It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transfers
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:07 pm 

ch1401 wrote:
Tom Jackson played two seasons at Bridlington Town. First under Curtis Woodhouse, then under Brett Agnew.

Fairly certain Curtis Woodhouse signed him at the start of the 18/19 season before Brett Agnew took over. When we played them at the start of the season one of their officials told me what a good signing he was and that he had been playing for a club in London in 17/18. He played for Ilford FC in 17/18.

I know of four 'keepers that Bridlington used in 17/18 and Tom Jackson was not one of them (James Hitchcock, Philip Dobson, Reece Nestor and Jody Barford)

EDIT - this is his player profile for the 18/19 season confirming he signed for Brid at the start of the season:

A new signing for the Seasiders this year, Tom has great distribution and excellent shot stopping could be a real asset for the Seasiders Tom joins us from Ilford F.C. with whom he played for while completing a university degree in physiotherapy

Last edited by Finchley Tiger on Thu May 16, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:09 pm 

Sorry ch1401 but fearn has told people he’s released that this season will be made up of 25% accadamy players following season 50% if you think spink will be left to run that team you’re way more naive than l thought you were,lastly you keep saying fearn is in charge of recruitment so tell me this who does he know I’ll tell-you no one of any quality so tell me how they are going to improve he can only attract players with money and he’s already said massive cutbacks next season

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:29 pm 

ch1401 wrote:
Tom Jackson played two seasons at Bridlington Town. First under Curtis Woodhouse, then under Brett Agnew.

Jackson had one season at brid as per Finchley tigers post, he did play under the 2 managers mentioned as woodhouse left last season and agnew took over the reigns.
as for spinky being in charge of tactics, signings, etc, well, think again, spinky is only spencers puppet, who was it that rang luke hinsley and hoody up and told them there is nothing at frickley for them....... not spinky.
this is the same luke who commanded a transfer fee to prise him away from us 3 seasons ago,the same luke that is gutted by this decision as he loves the club, and the same luke that blleds blue when he cuts himself.
some players choose where to play because of the money involved,this is one guy that would not have broke the bank for us to get a decent player.
also there is mention of the juniors/under 21`s/under 19`s or whatever to be included, sorry but apart from jack burton and liam carrick the others are not worthy of sitting on the bench at first team level don't forget others were on loan at ncel clubs last season and couldn't get regular game time, so what does that tell you about them.

p.s. spinkys managerial record is not earthshattering,so anyone looking from outside would be shocked he has got a shot in the evo stik league. I think a case of nepotism at best.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:53 pm 

Blue Stan for once we agree on something

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:53 am 

The point being that, as head of recruitment, it is within Spen's purview to sign/release players. I'm sure Spink had made clear that Hinsley wasn't in his plans for the next season, so it's for the head of recruitment to release him.

On the youngsters, I'm hoping that the quality of young players coming through will be becoming greater, thanks to the appointment of people like Williams/Harmston/Chapman etc

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 7:54 am 

Not so sure Spen will not be involved in team affairs like you think ch1401.
I think he will be.
Not saying that’s a bad thing or good thing?
We will have to wait and see.
I still think we would have had a better chance of getting out of this rubbish Div if the board had backed MM but they dident so we have the old management back and that’s that.
Will the club get the support from the fans next season? Not sure.
Frickley is not the same club it used to be any more.
But what do I know.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:57 am 

During fearns first season with an abundance of money he finished 4th with mostly signings from previous management and signed by Gareth second season with more of his signings 16th I think when he left for the prestigious post of Sheffield Wednesday u 16 graduate team and you lot think he’s gonna make a difference he’s clueless.Messers spink and co will as blue Stan says be merely puppets.Take a look at his very last interview when he announced he was leaving just lost 3-0 can’t remember who to at home he laughs all the way through it does that look like someone who cares he will ruin this great club

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:18 am 

Spen is still at Sheffield Wednesday u16s, I'd be very impressed if he can find the time to coach/manage two sides at the same time. Spen is purely in charge of recruitment and player development, it doesn't make sense for him to be picking/coaching the team at the same time, especially, as I said, he's already involved in working with Sheffield Wednesday and the NEFA.

Spink is a manager in his own right. He has the bonus of working with Spen previously, but also boasts experience at Harworth and Worksop Town. He may be a young manager, but I hardly think that spending pre-season accusing him of being a puppet is going to bring the team any confidence. He's worked with the majority of the squad before, and it's only expected for players he hasn't worked with to be shown the exit door (Hinsley etc) and be replaced by players he wants. From what I understand, both Spink and Spen jointly identify the transfers, with Spen then tasked with signing them for the team.

It's not hard to understand.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:05 pm 

Ch1401 whatever they are telling you wake up and smell the coffee or in this case bulls##t
At least open your eyes he owns the club now he will want to do everything

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:07 pm 

Old school wrote:
Blue Stan for once we agree on something

theres always a first time for everything. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:24 pm 

ch1401 wrote:
Spink is a manager in his own right. He has the bonus of working with Spen previously, but also boasts experience at Harworth and Worksop Town. He may be a young manager, but I hardly think that spending pre-season accusing him of being a puppet is going to bring the team any confidence.
It's not hard to understand.

first of all ch1401 I would hardly call managing 3 games in NCEL prem and 10 games in NCEL one, as a yardstick to getting a job in evo-stik one management, but once the season starts they will have my backing.
I didn't know the team read the forum, so if someone calling their manager a puppet is going to lower morale in the camp then they need to grow a pair and get real, I know someone calling my boss a puppet would go in one ear and out of the other for me.
as for the exciting times ahead with development of the juniors where is our scouting network looking ?
spain,portugal,france, cos how many lads in the SESKU area are actually good enough at 18/19 to play at NCEL level, let alone evo -stik.
so to cap it all off we have the puppet and the puppeteer,who knows it could turn out to be as good as clough n taylor, laurel n hardy, Morecambe n wise(not sure which is wise tho) or even dumb and dumber(not sure on that one either)

p.s. are you here just to wind people up ch1401, as I remember one of your first posts on this forum was to castigate and criticise the boys who make up the programme, you know the one that's just been voted 2nd best in our division.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:08 am 

Absolutely uncalled for, this forum has been absolutely dead since Martin took over, all I'm trying to do is inject some debate and conversation about next season- accusing me of winding people up is absolutely pathetic, go take a long, hard look at yourself.

Having doubts over Spink's previous managerial is expected, a young manager with not a lot of success. However, accusing the club of ulterior motives and hard-working members of staff as puppets or puppet-masters is absolutely incredible, and totally base-less. Spink is a football manager in his own right with his own style- I can't believe I'm saying this week's after his appointment.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:41 am 

Just because someone does not hold your views B Stan does not mean they are only on here just to wind someone up.
If that was the case you your self BS could be the biggest wind up person on this Forum. IMO.
ch1401. I don't think the Forum died because Martin came to the club it died before he came.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:12 pm 

I don't believe it died because of Martin, it just seemed to coincide with him joining- although it was getting increasingly low traffic. I used to enjoy using this site as a place to discuss the team and contemplate transfers/tactics/the manager- now people can't wait to use it as a space to insult fans and others associated with the club.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:30 pm 

well ch1401 I find it hard to believe that anyone thinks that Luke Hinsley has left because the new management hasn't seen him play but if it is correct Spinky should go back to being a failure in NCEL. I think its because they wouldn't pay him, Luke is the kind of player we need far better than most of the players Spen brought in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next