It is currently Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Boost the budget..
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:37 am 

Out of interest, why do Bishops not allow alcohol outside the bar ? When we came a couple of years ago they had a great outside bar area , and even that was closed last season. I would have had a couple of pints watching the game, which would have put additional income into the Club. It also avoids the large que at half time.

From memory, they are the only Club I went last season that enforced this. I am sure its not a league or FA rule now (but understand it was in the past )

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:42 am 

Quote:
Wasn't a decent chunk of that 23k given to the NHS - failed to mention that didn't you Mr Fish 8)

Whilst a great gesture, Its easy for the club to donate other peoples money to charity. its not as if the club pulled it out of their own pocket
Actually it's not a gesture they had to put the work into sorting this out arranging etc
the anti bishop sniping is getting ridiculous

they asked for donations - Got them - Donated it to the NHS. its just giving other peoples money to the NHS. The club lost no money but managed to play it off as a fantastic act of generosity.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:02 pm 

Eastdurhamhopper wrote:
Quote:
Wasn't a decent chunk of that 23k given to the NHS - failed to mention that didn't you Mr Fish 8)

Whilst a great gesture, Its easy for the club to donate other peoples money to charity. its not as if the club pulled it out of their own pocket
Actually it's not a gesture they had to put the work into sorting this out arranging etc
the anti bishop sniping is getting ridiculous

they asked for donations - Got them - Donated it to the NHS. its just giving other peoples money to the NHS. The club lost no money but managed to play it off as a fantastic act of generosity.

Nope wrong. The club arranged many activities to help raise as much as possible I.e sporting challenges at the ground itself, raffles and many other things.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:05 pm 

Wack wrote:
Out of interest, why do Bishops not allow alcohol outside the bar ? When we came a couple of years ago they had a great outside bar area , and even that was closed last season. I would have had a couple of pints watching the game, which would have put additional income into the Club. It also avoids the large que at half time.

From memory, they are the only Club I went last season that enforced this. I am sure its not a league or FA rule now (but understand it was in the past )

Outside bar was open during the better weather months of the season I.e July - Oct

Plenty room to consume the alcohol at roped off area by side of pitch. Just not permitted to walk outside this area around rest of ground with alcohol.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:07 pm 

Whilst a great gesture, Its easy for the club to donate other peoples money to charity. its not as if the club pulled it out of their own pocket[/quote]
the anti bishop sniping is getting ridiculous[/quote]

It's OK, we have broad shoulders Ian 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:03 pm 

Mike M wrote:
Wack wrote:

Outside bar was open during the better weather months of the season I.e July - Oct

Plenty room to consume the alcohol at roped off area by side of pitch. Just not permitted to walk outside this area around rest of ground with alcohol.

Is there a reason you do this?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:19 pm 

Mike M wrote:
Wack wrote:

There was no roped off area when we played you. The only place for booze was the bar and the queue was a mile long so we didn't bother. If its a licence constraint then fine, but all other grounds get around it. I really enjoy a pint and some football, for me it adds to the afternoon.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:23 pm 

Ive been to a few national league north games where you can drink anywhere in the ground. So unsure why its restricted to certain areas in a northern league ground, missing out on alot of income if you ask me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:50 pm 

The no drinking outside rule was scrapped ages ago .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:24 pm 

Wack wrote:
Mike M wrote:
Wack wrote:

There was no roped off area when we played you. The only place for booze was the bar and the queue was a mile long so we didn't bother. If its a licence constraint then fine, but all other grounds get around it. I really enjoy a pint and some football, for me it adds to the afternoon.

No as it wasn't open wack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:25 pm 

england wrote:
Mike M wrote:
Wack wrote:

No idea, a club decision I guess. I'm quite happy able to get a pint in bar in main stand overlooking pitch before during or after the game....or when the weather is good at the outside bar.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:41 pm 

england wrote:
Mike M wrote:
Wack wrote:

No idea, a club decision I guess. I'm quite happy able to get a pint in bar in main stand overlooking pitch before during or after the game....or when the weather is good at the outside bar.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, was just wondering if there was a specific reason

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:21 pm 

bigcbeat1 wrote:
The no drinking outside rule was scrapped ages ago .

It was never in place at grounds outside the region below the 5th tier. Could go to yorkshire for vase and fa cup games and have a pint outside years ago. I think its about time you are allowed a pint at any football stadium. Seems ok for large stadiums to serve booze when bands and other sports are on

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:05 pm 

el Queso Grande wrote:
bigcbeat1 wrote:
Whoever does the Bishop Social Media is blocking anyone with a negative opinion on their boost the budget page .
So much for opinions eh.
Perhaps their time could be better spent correcting their own spelling mistakes?
In this tweet, they offer seat tickets which are AVILABLE on a first come first SEVERED basis, although they do spell served correctly in the graphic :mrgreen:

https://twitter.com/bishopafc/status/15 ... 4160581632

This earned me a blocking because I jokingly replied saying "I bet these cost an arm and a leg too". Some people simply have no sense of humour :lol: :lol: :lol:

Facebook: @BirtleyTownFC
Twitter: @BirtleyTFC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:26 pm 

Mike M wrote:
Markfish wrote:
The Bishops did something similar a few seasons ago and wasted a massive % of the 23k they raised on a industrial size freezer, they didn't post anything about that on socials. They've done the ground out (outside bar and shelter) yet fans aren't able to take drinks into stands and to prevent this they are allegedly paying for door staff who stand and do nothing. That club micky money away.

If I wanted to doante to the NHS I'd ring hmrc and demand they change my tax code

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next