It is currently Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:08 pm
Posts: 1078
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
Mr T-side wrote:
Its 29 miles from their base to NFP.

Its still pretty stupid mind. Just hop3 they have plans under way to return to the Boro.

They will have no chance of developing a core local support until they do. I am happy to be corrected but do BR have a following who will turn up at Durham or is it goning to be a hand full of away fans and groundhoppers?


When we played them in the NRSC earlier this year, they had quite a healthy following, however that was a one off Cup Game (which they won and looked good value) , although I felt quite a few of the support were friends with the players etc

Are they trying to establish a Rangers fan base a bit like Celtic Nation did , or am I way off the mark ?

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:06 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:56 pm
Posts: 322
Location: Billingham
Wack wrote:
Are they trying to establish a Rangers fan base a bit like Celtic Nation did , or am I way off the mark ?


I don't think so. Boro Rangers have been about quite a lot of years now with a large amount of junior teams. I might be wrong but I'm pretty certain they started out as a junior club and the adult team has folllowed more recently.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:59 pm
Posts: 153
Location: TS17
Given the name and badge i would guess its Middlesbrough who are the inspiration behind it.

Middlesbrough would be a superb breeding ground for a new NL club.

_________________
Thornaby FC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:35 pm
Posts: 763
Wearside running with 17 teams this season Gateshead leam are in process of a legal complaint to Fa about CLS as they didn’t have there planning for lights in place by 31st March and northern league didn’t check this if they win Wearside will run with 16 and LR will be promoted


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:25 pm
Posts: 1519
Windy1970 wrote:
Wearside running with 17 teams this season Gateshead leam are in process of a legal complaint to Fa about CLS as they didn’t have there planning for lights in place by 31st March and northern league didn’t check this if they win Wearside will run with 16 and LR will be promoted

Seems a bit late on for appeals now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:56 pm
Posts: 27
Windy1970 wrote:
Wearside running with 17 teams this season Gateshead leam are in process of a legal complaint to Fa about CLS as they didn’t have there planning for lights in place by 31st March and northern league didn’t check this if they win Wearside will run with 16 and LR will be promoted


I would have no complaints. Division Two looks a lot better with an even number of teams in it, but time is getting on a bit now though...

_________________
WE ARE SYNTHONIA #UTS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:25 pm
Posts: 1519
Jaywoff wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Wearside running with 17 teams this season Gateshead leam are in process of a legal complaint to Fa about CLS as they didn’t have there planning for lights in place by 31st March and northern league didn’t check this if they win Wearside will run with 16 and LR will be promoted


I would have no complaints. Division Two looks a lot better with an even number of teams in it, but time is getting on a bit now though...

Agm has been and gone and fixtures been released, surely a bit late now for a appeal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:49 am
Posts: 201
Probably is late for an appeal, but if they can prove that the process wasn’t followed correctly, it’s hard to reject it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:54 pm
Posts: 1151
Location: Casa de Queso
Si_kirk wrote:
Agm has been and gone and fixtures been released, surely a bit late now for a appeal
I believe that Boldon CA won their appeal on July 9th, last year. So still time.

_________________
The Senility Prayer:
God grant me the senility to forget the people
I never liked anyway,
The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:35 pm
Posts: 763
I’ve made a slight error, LR haven’t appealed they’ve gone to arbitration. They weren’t allowed to appeal, only clubs that are promoted, relegated or laterally transferred can appeal. CLS Utd still doesn’t have planning permission to erect floodlights.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:25 pm
Posts: 1519
Windy1970 wrote:
I’ve made a slight error, LR haven’t appealed they’ve gone to arbitration. They weren’t allowed to appeal, only clubs that are promoted, relegated or laterally transferred can appeal. CLS Utd still doesn’t have planning permission to erect floodlights.

A bit risky with them been allowed in league with no lights let alone planning permission. Anyone been to there stadium, presume works must be well under way, season starts soon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:33 pm
Posts: 5
Si_kirk wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
I’ve made a slight error, LR haven’t appealed they’ve gone to arbitration. They weren’t allowed to appeal, only clubs that are promoted, relegated or laterally transferred can appeal. CLS Utd still doesn’t have planning permission to erect floodlights.

A bit risky with them been allowed in league with no lights let alone planning permission. Anyone been to there stadium, presume works must be well under way, season starts soon


I would assume that if planning permission has not been granted then the installation cannot start. In fact when applying for funding one of the main guarantees is that planning permission has been granted, pointless allotting funding if they haven't secured the planning permission. It would appear that there may be more to this than meets the eye.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:54 pm
Posts: 479
Another stinker. The league have basically promoted a team that doesn't meet the criteria. In the past they've knocked back clubs because there Perspex was 20mil to small in a pay booth yet here's a club who are nowhere near sorted with there floodlights and they get promoted. Horrendous crack.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:35 pm
Posts: 763
Heshootshescores wrote:
Another stinker. The league have basically promoted a team that doesn't meet the criteria. In the past they've knocked back clubs because there Perspex was 20mil to small in a pay booth yet here's a club who are nowhere near sorted with there floodlights and they get promoted. Horrendous crack.

It’s not the NL that promotes them. It’s the FA and the NL only passes on their inspection and findings to the FA. My understanding is that the NL told LR about the situation and this led to the arbitration.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boro Rangers, Prudhoe and CLS United promoted
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:54 pm
Posts: 479
Windy1970 wrote:
Heshootshescores wrote:
Another stinker. The league have basically promoted a team that doesn't meet the criteria. In the past they've knocked back clubs because there Perspex was 20mil to small in a pay booth yet here's a club who are nowhere near sorted with there floodlights and they get promoted. Horrendous crack.

It’s not the NL that promotes them. It’s the FA and the NL only passes on their inspection and findings to the FA. My understanding is that the NL told LR about the situation and this led to the arbitration.

Exactly. So the Northern league have went out and inspected and ticked all the relevant boxes at Chester le street united and passed it on to the FA. To me they've ticked a box or boxes that shouldn't have been ticked.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group