It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:19 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Harton and Westoe no more........
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:21 pm 

Hope it all works out in the new venture. Hats off to Kev Gibson and mal cooper and the many others who have been involved with the club over the years. One door shuts another one opens. All the best.

Post subject: Re: Harton and Westoe no more........
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:10 pm 

Statement Here - https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hartonwe ... 16396.html

Some Of The Statement Here -

"We can confirm that Harton & Westoe CW FC (formerly Simonside SC) have resigned from the Wearside League and will fold as a football club before the start of the 2019-20 season.

This decision hasn’t been taken lightly as the club was first formed in 1959 by the father of current club secretary Kevin Gibson, and has continually played in various local leagues every year since then, changing name to Harton & Westoe CW FC in 2012 to reflect the venue we played at.
This isn’t the end of the road for the management, players, and club officials however, as everyone involved with our side have been invited to and after careful consideration will be joining Boldon CA FC.

For many seasons now, Boldon CA FC Chairman Kevin Oliver has said we should join to make one very strong setup because many players have moved between our sides in recent seasons, and that we’d be stronger together rather than competing with and against each other."

Rest of The Statement is in the link above

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:16 am 

:shock: WHY ??

Best pitch in the league, seemed to have had a decent season and made a huge progression from last. Brought some good players and staff in.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:54 pm 

Does anyone know what the promotion situation is from the Development League? If zero clubs are relegated from the NL2. Plus West End promoted & H&W folding/merging. The Wearside League will drop down to 14 clubs. I assume Durham Utd will be promoted? From what I’ve been told 2 other clubs have step 7 facilities(Seaton Carew being one of those). Does anyone know if the league will cherry pick another club? Or whether they are allowed to do this now that the FA controls the constitutions(well for 1 more season anyway).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:25 am 

Still Learning. wrote:

Best pitch in the league, seemed to have had a decent season and made a huge progression from last. Brought some good players and staff in.

Mainly finances. Mr Thompson from South Shields FC is now on the board of directors at Harton Welfare. Welcome to SS FC new home for there academy and such teams. Money talks. From what I gathered the social club and place in general is on its knees financially. Like I said previous one door shuts another opens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:31 am 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:

Mainly finances. Mr Thompson from South Shields FC is now on the board of directors at Harton Welfare. Welcome to SS FC new home for there academy and such teams. Money talks. From what I gathered the social club and place in general is on its knees financially. Like I said previous one door shuts another opens.

Thanks for that, huge shame IMO a decent club being steamrolled or so it seems :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:43 pm 

Not so much steamrolled I think just meeting in the middle. I won't go into to much detail because I get lambasted by certain South Shields hangers on when I speak facts on here about them. Maybe it's because I'm one step ahead of them. Like I say finance played a part. Wonder who leaves the welfare next. Cricket I wonder.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:48 pm 

I haven’t been to Harton & Westoe for 7 or 8 years now.
The pitch and the clubhouse was a great facility, is it all still in good shape?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:08 pm 

Sea View wrote:
The pitch and the clubhouse was a great facility, is it all still in good shape?

The pitch isn't as good as it was but still is not bad. The clubhouse etc is still in decent shape I just don't think there's enough using it at the minute hence certain folk coming in to give the place a shot in the arm which it probably needs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:03 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Sea View wrote:

The pitch isn't as good as it was but still is not bad. The clubhouse etc is still in decent shape I just don't think there's enough using it at the minute hence certain folk coming in to give the place a shot in the arm which it probably needs.

Cheers mate.