It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Darlington RA 2 CLS 1
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:10 pm 

Not sure what to say about Saturday. I honestly have never been to a CLS game where we were 1 up and I felt so comfortable. I could not see a rather average Darlington side scoring and could only see us going on to win easily. We had numerous chances to put the game to bed and ultimately paid the price for not pressing home our advantage. Two scrappy goals won the game for RA in the last ten minutes the first a header deflected in from Kegs and the second a moment of madness from Asa a back pass straight to their sub who finished well. We did have players missing again but the new signings who came into the team on Saturday Mattie Smith, Aaron McEwan and the young goalie Ethan Anderson all did well and as I say we were by far the better team for 80 mins until our ten minutes of brain death. Gutted at the end to lose, didn't mind against Tow Law because we never got started and they played well, didn't mind against the Shields as they steamrollered us in the first ten minutes but after that we played OK but saturday was a different matter as we beat ourselves in the end.

Post subject: Re: Darlington RA 2 CLS 1
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:58 pm 

Not acceptable simple as that. 2nd half was embarrassingly poor.
Little composure, lack of quality, poor choices and a total lack of voice on the park.

1st goal amazed me how did it get to the middle of the box at head height? We had no one in the hole

2nd goal well only azza can tell you why he didn't release the ball, kid toe ended it from him... Goal.

Collectively we've took the plaudits for what is still a fantastic first part of the season but the crap goals we are conceding need to stop and players need to gee each other up or bollock others to get players on their game