It is currently Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Boost the budget..
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:05 am 

Bishops the latest to do a "Boost the budget" appeal.

Quote "Whilst we are making huge efforts off the pitch, we are hoping our loyal supporters & followers will help Chris & his team on the pitch, by contributing to our Boost the Budget campaign".

What are people's thoughts about this form of paying the wages, Bish have made some quite high-profile signings already is this to supplement them or bring in more?
I wonder if the likes of Mike M and Mutt would be contributing and their thoughts on this.

Post subject: Re: Boost the budget..
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:04 pm 

At least they are being upfront and honest about it unlike some clubs.

That said if this is now required perhaps paying out transfer fees and big money contracts was not the most fiscally sensible policy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:01 pm 

Its not the most sustainable model but it can help in the short term i'm sure.

If people do want to donate then fair play, at least Bishops are being open about why they need the money

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:48 pm 

I totally agree with those sentiments lads, supporters will know where there money is going and good on Bishops for being so translucent, but it still doesn't sit easy with me, signing big names that are warranting big wages and fees, then asking for a boost the budget, I may be wrong but that wouldn't fill me full of confidence as to the future, ie. lets spend everyones money, make a real push, if it doesn't work out, its not our money and we will just have to get shot of them. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:38 pm 

Honest and transparent it may be, but they should still be told to bolt.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:45 pm 

I wonder if any other clubs follow suit, lets's be honest if this pays off significantly, it gives Bishops a hell of an advantage this season, :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:48 pm 

Id say many clubs have fans who contribute directly to player expenses.

Just seems very odd to happen shortly before the start of the season on the back of some very high profile and high wage signings.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:49 pm 

Giving 2 year contracts to some average players and then asking supporters to contribute more is crazy

Let the directors put in the extra investment because they have picked the manager not the supporters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:06 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
Bishops the latest to do a "Boost the budget" appeal.

Quote "Whilst we are making huge efforts off the pitch, we are hoping our loyal supporters & followers will help Chris & his team on the pitch, by contributing to our Boost the Budget campaign".

What are people's thoughts about this form of paying the wages, Bish have made some quite high-profile signings already is this to supplement them or bring in more?
I wonder if the likes of Mike M and Mutt would be contributing and their thoughts on this.

Talking to friend about this today as it doesn't look like much will be made anyway.as far as I can gather this is to add to our existing budget and as a Bishop supporter you can't be anything but for that.however it does appear miss timed on the back of some of our recent signings.you will get some fans that donate into anything and for that you can only applaude those people,however there's also a section of our support who won't donate if it doesn't involve a shirt,scarf or a session,yet demand a quality team

As for me personally,then no I won't be donating.firstly as I've just said it seems a bit mis timed but most importantly I just can't.money is a bit tight stretched at the moment.by no means skint but off to Copenhagen later in year for a concert,then next year Budapest for the world athletics championships and the year after Paris Olympics so hoping most of my spare cash saving for all that so donating into a pot for players wages is just a no go for me at the minute

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:13 pm 

As for how I feel about boost the budget in principle?if you have fans willing to donate then surely its a good thing.can help clubs with bigger crowds compete against clubs with no crowds who are completely bankrolled.darlo are a perfect example of this.what they raise this year 130 grand ish,must of raised about three quarters of a million since it started a few years ago.difference between relegation and flirting with play offs year after year

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:17 pm 

I agree with what you say mutt particulary about Darlington but there fans own the club. I would not be willing to put money into any club where the fans did not at least own part of the club. Not saying there anything dodgy at bishop but could also see fans reluctant to put money into a club as it could disappear into a black hole

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:27 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
I agree with what you say mutt particulary about Darlington but there fans own the club. I would not be willing to put money into any club where the fans did not at least own part of the club. Not saying there anything dodgy at bishop but could also see fans reluctant to put money into a club as it could disappear into a black hole

Oh it could happen,won't with our lot though mate appear to be clean as a whistle in that sense.and as some put their own money in to help the team why can't supporters make it even stronger.at leat then its a collective and supporters can say well we've put money were our mouths are

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:36 pm 

mut2011 wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

Oh it could happen,won't with our lot though mate appear to be clean as a whistle in that sense.and as some put their own money in to help the team why can't supporters make it even stronger.at leat then its a collective and supporters can say well we've put money were our mouths are

Oh yeah never heard out dodgy going on at bishop but im sure some could be wary with other clubs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:54 pm 

No question of that mate.plenty of clubs ran by cowboys.have to say I think a trick may of been missed here.so the club want to raise 20grand.thats a canny chunk of change to raise in short period of time.but had they of done it the darlo way,say start end of April until end of June or July and given people a direct debit option for 12 months,how many would then chuck a tenner or twenty quid a month in.thats a fiver a week each for an extra top player or 2.would it be out of the question with a support like ours,also with our supporters club to get 100 people to do that?I'd also feel that that 20 quid a month would be much more valuable than if I hoyed in 20 quid tonight.that suggestion,if you can get the people involved would raise between 10 and 26 grand a year on the numbers ive mentioned.obviously some will put in more,some less.however better team should mean bigger crowds,bigger crowds should mean more budget from the club and more boost the budget potential.just a thought

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:56 pm 

Just a thought going forward should the club aim to do this in future years