It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transfers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:15 am 

I fear for the club full stop with the lunatics taking over accademy first 1st team secondary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:10 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
It looks like we have signed two more players, NOT proven Evo-stick players or higher by the sound of it.
But will we need Evo-Stik players in 2020 /2021 in the what ever league we are in.
I say again bottom 8 or going down this season.
This lot can not convince me they are going for premonition this coming season with the player they are signing.
I really hope I am wrong and if I am I will say so.
Get ready ch1401 will be posting give the new model a chance and the new players.
After all two other team are restructuring so it must be right. Not.
I said when this lot came we can not do any thing about it so take the good times while they last. I fear the good times at Frickley are no more.

Tell me about these Good Times, Mr Rodgers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:28 pm 

Well BrokenHips we did get into the play offs a few seasons back under Spen apart from that ???.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:35 pm 

Well Brokenhips - there was the 2 seasons where we got relegated but got reprieved, the seasons we avoided relegation in the last game, the seasons where we just managed to claw our way out of the relegation places in April.

It's been a constant stream of good times, success & attractive football - I'm not surprised fans are despondent lately, we've been spoilt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:16 pm 

Pithead Baths has hit the nail on the head. Frickley have not been a successful side over the last fifteen years, with mid-table mediocrity been our highest achievement. We've seen successive sides under successive managers battle against relegation- we have absolutely no entitlement to success, and it's clear that our old approach to football, ie short term planning has not been a success. In order to have a chance to succeed, we need to innovate, and at least Spen and Spink are giving that a go. Will it work? I've no idea, but I'm optimistic about the future and think we should support our players and staff, especially as they haven't set foot onto the field yet.

I do think the sense of entitlement displayed by some members on here is shocking. Whether you've been watching Frickley play for five years or fifty years, it genuinely makes no difference on how much of a 'fan' you are. I'm not quite sure what rights people think they have to discourage new fans from getting involved with the club, simply because they hold a different point of view on how the club is run? Football isn't the same game as it was fifty years ago, and so to lambast these modern methods of the current set up because it doesn't allign with past success is ludicrous. I genuinely have no idea whether this current strategy will work or not. We might be top by Christmas, or in the bottom four. But what I'm not going to do is to post on this site writing off the manager, coaching staff, players and board without seeing a single minute of action.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:28 pm 

I'm not quite sure of the people you think are discouraging new fans from getting involved with the club it cost me £4 to take my grandson to a game last season perhaps its the people that set the admission prices your'e talking about. Talking about getting involved did you take your'e paint brush to paint the ground last Saturday or to paint the new changing rooms a couple of years back if you did good man if you didn't hypocrite springs to mind.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:20 am 

As I posted get ready ch1401 will soon be posting.
He has done. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:57 am 

Frickley 1 wrote:
As I posted get ready ch1401 will soon be posting.
He has done. :lol:

Think I've got every right to comment on this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 pm 

You have but can you just play a different tune now and again?
You have got a bit predictable.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:56 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
You have but can you just play a different tune now and again?
You have got a bit predictable.

You're right. Hold my hands up and apologise. This is what I should've said instead-

Frickley are bound to be relegated this season. The players brought in are rubbish and the young lads will never be of good enough quality, so it's a waste of time developing them. We need to roll back the clock five years, back to the success of Rose's tenure. Spen and Spink are frauds who should be shot at dawn.

Better?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:09 pm 

Water boy why are you so obsessed with Karl rose every time we also had billy heath Phil Sharpe but these managers unified the cub not break it into pieces these managers also had shoestring budgets to work with but the football was enjoyable and in a league above so forward to fearn bought the job thinking he was the big l am biggest budget ever couldn’t attract his own players so paid crazy money out to existing players should with that team won league by Christmas then following season failed miserably lost 3-0 at home laughed all way through his after March interview saying he’s leaving to go with Sheffield Wednesday u 16 then comes back as director of football which coincides with a course for guess what did he need a placement l ask? So yeah no wonder folk on here giving him stick.Hes someone who just likes smoke blown up his backside.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:02 pm 

As I have all ready posted ch1401 just likes to wind real fans up. Talks rubbish for the sake of an argument.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:33 am 

Frickley 1 wrote:
As I have all ready posted ch1401 just likes to wind real fans up. Talks rubbish for the sake of an argument.

When you're constantly accused of not being a real fan just because of your age, then yeah, you are going to be hacked off at people.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:12 am 

And the reason people get hacked of with you is because you want to back a new model that is going to field a team that will not be good enough to get us out of the div we are in. Give them a chance you say. What happens when they fail and walk away like Spen did last season? What happens to Frickley then? Who will want the managers job then? I said as you know to the board don’t do any thing daft look what they did sack a proven manager and give the club back to the one who walked away from Frickley. We had a proven manager in MM one who looked like he could given the boards support get us back in the prem. now look what we have and you say give them a chance even you say I don’t know if the new model will work but let’s try it. What then? You are talking rubbish for the sake of a argument. Sorry I think you are just winding the real fans up and now you are boring me.
This is my last posting on this thread for that reason.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:11 am 

But what if it DOES work? How can you be so sure that it definitely won’t work?

You both have the right to an opinion. It appears CH can’t share his because it doesn’t tie in with yours. Can’t castigate him and label him a WUM for sharing his opinion on a forum just because you don’t agree.

Let’s look forward, we might be 16 points clear at the top of the league by Christmas.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next