Switch to full style
100% Unofficial
Forum rules
Post a reply

Re: Washington’s new ground

Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:31 am

[quote="Si_kirk"]If boro rangers are so good then why no northern league standard ground in there area, wheel off somewhere. League should have a rule where clubs have to play no more than ten mile from there traditional base. Who would they be playing in front of at new ferens park which itself is a bliddy dump these days[/quote]

What has being "good" got to do with having a NL standard ground in their area, thats not their fault?
I'm good at eating cream cakes but I dont have a cream cake factory in my area :lol: :lol:

Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:16 am

Still Learning. wrote:[quote="Si_kirk"]If boro rangers are so good then why no northern league standard ground in there area, wheel off somewhere. League should have a rule where clubs have to play no more than ten mile from there traditional base. Who would they be playing in front of at new ferens park which itself is a bliddy dump these days

What has being "good" got to do with having a NL standard ground in their area, thats not their fault?
I'm good at eating cream cakes but I dont have a cream cake factory in my area :lol: :lol:[/quote]
So a team can be successful by playing miles from home, not many of them about is there, playing in front of sod all fans will hardly help things on the pitch. Practically Every other club entering the northern league has developed a ground in there own town, stockton would have hardly been successful entering the league playing in say newcastle. Anyone remember hartlepool town, one of the few clubs entering the league playing out of town from day one, they never lasted long did they

Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:25 am

Si_kirk wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:[quote="Si_kirk"]If boro rangers are so good then why no northern league standard ground in there area, wheel off somewhere. League should have a rule where clubs have to play no more than ten mile from there traditional base. Who would they be playing in front of at new ferens park which itself is a bliddy dump these days

I'm good at eating cream cakes but I dont have a cream cake factory in my area :lol: :lol:

So a team can be successful by playing miles from home, not many of them about is there, playing in front of sod all fans will hardly help things on the pitch. Practically Every other club entering the northern league has developed a ground in there own town, stockton would have hardly been successful entering the league playing in say newcastle. Anyone remember hartlepool town, one of the few clubs entering the league playing out of town from day one, they never lasted long did they[/quote]

As far as I'm concerned teams that consistently win things at a previous level and are an established club, doing things the right way, throughout the club deserve a chance to be promoted.

I'm sure they will have done their due diligence and feel financial, and playing-wise they can cope with the travel. Look at how many other teams have, or are doing this and are now flourishing.

And lets not forget the most important thing, "THEY ARE FOLLOWING LEAGUE RULES" :wink:

Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:27 am

Still Learning. wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

So a team can be successful by playing miles from home, not many of them about is there, playing in front of sod all fans will hardly help things on the pitch. Practically Every other club entering the northern league has developed a ground in there own town, stockton would have hardly been successful entering the league playing in say newcastle. Anyone remember hartlepool town, one of the few clubs entering the league playing out of town from day one, they never lasted long did they

As far as I'm concerned teams that consistently win things at a previous level and are an established club, doing things the right way, throughout the club deserve a chance to be promoted.

I'm sure they will have done their due diligence and feel financial, and playing-wise they can cope with the travel. Look at how many other teams have, or are doing this and are now flourishing.

And lets not forget the most important thing, "THEY ARE FOLLOWING LEAGUE RULES" :wink:[/quote]
Name a team doing well in the northern league now or in the past playing miles away from home

Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:01 pm

[quote
Name a team doing well in the northern league now or in the past playing miles away from home[/quote]

South Shields

Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:17 pm

sheds wrote:[quote
Name a team doing well in the northern league now or in the past playing miles away from home

South Shields[/quote]

Yip. an awful period traveling and playing at Peterlee, basically, kept them alive to prosper as they have now, albeit now moved up from the NL and there's many others.
Sometimes clubs just need a bit of time, a little leeway and basic common sense.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:24 pm

South Shields[/quote]
South shields entered the league in the town and played there for many year, they were only at peterlee for 2 seasons. Im more on about the likes of hartlepool town who entered the league with no ground on town or plans to get one

Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:32 pm

Si_kirk wrote:

South Shields

South shields entered the league in the town and played there for many year, they were only at peterlee for 2 seasons. Im more on about the likes of hartlepool town who entered the league with no ground on town or plans to get one[/quote]

I was at Hartlepool Town and we actually did have plans to get a ground within the town but it all fell away........and playing at Dean Bank ( Ferryhill Athletic ) wasn't the greatest option.

Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:48 pm

Sir Rodney Effing wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

South Shields

South shields entered the league in the town and played there for many year, they were only at peterlee for 2 seasons. Im more on about the likes of hartlepool town who entered the league with no ground on town or plans to get one

I was at Hartlepool Town and we actually did have plans to get a ground within the town but it all fell away........and playing at Dean Bank ( Ferryhill Athletic ) wasn't the greatest option.[/quote]
Maybe you can shed more light on what happened, seems a age ago now, would they have stayed in the league had there plans for a new ground come off? How on earth were they ever allowed to play at ferryhill as they had not played there before entering the league

Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:26 pm

Still Learning. wrote:

South Shields

Yip. an awful period traveling and playing at Peterlee, basically, kept them alive to prosper as they have now, albeit now moved up from the NL and there's many others.
Sometimes clubs just need a bit of time, a little leeway and basic common sense.[/quote]
And a millionaire banging on your door asking how much you need.

Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:13 pm

Washington FC quoted a tweeted a pictures of their new ground from Football Architect's (@FootieArchitect) twitter account, looking good!

https://twitter.com/washyfc/status/1513521799853658124

Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:31 pm

Spennyfan_Chris wrote:Washington FC quoted a tweeted a pictures of their new ground from Football Architect's (@FootieArchitect) twitter account, looking good!

https://twitter.com/washyfc/status/1513521799853658124

Pleased for them, hope they stay up

Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:52 pm

When Gary and Lee (and others) took over Washington, lots of people were critical and I said they were good people who would try to do the right thing.

I think we can now all see that they are systematically trying to build a club progressively and sensibly.

There are comments here on Albany Park which are unfair. At one point that was a top venue until Camerons Brewery began to be a drain.

Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:19 am

johnna wrote:When Gary and Lee (and others) took over Washington, lots of people were critical and I said they were good people who would try to do the right thing.

I think we can now all see that they are systematically trying to build a club progressively and sensibly.

There are comments here on Albany Park which are unfair. At one point that was a top venue until Camerons Brewery began to be a drain.

Albany park was awful, at least in its later days. Club house was massive but looked really shabby

Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:38 pm

South Shields[/quote]
Newcastle University are doing ok
Post a reply