All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: League fixtures postponed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

Wack wrote:
Neil M wrote:
I didn't understand the desperation from some people to resume football in the middle of a pandemic, and I don't understand the desperation to complete the season during the pandemic now.

Everyone is going to have different opinions on what is safe and whats not, you know my opinion regards restarting the league in November without Clubhouses, I was all for it, however all the Clubs voted and it was decided against , that's a democratic way and how it should be. Im guessing you wernt suited that your own Club arranged a friendly between Xmas and New Year, albeit not going ahead ?

Bit of a straw man argument to my point but I'll bite. I'm no longer involved in the club other than as a supporter and member, however I'd assume a one off friendly wouldn't incur player expenses, and officials fees would be nominal. How it can be compared to restarting a full season I'm not quite sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:09 pm 

Neil M wrote:
Wack wrote:
Neil M wrote:
I didn't understand the desperation from some people to resume football in the middle of a pandemic, and I don't understand the desperation to complete the season during the pandemic now.

Everyone is going to have different opinions on what is safe and whats not, you know my opinion regards restarting the league in November without Clubhouses, I was all for it, however all the Clubs voted and it was decided against , that's a democratic way and how it should be. Im guessing you wernt suited that your own Club arranged a friendly between Xmas and New Year, albeit not going ahead ?

Bit of a straw man argument to my point but I'll bite. I'm no longer involved in the club other than as a supporter and member, however I'd assume a one off friendly wouldn't incur player expenses, and officials fees would be nominal. How it can be compared to restarting a full season I'm not quite sure.

Fair point Neil, I guess the Club has gone through a turbulent time lately with the issues around the former Manager, however Im delighted they have sorted the electrics, and the future must look bright. Billingham Town is one of my favourite Clubs (apart form when you stuffed us 0-4 in the FA Cup this season :D . All the best

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:17 pm 

Step 3 seem to want to null and void it, seems premature to me. Could understand the logic more if these current restrictions are still in place in march
https://www.thenpl.co.uk/statement-foll ... down-64922

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

Wack wrote:
Fair point Neil, I guess the Club has gone through a turbulent time lately with the issues around the former Manager, however Im delighted they have sorted the electrics, and the future must look bright. Billingham Town is one of my favourite Clubs (apart form when you stuffed us 0-4 in the FA Cup this season :D . All the best

Badum tsch! Without trying to make this sound like a love in, Northallerton is up there as one of the best grounds and a favourite trip for Town fans. Can't beat grounds with decent terracing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:53 pm 

So 2 scrapped seasons instead of just completing 1?this always had potential.fa not fit for purpose like and it's them that should be scrapped

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:36 pm 

Latest is the FA have asked clubs to complete a survey as to how they want to move forward.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:06 pm 

Heres a thought, the fa can cancel the season but not make clubs efforts on and off the field worthless by going ahead with the restructing which was step 6 gaining 4 new clubs and this new step 4 up north. No one would be relegated obviously and promotions could be decided by a mini tournament in say july, a bit like the euros with things in the nl, ncel and nwcl been slightly different as 3 from each league would go up. As for northern league feeder leagues, just pick the clubs that want promotion and whose grounds meet the grade. If several apply again have a mini tournament

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:39 pm 

Yet the EPL love in continues AND they want players to have the vaccine before the people that really need it! They might think twice about carrying on with the season if a "megastar" were to become seriously ill.

My opinion - ALL football cancelled this season.

:evil:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:31 am 

Noeldinho wrote:
Yet the EPL love in continues AND they want players to have the vaccine before the people that really need it! They might think twice about carrying on with the season if a "megastar" were to become seriously ill.

My opinion - ALL football cancelled this season.

:evil:

Have to agree . I honestly can’t see any other outcome now the FA have said no extension into June . Best to call it now if this is going to happen and not wait until March . It’s a shame considering the steps clubs have taken to keep people safe but it is what it is . Let’s hope if it is another lost season the clubs get some financial support from the vast reserves held by the premier league and FA .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:09 am 

Its clear now that there will be no return to football in March. April is the earliest for a possible resumption - I say play out the cups in April and May, at least that salvages something from 2020-21 season and gives some long awaited income/interest for clubs, fans and players. Start season 2021-22 afresh in early August, with a full pre season in July.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:12 pm 

Micky the Rodent wrote:
Its clear now that there will be no return to football in March. April is the earliest for a possible resumption - I say play out the cups in April and May, at least that salvages something from 2020-21 season and gives some long awaited income/interest for clubs, fans and players. Start season 2021-22 afresh in early August, with a full pre season in July.

I think even that is optimistic. Given the forecast is that everyone who wants a vaccine will have had it by end of May, I could see a situation where the govt decide to not allow it to restart until that milestone is met.