It is currently Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Marske
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:29 am 

Third loss of the season.

Huffed and puffed the whole game, absolute no lack of effort from the players but we never looked like scoring and ultimately beaten by a much better team. Marske management team and fans a joke, trying to get Frickley players booked at every occasion, which seems daft when your team is already 3-0 up.

To put it into perspective, the lad who netted the hat trick for Marske now has 17 goals for the season. Our top scorer has 2. We desperately need to start scoring goals, and the only way we're going to be able to do that is if we bring in a regular goalscorer to play alongside Brad Wells because, as much as I like the player, he's never looked like a 30 goal a season striker. Apparently Luke Hinsley is back, he's a cracking player but not exactly a goalscorer :/

Again, plenty of effort from the lads, Frecks has got them well-drilled and when he gets the injured players back in the team I'm sure the defence will shore up again. The no. 8 on loan from Gainsborough had an excellent game as well. We just need that elusive goal scorer.

Post subject: Re: Marske
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:29 am 

Your right we need a goal scorer Luke is a good player and always gives 100% but not a goal machine. I am surprised he has come back after the way he was treated last time he was here I think under Spen. The players gave 100% last night but if we want to get back into the prem things need to change fast. We give our best 100% but are some of these lads up to the job to get us back into the prem?’ Ossett and Sunderland and last night exposed our short comings against the top teams in our league we IMO where second best in all three games. How many time do we bang the ball up field no Frickley wining headers then for it only to come straight back at us again. How many bad passes and Freck screaming at the player to just do what he has told the players to do. I still say we could have a good team if Freck can get them playing together maybe top half but a promotion team ?????. Not many at the game last night but with games like these I am not surprised.
We had a great start but after the animal went we have done nowt.
One player shouldn’t be the team.
The trouble is if we want top players we have to pay the wages has Frickley got the money to pay top players?
Or have we just got to be happy with a good top 10 team?

Thats what I think for what it’s worth what Do you lot think?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:00 pm 

Great news that Hinsley is coming back, another player who runs for 90 minutes. We've only scored 7 goals in 8 games this season, I think a lot of the problem is that we're not getting many chances. Its obvious that a couple of the teams we've seen have a bit of money - we don't have that luxury. Frecks is a top manager and will get the best out of the players he has got, as long as they give 100% thats all we can ask. I know losing Keiron has thrown a spanner in the works but have been really impressed with the young lad Joe up front. After watching 5 games this season I think Tyler has been outstanding. Hopefully we can get back to winning ways when we get our absentees back

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:47 pm 

Freck said in his tweet we deserved a draw well I am sorry I don’t think we did.
Yes the lads gave 100% to a man but effort alone does not win games skill and effort does with a bit of luck.
We where out played they deserved the win not a draw let’s be honest.
They where by far to good for us. We did our best but they did better end of.
That’s not taking anything from the players they did what they could do.
Freck is a good manager and has built a team on the budget he has been given credit to him.
But I think he sees things sometimes through rose coloured specs.
I suppose we all do some times.
As I have posted before we have played some top teams in our league and have been beat well and truly.
That shows us where we are at.
We will beat teams around us and I think we could be in the top half of the league come the end of the season which would be a not bad season for Frickley
That does not make us a bad team neither does it say our player are no good it just shows us how good we can be with out the big money some club have.
Don’t get my wrong I would love to see us in the play offs or better still going up but can we do that I hope so.
But can we leave our rose coloured specs at home.