It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: This season.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:41 am 

At the start of this season we all hoped we would get back into the prem div. This is not going to happen and as I said mid season we would end up mid table 11th at the best but no lower than 12th. IMO this season has not been a good un. We had Spen going then it didn’t work out well for Stan and so we found our self in the bottom half of the table. But then MM came in and picked us up and like I said has got us into a mid table place. I say well done MM you have done a good job. I also say well done to the board for acting and giving the job to MM before it was too late. When we went down from the prem I said at the time it would be hard to get back up there and I still think it will be but we have the right man IMO as manager who can hopefully build his own team for next season. I really hope we don’t do something daft like we have done in resent years BOARD TAKE NOTE and stop next season before it starts. We are a better club than the East div we need to be in the prem so let’s get behind the manager give him the tools to do the job and take FRICKLEY AFC back to the top. Have a great summer one and all. Let’s see what 2019/2020 brings us. Prem football the blues are coming.

Post subject: Re: This season.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:34 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
BOARD TAKE NOTE and stop next season before it starts. We are a better club than the East div

how can the board stop the season from starting???
and yes agree about the league we are in, but lets not forget all clubs are in their respective leagues for a reason, next season will be even tougher to break out of IMO,we will have worksop, Ilkeston,and Dunston, more than likely joining us and at least 2 of them will be well equipped to give it a good go, it will be nice to have a couple of decent grounds to visit in worky and ilson as the standard of some of these grounds in this division leave a lot to be desired, that today being a prime example(a poor mans shelley) I still believe we have the best ground in this division by far, and lets be honest here, ours is not the best in the NPL by a long way, sorry to see gresley go down cos even tho its a poor ground it does have some charm.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:50 pm 

blue stan wrote:
Frickley 1 wrote:
BOARD TAKE NOTE and stop next season before it starts. We are a better club than the East div

how can the board stop the season from starting???
and yes agree about the league we are in, but lets not forget all clubs are in their respective leagues for a reason, next season will be even tougher to break out of IMO,we will have worksop, Ilkeston,and Dunston, more than likely joining us and at least 2 of them will be well equipped to give it a good go, it will be nice to have a couple of decent grounds to visit in worky and ilson as the standard of some of these grounds in this division leave a lot to be desired, that today being a prime example(a poor mans shelley) I still believe we have the best ground in this division by far, and lets be honest here, ours is not the best in the NPL by a long way, sorry to see gresley go down cos even tho its a poor ground it does have some charm.

My understanding is that the league will not be split East/West next season. Imagine a line across the country from Chester to Hull, those above will play in the "North/North West" league, below it in the "South/South East". Dunston and Workington (who are moving to a new ground next season) will play in the "North", you are right on the border but expected to be in the "South".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:12 pm 

Now blue Stan do you understand what I posted stopping the season before it starts?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:59 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Now blue Stan do you understand what I posted stopping the season before it starts?

I don't please clarify.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:50 am 

Have a look at my posting on the new manager post maybe then you should understand.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:29 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:

no I don't understand Chinese or those Chinese proverbs F1,sorry.
P.S. it looks like I'm not the only one to not understand you either.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:41 am 

Well blue Stan maybe one day you may be enlightened.
That’s if you want to be.
Or maybe you just like living in ignorance.
Have a nice summer.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:30 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Have a nice summer.

What is that supposed to mean? Just explain rather than be insulting.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:30 pm 

Frickley 1 wrote:
Have a nice summer.

dear F1,
sorry that you seem to be turning to insulting folks that dont understand your non-sensical posts,
we are all of a different educational standard, i personally dont understand your original posting,
hence the reason i raised the point asking for you to elaborate on what the meaning of it was,
not just myself but others have asked you to clarify the situation too,having searched the other
post that you mention i am still no wiser. oh if only i was enlightened :roll: but then that day may
come soon, they say ignorance is bliss, i wish i was in a blissful situation right now.
they say that speed is of the essence, nothing that i profess to have much of in these days due to
old age,arthritic joints(not the sort of joints you must be on)incontinence,blonde moments,and
shades of alzheimers, but i asked you a question on saturday, it is now thursday, and still no reply,
so ignorance may be my problem, but it looks like haste is your main downfall.
all the best
blue stan

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:44 pm 

Right B Stan. I for one was hoping for great thing for next season but in past years the board at Frickley have done some daft thing in the closed season like sacking karl and not giving him a chance to build a team for the next season after he was given the job. This got a lot of fans back up as you know and killed any hopes they had for the next season. After MM was given the job of manager and made a very good job of keeping us up most fans where looking forward to next season.I posted (board) don't do something daft and kill next season before it starts. ( ie. kill the fans hopes and our chance of getting out of this rubbish Div before the season started like they had done IMO in the passed. Sadly for many of us (FANS) the board has done just that again, killed our hopes and chance of getting out of this rubbish Div by getting rid of MM.
Again killing next season for the fans before it got started.
I hope this is of some help Blue Stan and now you can understand F1 posting.
The above is not been insulting to you. I hope.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:43 am 

I understand your point now with regards to the dashing of fans hopes, thanks for the clarification :)