It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Washington’s new ground
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:43 pm 

Washington have tweeted that they are developing their new ground. Or at least Sports Ground Development are developing their ground. It’s been a long time coming, so good luck to them. I was speaking a NWCL official last week and the briefings leagues have had from the FA, is to expect very few relegations from step 6. He told me that they are only expecting the bottom placed clubs to be relegated. So Washy might just get some leeway this season and hopefully they’ll be able to grace the NL with their new ground.

Post subject: Re: Washington’s new ground
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:32 pm 

Best of luck to them, last ground in the town was a dump and sadly they been ground sharing since which has clearly impacted them on the field so hopefully they stay up. Surely 2 have to go down form northern league, especially with the league having 42 teams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:28 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Best of luck to them, last ground in the town was a dump and sadly they been ground sharing since which has clearly impacted them on the field so hopefully they stay up. Surely 2 have to go down form northern league, especially with the league having 42 teams

There’s only 41 clubs in the 2 NL’s. In NL1 I believe 2 will be promoted and 1 relegated, they will be replaced by 1 relegated from step 4(probably Pickering Town) and 2 promoted from NL2.
In NL2, 2 clubs promoted and 1 relegated will reduce the league down to 18. With 1 being relegated from the NL1, this then increases it up to 19. So depending on how many of the 3 feeder leagues promote teams, will affect the number of extra relegations or lateral transfers. According to the FA(which can sometimes be taken with a pinch of salt), 2nd and 3rd bottom teams will be relegated on a ppg basis across step 6. I’ve never seen them stick to this, but there’s always the first chance. Personally I think Grangetown will just miss out on completing their ground development and New Ferens Park issues might scupper Boro Rangers(who ironically have been playing out of their old ground in the past few games). So I’d punt on Carlisle City or Penrith(if relegated) being laterally transferred to the NWCL1N. Which would mean only 1 club will be relegated or demoted and that’ll be either Durham City or Billingham Synthonia. With 2 teams coming up from the NA and WL.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:59 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

There’s only 41 clubs in the 2 NL’s. In NL1 I believe 2 will be promoted and 1 relegated, they will be replaced by 1 relegated from step 4(probably Pickering Town) and 2 promoted from NL2.
In NL2, 2 clubs promoted and 1 relegated will reduce the league down to 18. With 1 being relegated from the NL1, this then increases it up to 19. So depending on how many of the 3 feeder leagues promote teams, will affect the number of extra relegations or lateral transfers. According to the FA(which can sometimes be taken with a pinch of salt), 2nd and 3rd bottom teams will be relegated on a ppg basis across step 6. I’ve never seen them stick to this, but there’s always the first chance. Personally I think Grangetown will just miss out on completing their ground development and New Ferens Park issues might scupper Boro Rangers(who ironically have been playing out of their old ground in the past few games). So I’d punt on Carlisle City or Penrith(if relegated) being laterally transferred to the NWCL1N. Which would mean only 1 club will be relegated or demoted and that’ll be either Durham City or Billingham Synthonia. With 2 teams coming up from the NA and WL.

Never know durham might get a reprieve again, like a cat for 9 lives. As for whos relegated, god knows with the fa. I guess washington need to keep getting points on board to ensure safety, hopefully start of better times of they stay up

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:30 am 

Durham staying up at Synthonia's expense would certainly be the end of season twist no one would have expected.

Perhaps this is part of Bernards master plan?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:47 am 

Mr T-side wrote:
Durham staying up at Synthonia's expense would certainly be the end of season twist no one would have expected.

Never thought of that. Just imagine also if durham stay up as they have a secure ground share for next season and synners get demoted and durham fold at start of next season once the circus reaches the end of the line. Anyway its not bernard running the club anymore its them in australia aint it ha ha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:53 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Mr T-side wrote:

anymore its them in australia aint it ha ha

Aye Mick Dundee and Dame Edna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:00 am 

Mr T-side wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
Mr T-side wrote:

anymore its them in australia aint it ha ha

Aye Mick Dundee and Dame Edna

Then two could probably do a better job

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:45 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

