMO are killing Frickley FC. But as I said when they first came we can do nothing about it so do one of two things go with the flow or go somewhere else.

After trawling through posts made at the beginning of the last two seasons, I couldn't find any predictions made by you- care to link them?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:28 pm 

As Alan Hanson famously said you don't win anything with kids later amended to unless they grow up very quick, JB is going to feel ancient when he walks into the dressing room.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:32 pm 

Hazel (25), Liversidge (28), Jordan (27)?

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:55 pm 

Didn't know we are going to play 3 aside, perhaps you could add Sam Cable to that list if he re-signs, but experienced players cost money so why not keep players you know like Jammer, Algar who Fearn brought to club and Hinsley they were three players Spinky should have been building a team around.

Last edited by Ken Hill on Wed May 29, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:01 pm 

Ken Hill wrote:
Didn't know we are going to play 3 aside

My point being of the nine players already signed on for next season, three are experienced at this level, one more has been at the club for three full seasons, and two more have had full seasons in the NCEL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next