It is currently Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Durham City.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:33 pm 

Wack wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Even after this is an absolute shame for the old lads that do the real graft . Bernard has to take the blame for it and get out

Why he doesn’t is baffling, power struggles? Cant be money surely as the club is just a piece of paper really with no ground of there own

According to Companies house Durham City Association Football Club is owned by Diane Wilson and she has been sole owner for 3 years, assuming this is actually the Company that owns the team registered with the Durham FA.

The balance sheet doesn't make good reading either.

Yeh thats Mr Bernard's partner. Its also possible the debt on the club is Director Loans (Bernard pumping money in) but I'm sure with no grounds or assets any prospective owner would only be interested if the debt gets wiped.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:29 pm 

Theres a few clubs much higher up the pyramid who have been sold for a quid due to large debts but in durhams case some would just be paying debt off for a pice of papaer as they dont even play in the city

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:47 pm 

Mr T-side wrote:
surely a merger with Durham United or similar is the way now..

Why would Durham United want tomerge with Durham City?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:22 pm 

marron04 wrote:
Mr T-side wrote:

They wouldn't as they have a clear plan and their own identity. However, another club at that level with huge ambition, little heritage and a degree of avarice might look to a merger just to nick a place in NL2...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:03 am 

johnna wrote:
marron04 wrote:
Mr T-side wrote:

They wouldn't as they have a clear plan and their own identity. However, another club at that level with huge ambition, little heritage and a degree of avarice might look to a merger just to nick a place in NL2...

Do merged teams not have to take the place of the lowest ranked team in the merger anyway?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:29 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Do merged teams not have to take the place of the lowest ranked team in the merger anyway?

In theory- yes. The practice does not always follow suit.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 6:19 pm 

I see they in trouble again, chairman has left, the club, threatening to fold if they dont get volunteers.
I heard they struggling to get decent quality players to commit also.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 9:39 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
I see they in trouble again, chairman has left, the club, threatening to fold if they dont get volunteers.

It’ll be a sad end for a former football league club. The newly promoted clubs all have their own grounds, so it’s always going to be a struggle for a team without their own ground & clubhouse. They’ve been on life support for a few seasons now. I wonder if they can be replaced by one of the feeder league clubs that have appealed their non-promotion?

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 10:38 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:

It’ll be a sad end for a former football league club. The newly promoted clubs all have their own grounds, so it’s always going to be a struggle for a team without their own ground & clubhouse. They’ve been on life support for a few seasons now. I wonder if they can be replaced by one of the feeder league clubs that have appealed their non-promotion?

I personally think the people of Durham have lost all faith Windy, There are 4 or 5 Durham teams most of which seem to be flourishing.

Years and years of owner interference and thinking he can do it his own way without even trying to get an actual feel of the Northern League and what is required.

Geared to that mismanagement and a plethora of bad decisions on and off the pitch. Do they even deserve chance after chance when there are good well ran clubs itching to be given a craic at the NL

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 11:17 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:

I personally think the people of Durham have lost all faith Windy, There are 4 or 5 Durham teams most of which seem to be flourishing.

Years and years of owner interference and thinking he can do it his own way without even trying to get an actual feel of the Northern League and what is required.

Geared to that mismanagement and a plethora of bad decisions on and off the pitch. Do they even deserve chance after chance when there are good well ran clubs itching to be given a craic at the NL

You say years and years of owner interference but to me it looks the opposite, apathetic nothing done, nothing changing. They did give it a go last summer in making something happen but it looks like that was the DOF's play rather than the existing ownership/board.

They've put zero on the social media front for 6-8months to engage with people and supporters or ask for help, then less than two months before the season starts drop this bombshell. Sums it all up for me. Again I struggle to see why Mr Bernard won't just wash his happens of it rather than wind the club up. Watched a lot of there football when they were at Ferens Park, former football league club, just so sad and a massive waste.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 11:31 pm 

Nigel-Reo-Coker wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:
[="Windy1970"]
Still Learning. wrote:

You say years and years of owner interference but to me it looks the opposite, apathetic nothing done, nothing changing. They did give it a go last summer in making something happen but it looks like that was the DOF's play rather than the existing ownership/board.

They've put zero on the social media front for 6-8months to engage with people and supporters or ask for help, then less than two months before the season starts drop this bombshell. Sums it all up for me. Again I struggle to see why Mr Bernard won't just wash his happens of it rather than wind the club up. Watched a lot of there football when they were at Ferens Park, former football league club, just so sad and a massive waste.[/quote]

Sorry I didnt word that very well, what I meant was him having a very negative effect on the club, overruling chairmen and committees decisions, bringing people in without even discussing it, telling managers how he wanted the team to play (lot of good that has done) the list goes on.

I totally agree with you, he should walk away the only thing I dont agree with is he should have done it years ago.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 11:36 pm 

Yep can't disagree with any of that mate. As a fan I'll keep my fingers crossed hoping someone puts there hand up like what happen at Percy Main Amateurs but it isn't looking good.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:42 am 

The club in recent times are just a piece of paper. I dont even think the current incarnation was in the football league. Only seem to have stayed in the league due to seasons been canned and restructuring. Who the hell would want to help the club out with such a idiot owner

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:49 am 

A bit from mike amos, seems he does log on here:
https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:31 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Si_kirk wrote:
A bit from mike amos, seems he does log on here:
https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com/

Mike has always liked a dose of NLZ 8)

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next