It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Durham City.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:08 am 

el Queso Grande wrote:
jay74 wrote:
unless the owners are deliberately scuttling the club?
Surely, the easiest way to "scuttle" a club, is to follow the path recently taken by Ryhope CW?

Thats the strange thing about durhams continuing existance. Rhyope had a ground in the village and were doing well yet called it a day whilst durham are dire and aint played in the city for a year but are keeping going

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:08 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
bigcbeat1 wrote:
Be nice if people just left Durham alone . 27 pages of slagging them is enough don’t you think . Give them a break for christ sake .

Think its more a pop at those who ruin the club

Tidied your comment, for accuracy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:29 pm 

JordDH1 wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
bigcbeat1 wrote:
Be nice if people just left Durham alone . 27 pages of slagging them is enough don’t you think . Give them a break for christ sake .

Think its more a pop at those who ruin the club

Tidied your comment, for accuracy

Ha ha i made a typo but was still pretty true

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:18 pm 

bigcbeat1 wrote:

No matter what you think BB it "is" something people want to talk about, 27 pages alone verify that, should we all just zip up and see the forum go to the wall? Just because one or two people know the new secretary, full back, tea lady?

I agree in part what you're saying, they should be given a chance, and massive credit to the new guy/secretary, who seems to have a heart like a lion and is taking on most parts of running the club including pulling on a shirt and actually playing in the friendly they were beaten 12-0 in. :cry:

But, how many chances do those hiding behind genuine people, get to run a once great club into the ground?

I don't think I have seen on this post one person "slagging" Durham City's players, committee, or anyone else who genuinely gives up their time.

Truth of it is when there is rot at the top of the tree its only a matter of time before the roots give way and for whatever the reason, this guy at the helm seems hell-bent on this farcical circus continuing, with one bad decision after another.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:08 pm 

Yes I think or tbh know the problem is in the back room of the club and yes I do know the secretary, I know what it’s like to lose your way as it happened to Birtley but we came back stronger. Just hope they do that’s all

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:01 pm 

CLS Utd reserves 5-1 Durham City. That’s a notional step 9 side, ripping Durham City a new one. I know pre-season is all about fitness and building a new squad after relegation. If this result is anything to go by, then it’s going to be another dreadful season for this ex-football league club.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:17 pm 
Site Admin

Windy1970 wrote:
. If this result is anything to go by, then it’s going to be another dreadful season for this ex-football league club.

Pedantry warning! The current Durham City were formed in 1950

The former Football League club folded in 1938.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:47 pm 

AllyGB wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
. If this result is anything to go by, then it’s going to be another dreadful season for this ex-football league club.

Is that years or time? Lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:58 am 

AllyGB wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Maybe thats why bernard bought them, he thought they were ex football league

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:54 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
bigcbeat1 wrote:

No matter what you think BB it "is" something people want to talk about, 27 pages alone verify that, should we all just zip up and see the forum go to the wall? Just because one or two people know the new secretary, full back, tea lady?

I agree in part what you're saying, they should be given a chance, and massive credit to the new guy/secretary, who seems to have a heart like a lion and is taking on most parts of running the club including pulling on a shirt and actually playing in the friendly they were beaten 12-0 in. :cry:

But, how many chances do those hiding behind genuine people, get to run a once great club into the ground?

I don't think I have seen on this post one person "slagging" Durham City's players, committee, or anyone else who genuinely gives up their time.

Truth of it is when there is rot at the top of the tree its only a matter of time before the roots give way and for whatever the reason, this guy at the helm seems hell-bent on this farcical circus continuing, with one bad decision after another.

EDIT...... The guy has now left the club, so Durham without a secretary again, he's done well to last as long as he did.............. Another one bites the dust

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:16 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:
bigcbeat1 wrote:

EDIT...... The guy has now left the club, so Durham without a secretary again, he's done well to last as long as he did.............. Another one bites the dust

No doubt someone else will step in

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:44 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:

"In the future, everyone will be Durham City secretary for 15 minutes." Andy Warhol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:39 pm 

johnna wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:

"In the future, everyone will be Durham City secretary for 15 minutes." Andy Warhol

Ha ha got a ring to it that

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:32 pm 

And now Willington citing them for unpaid rent, this is going to get nasty imo.

When is this going to end, owner with the money to pay this would rather see a good club in Willington who actually helped them survive, have to take to social media for what they are owed. :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:37 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
And now Willington citing them for unpaid rent, this is going to get nasty imo.

When is this going to end, owner with the money to pay this would rather see a good club in Willington who actually helped them survive, have to take to social media for what they are owed. :evil:

Just seen that still learning. My thoughts exactly that this will get out of hand. I heard it mentioned last season that they hadn't paid up but took it with a pinch of salt. I'm sorry like but the man who just about single handedly kept them going last year has now left and now this. I think the end is nigh. So what happens next have they paid for leyburn grove yet if so what happens to willingtons money. If they've said to leyburn grove can we pay you at half way then end of the season then surely once they see what's happened elsewhere there going to say balls to that. You can go along with poor results and having 180 signed on and only getting 12 out on match day but this is another level.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 34  Next