It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: Durham City.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:20 pm 

Mr T-side wrote:
Is that the Thackley team as none of those players are registered to Durham

So the rumours are right :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:52 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
Rumours now of unregistered players on the bench for Durham in the cup game.
Surely that won't be the case management may not be NL experience but lots of good committee men who are...

It wasn't that they were unregistered Washington United hadn't waived the 7 days yet durham still signed the two players on.
The tweet by the Washy Utd official has since been deleted though

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:13 pm 

marron04 wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:
Rumours now of unregistered players on the bench for Durham in the cup game.
Surely that won't be the case management may not be NL experience but lots of good committee men who are...

It wasn't that they were unregistered Washington United hadn't waived the 7 days yet durham still signed the two players on.
The tweet by the Washy Utd official has since been deleted though

Thanks for clearing that up Maz, I thought that if a club didn't waiver the 7 days you couldn't sign the player, or am I wrong, if so what is the point of having the 7 day ruling at all?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:05 am 

No your right mate.
The fact the guy from Washington United has since deleted his tweet about the 7 days makues me think that the 7 days must have been waived

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:00 pm 

marron04 wrote:
No your right mate.
The fact the guy from Washington United has since deleted his tweet about the 7 days makues me think that the 7 days must have been waived

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:08 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
marron04 wrote:
No your right mate.

The new registration system on the Whole game should tell any Secretary if the player needs 7 day clearance before adding the player. I attempted to register one last week and it asked if the seven days had been submitted as the player failed to let us know. I also received a notification that a club had signed one of our players for an alliance team and we had waived the 7 days which we hadn't even received a request. Its a complete shambles . Sat 3 hours in the queue waiting to register a player last week which is crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:55 pm 

I have a lot of respect for the hard working volunteers that are keeping Durham City alive, but one thing that didn't sit right with me tonight is that 8 Durham players were abandoned & left to fend for themselves in Crook to try and find a taxi home to Stockton.
We took pity on them providing shelter for them for as long as we could & I even felt guilty leaving them at the road side at 11 o'clock while they waited for their taxi to arrive.
For me the responsibility for looking after the welfare and safety of the players lies with the manager who has brought them to this country.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:13 am 

The Nopp wrote:
I have a lot of respect for the hard working volunteers that are keeping Durham City alive, but one thing that didn't sit right with me tonight is that 8 Durham players were abandoned & left to fend for themselves in Crook to try and find a taxi home to Stockton.
We took pity on them providing shelter for them for as long as we could & I even felt guilty leaving them at the road side at 11 o'clock while they waited for their taxi to arrive.
For me the responsibility for looking after the welfare and safety of the players lies with the manager who has brought them to this country.

That really does not read well. I'd hope the taxi was a, booked for the players b, paid for by the club.

Not wishing to denigrate Crook as it is a canny little town and I have some dear friends there, but it is a bit of an outpost for transport links. At best City have been thoughtless...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:28 am 

The Nopp wrote:

This is very poor form to hear, We can assume this is the foreign lads too i guess. Well done for helping them out for a bit Nopp. I can't see them hanging around long with the form and that treatment if true.

The club needs a completely fresh start, from top to bottom it needs change....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:02 am 

johnna wrote:
The Nopp wrote:

That really does not read well. I'd hope the taxi was a, booked for the players b, paid for by the club.

Not wishing to denigrate Crook as it is a canny little town and I have some dear friends there, but it is a bit of an outpost for transport links. At best City have been thoughtless...

That's the worrying thing, they were left to try and get a taxi after the match & due to the covid restrictions all the local taxis had clocked off for the night.

For me the blame lies with the management team for not ensuring that these players could get home safely. They should have a least made them aware to pre book a taxi.

After all it is manager who has brought them to the country & needs to be held accountable for their welfare.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:40 am 

Theres a wheel off somewhere. For starters why on earth are all these players based in stockton. If they are young lads from out the area then surely there must be a house to put them up in At Willington or surrounding area. Also Foreign players are rare in the league particularly en mass but if thats the clubs model then why not get a minibus arranged to ferry them about like they do with kids teams

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:45 am 

johnna wrote:
The Nopp wrote:

Been stranded there myself before. Phone conked out and had to make a reverse charges call to get a taxi sent, could not seem to see a taxi rank or office anywhere.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:56 am 

Something off isnt there...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:12 pm 

From their twitter account :o

Durham City AFC
@DurhamCity_AFC
Level 1:
The club have stopped working with Director of football John Woolnough and a statement from the club will follow once the club have spoken to the squad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:18 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
From their twitter account :o

Durham City AFC
@DurhamCity_AFC
Level 1:
The club have stopped working with Director of football John Woolnough and a statement from the club will follow once the club have spoken to the squad

Is he the guy that was trying to turn durham into a breeding ground for future champions league stars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next