It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:23 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: League fixtures postponed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:39 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 274
Location: Billingham
Wack wrote:
Neil M wrote:
I didn't understand the desperation from some people to resume football in the middle of a pandemic, and I don't understand the desperation to complete the season during the pandemic now.


Everyone is going to have different opinions on what is safe and whats not, you know my opinion regards restarting the league in November without Clubhouses, I was all for it, however all the Clubs voted and it was decided against , that's a democratic way and how it should be. Im guessing you wernt suited that your own Club arranged a friendly between Xmas and New Year, albeit not going ahead ?

Bit of a straw man argument to my point but I'll bite. I'm no longer involved in the club other than as a supporter and member, however I'd assume a one off friendly wouldn't incur player expenses, and officials fees would be nominal. How it can be compared to restarting a full season I'm not quite sure.

_________________
www.billinghamtownfc.net
www.twitter.com/BillinghamTown
www.facebook.com/BillinghamTownFootballClub/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League fixtures postponed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 1009
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
Neil M wrote:
Wack wrote:
Neil M wrote:
I didn't understand the desperation from some people to resume football in the middle of a pandemic, and I don't understand the desperation to complete the season during the pandemic now.


Everyone is going to have different opinions on what is safe and whats not, you know my opinion regards restarting the league in November without Clubhouses, I was all for it, however all the Clubs voted and it was decided against , that's a democratic way and how it should be. Im guessing you wernt suited that your own Club arranged a friendly between Xmas and New Year, albeit not going ahead ?

Bit of a straw man argument to my point but I'll bite. I'm no longer involved in the club other than as a supporter and member, however I'd assume a one off friendly wouldn't incur player expenses, and officials fees would be nominal. How it can be compared to restarting a full season I'm not quite sure.


Fair point Neil, I guess the Club has gone through a turbulent time lately with the issues around the former Manager, however Im delighted they have sorted the electrics, and the future must look bright. Billingham Town is one of my favourite Clubs (apart form when you stuffed us 0-4 in the FA Cup this season :D . All the best

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League fixtures postponed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm
Posts: 782
Step 3 seem to want to null and void it, seems premature to me. Could understand the logic more if these current restrictions are still in place in march
https://www.thenpl.co.uk/statement-foll ... down-64922


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League fixtures postponed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:56 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 274
Location: Billingham
Wack wrote:
Fair point Neil, I guess the Club has gone through a turbulent time lately with the issues around the former Manager, however Im delighted they have sorted the electrics, and the future must look bright. Billingham Town is one of my favourite Clubs (apart form when you stuffed us 0-4 in the FA Cup this season :D . All the best


Badum tsch! Without trying to make this sound like a love in, Northallerton is up there as one of the best grounds and a favourite trip for Town fans. Can't beat grounds with decent terracing.

_________________
www.billinghamtownfc.net
www.twitter.com/BillinghamTown
www.facebook.com/BillinghamTownFootballClub/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League fixtures postponed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 45
So 2 scrapped seasons instead of just completing 1?this always had potential.fa not fit for purpose like and it's them that should be scrapped


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League fixtures postponed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 196
Latest is the FA have asked clubs to complete a survey as to how they want to move forward.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League fixtures postponed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm
Posts: 782
Heres a thought, the fa can cancel the season but not make clubs efforts on and off the field worthless by going ahead with the restructing which was step 6 gaining 4 new clubs and this new step 4 up north. No one would be relegated obviously and promotions could be decided by a mini tournament in say july, a bit like the euros with things in the nl, ncel and nwcl been slightly different as 3 from each league would go up. As for northern league feeder leagues, just pick the clubs that want promotion and whose grounds meet the grade. If several apply again have a mini tournament


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League fixtures postponed
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:12 pm
Posts: 499
Yet the EPL love in continues AND they want players to have the vaccine before the people that really need it! They might think twice about carrying on with the season if a "megastar" were to become seriously ill.

My opinion - ALL football cancelled this season.

:evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League fixtures postponed
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 591
Noeldinho wrote:
Yet the EPL love in continues AND they want players to have the vaccine before the people that really need it! They might think twice about carrying on with the season if a "megastar" were to become seriously ill.

My opinion - ALL football cancelled this season.

:evil:

Have to agree . I honestly can’t see any other outcome now the FA have said no extension into June . Best to call it now if this is going to happen and not wait until March . It’s a shame considering the steps clubs have taken to keep people safe but it is what it is . Let’s hope if it is another lost season the clubs get some financial support from the vast reserves held by the premier league and FA .

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
No I in Team
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League fixtures postponed
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:42 pm
Posts: 371
Location: Nibbling cheese
Its clear now that there will be no return to football in March. April is the earliest for a possible resumption - I say play out the cups in April and May, at least that salvages something from 2020-21 season and gives some long awaited income/interest for clubs, fans and players. Start season 2021-22 afresh in early August, with a full pre season in July.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: League fixtures postponed
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:34 pm
Posts: 61
Micky the Rodent wrote:
Its clear now that there will be no return to football in March. April is the earliest for a possible resumption - I say play out the cups in April and May, at least that salvages something from 2020-21 season and gives some long awaited income/interest for clubs, fans and players. Start season 2021-22 afresh in early August, with a full pre season in July.


I think even that is optimistic. Given the forecast is that everyone who wants a vaccine will have had it by end of May, I could see a situation where the govt decide to not allow it to restart until that milestone is met.

_________________
Secretary - Heaton Stannington FC
https://heatonstan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group