It is currently Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Durham City.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:10 pm 

Terrierdave wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
A bit from mike amos, seems he does log on here:
https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com/

Mike has always liked a dose of NLZ 8)

Ha ha. Probably a non posting user

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

Terrierdave wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

His rant about the "uneducated and ill-informed" of NLZ was my favourite :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:31 pm 

Neil M wrote:
Terrierdave wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

His rant about the "uneducated and ill-informed" of NLZ was my favourite :mrgreen:

Nlz will probably get the blame if durham fold

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:10 pm 

Neil M wrote:

I always enjoy the "great good luck to them" towards a team when promoted from the NL. You can almost hear the gnashing of teeth...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:23 pm 

ParsJake wrote:
Neil M wrote:

I always enjoy the "great good luck to them" towards a team when promoted from the NL. You can almost hear the gnashing of teeth...

Odly enough i dont think he has congratulated any of the teams promoted just mentioned the long hikes to Lincolnshire. As if they will play that far every other week!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:08 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Odly enough i dont think he has congratulated any of the teams promoted just mentioned the long hikes to Lincolnshire. As if they will play that far every other week!

Unless it was a game in the Vase, in which case it was a great opportunity to make friends from further afield. Plenty more opportunities to do that now Shildon have gone up. Great good luck to them.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:45 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
ParsJake wrote:
Neil M wrote:

If you look at the step 4 maps, on Twitter ‘Nonleague Maps’ most of the clubs in the NPL1E are in the M1-A1-M62 corridor. It’s actually Lincoln, Cleethorpes, Bridlington and Pickering that are stuck out on a limb and everyone of their away games is at least an hour away. The more clubs that get promoted from the NL, the better it’ll be for northeastern clubs. It’s currently more difficult for northeastern clubs in the NPL Prem, because that league is full of northwestern clubs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:51 am 

Likes of cleethorpes and lincoln will always be out on a limb whatever league they are in. There sure will be more travelling in the npl premier but thats to be expected as you rise up the leagues, travelling aint as bad as it used to be

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:39 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Likes of cleethorpes and lincoln will always be out on a limb whatever league they are in. There sure will be more travelling in the npl premier but thats to be expected as you rise up the leagues, travelling aint as bad as it used to be

The NPL at steps 3 & 4 are dominated by northwestern clubs. The NPL Prem has 11 of its 22 are ex-NWCL clubs and 2 other clubs that would fall into the NPL1W if relegated.
The NPL1W has 20 clubs, of which 18 clubs that were ex-NWCL clubs and 1 other club Workington if relegated could end up in either the NWCL or NL.
This means that the NPL Prem will continue to be dominated by northwestern clubs for the next 5 years or so. The creation of the NPL1E and upward promotion from it, will start to allow this imbalance towards northwestern clubs at step 3 to reduce. The reason for this imbalance, is the fact NL clubs kept refusing to be promoted from step 5 into the NPL. When they did, in the case of Newcastle BS and Durham City they didn’t last long. Also over the years, more teams that were ex-NCEL have folded or taken voluntary demotion (Eastwood, Hucknall, Retford Utd & Rainworth) or merged (Ossett Albion/Town) and in the northwest only Droylsden have.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:57 pm 

Hi all, I just wanted to post a quick update following a meeting of officials from Durham City AFC on 7th June 2021.

As Mike Amos alluded to, the club will be continuing and is looking forward to another campaign in Northern League Division Two. Manager Peter Mulcaster is putting together a squad of players for the forthcoming season and the club have a slate of friendlies lined up starting away to Durham Uni on 21st June.

Off the field the club will always be on the look out for volunteers to help behind the scenes.

Personally, I am taking on the digital side of things so will be getting the Social Media and club website up to date over the coming days.

I know there are a few elephants in the room when it comes to the ground and ownership, but the new committee are keen to drive the club forward and are looking forward to the new season getting underway next month.

As well as our Twitter account we are on Instagram and Facebook, both under the handle DurhamCityAFC, please give us a follow for regular updates.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:11 pm 

footyramblings wrote:
Hi all, I just wanted to post a quick update following a meeting of officials from Durham City AFC on 7th June 2021.

As Mike Amos alluded to, the club will be continuing and is looking forward to another campaign in Northern League Division Two. Manager Peter Mulcaster is putting together a squad of players for the forthcoming season and the club have a slate of friendlies lined up starting away to Durham Uni on 21st June.

Off the field the club will always be on the look out for volunteers to help behind the scenes.

Personally, I am taking on the digital side of things so will be getting the Social Media and club website up to date over the coming days.

I know there are a few elephants in the room when it comes to the ground and ownership, but the new committee are keen to drive the club forward and are looking forward to the new season getting underway next month.

As well as our Twitter account we are on Instagram and Facebook, both under the handle DurhamCityAFC, please give us a follow for regular updates.

All the best guys, thankless task.

Where are Durham City ground sharing at next season? Willington?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:55 pm 

Mike M wrote:
footyramblings wrote:

How long can Durham City carry on without their own ground? Surely it is a thankless task continually struggling at the bottom end of the NL2. It can’t be too long before they don’t avoid the trap door.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:48 pm 

footyramblings wrote:

Glad the club can start the season and have found helpers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:50 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Mike M wrote:
footyramblings wrote:

How long can Durham City carry on without their own ground? Surely it is a thankless task continually struggling at the bottom end of the NL2. It can’t be too long before they don’t avoid the trap door.

Good point. As well as the lost income and interest due to ground sharing how long is it allowed, is it down to individual leagues or the fa?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:59 pm 

Where are Durham City ground sharing at next season? Willington?[/quote]

How long can Durham City carry on without their own ground? Surely it is a thankless task continually struggling at the bottom end of the NL2. It can’t be too long before they don’t avoid the trap door.[/quote]
Good point. As well as the lost income and interest due to ground sharing how long is it allowed, is it down to individual leagues or the fa?[/quote]

Clubs can groundshare for years. There’s been several threads about Durham City and the question I’ve asked before is why don’t they step down to the Wearside League and try to find a ground of their own. If it takes them 10 years or more to get a step 6 standard ground, at least those involved can build it up from the ground. South Liverpool have spent years outside pyramid and have finally got promoted up to step 6. Without a ground of their own, can anyone see them surviving beyond a couple more years? It wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t finish bottom this season and are relegated. Will those involved carry on at step 7?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 38  Next