In NL2, 2 clubs promoted and 1 relegated will reduce the league down to 18. With 1 being relegated from the NL1, this then increases it up to 19. So depending on how many of the 3 feeder leagues promote teams, will affect the number of extra relegations or lateral transfers. According to the FA(which can sometimes be taken with a pinch of salt), 2nd and 3rd bottom teams will be relegated on a ppg basis across step 6. I’ve never seen them stick to this, but there’s always the first chance. Personally I think Grangetown will just miss out on completing their ground development and New Ferens Park issues might scupper Boro Rangers(who ironically have been playing out of their old ground in the past few games). So I’d punt on Carlisle City or Penrith(if relegated) being laterally transferred to the NWCL1N. Which would mean only 1 club will be relegated or demoted and that’ll be either Durham City or Billingham Synthonia. With 2 teams coming up from the NA and WL.[/quote

Windy is it correct that all clubs must have their nominated ground for next season into the leagues by 31st March? Also if Boro Rangers have started playing back a their base surly that scuppers them for promotion as I thought clubs must play 1 full season at the ground they nominate as their home ground .
I spoke with a guy on Saturday who was saying Durham won’t be at Willington next year and are hopeful of returning to New Ferens Park . That might explain why Boro Rangers have been playing back in Boro.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:24 pm 

bigcbeat1 wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

In NL2, 2 clubs promoted and 1 relegated will reduce the league down to 18. With 1 being relegated from the NL1, this then increases it up to 19. So depending on how many of the 3 feeder leagues promote teams, will affect the number of extra relegations or lateral transfers. According to the FA(which can sometimes be taken with a pinch of salt), 2nd and 3rd bottom teams will be relegated on a ppg basis across step 6. I’ve never seen them stick to this, but there’s always the first chance. Personally I think Grangetown will just miss out on completing their ground development and New Ferens Park issues might scupper Boro Rangers(who ironically have been playing out of their old ground in the past few games). So I’d punt on Carlisle City or Penrith(if relegated) being laterally transferred to the NWCL1N. Which would mean only 1 club will be relegated or demoted and that’ll be either Durham City or Billingham Synthonia. With 2 teams coming up from the NA and WL.[/quote

Windy is it correct that all clubs must have their nominated ground for next season into the leagues by 31st March? Also if Boro Rangers have started playing back a their base surly that scuppers them for promotion as I thought clubs must play 1 full season at the ground they nominate as their home ground .
I spoke with a guy on Saturday who was saying Durham won’t be at Willington next year and are hopeful of returning to New Ferens Park . That might explain why Boro Rangers have been playing back in Boro.

Like I’ve mentioned on another thread, current clubs are looked after before than aspiring clubs. I’ve seen clubs saved from demotion the day before AGM’s, after a last minute Groundshare. I guess it all depends if there’s something in the pipeline and the contracts can only be signed after a certain date.
I was told that the owners of NFP won’t upgrade their floodlights until a team is offered promotion. I’m sure NL board members will be very wary of any guarantees offered by the grounds owners, but they can only pass their findings to the FA & let them make the decisions. Will Boro Rangers be promoted or deserve to be promoted this season? I’ll leave my personal opinions to myself, because I know how much it means to Mark Curtis. I really hope they can eventually get a ground in the Middlesbrough area though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:14 pm 

I bliddy hope boro rangers dont get promoted, a club that would bring nothing to the league

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:08 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
I bliddy hope boro rangers dont get promoted, a club that would bring nothing to the league

Why would they bring nothing to the league Kirky?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:16 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

Unless they get a ground in there own Area it would be a team playing in front of away fans, ground hoppers and neutrals

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:47 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

Unless they get a ground in there own Area it would be a team playing in front of away fans, ground hoppers and neutrals

I get your point but that doesn't mean they won't bring anything to the league if they do get promoted it will be because they have earned it game-wise and to be honest for many years they have been one of the top sides at their level and have already taken quite a few Northern League scalps along the way.

A well ran club with a superb youth system, who have won honors in their current league for many years deserve a chance in my opinion, even if, there isn't a suitable ground in their area, that really isn't their fault. There are reasons they cant develop their current home.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:10 am 

If boro rangers are so good then why no northern league standard ground in there area, wheel off somewhere. League should have a rule where clubs have to play no more than ten mile from there traditional base. Who would they be playing in front of at new ferens park which itself is a bliddy dump these days