It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: League fixtures postponed
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:44 am 

Maybe it’s just me but I would have thought players would have helped out the clubs by not taking wages while they can’t play.
Or am I being naive?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:53 am 

Sea View wrote:
Maybe it’s just me but I would have thought players would have helped out the clubs by not taking wages while they can’t play.
Or am I being naive?

You would think so, dont take a wage now while play is suspended and get a wage when the season is extended, a time when player generally dont get paid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:55 am 

Neil M wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
Clubs not paying silly wages would help, alot of clubs have survived for years on crowds of 100-150

Sound. What about the rest of the bills?

Also "stop paying silly wages" is such slazy response, as though it's just that simple.

It would sure help a club, pay cuts in the short term and aint it a bit greedy players still getting a wage when not playing and clubs have no income and look likely to have to extend the season

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Only contracted players will be getting paid. The vast majority of NL players won't be receiving a penny when there's no games.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:06 pm 

A lot of players rely on their wage from footy to pay bills, keep the wife sweet, so will be suffering as much as anyone, not all are money-grabbing mercenaries.

Put it this way, some don't work weekends, midweek to train or play, they have traveling costs risk injuries, and time off work, most are "not" contracted and on a pay as you play basis anyway, having a go at players is totally targeting the wrong source of the problem in my opinion..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:17 pm 

Not all players will be on contracts, alot in the second division wont even get paid but a few are, lets hope theres a bit of flexibility of contracts both now and when the seasons extended

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:18 am 

Neil M wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
Thats the thing as far as im aware even in tier 3 football is not banned from been played from nor are fans from attending games. Even with bars in grounds shut surely some income from paying fans, raffles etc is better than nowt. As for players sitting at home, yeah in sure they would prefer to play but how many are sitting at home not playing and still getting a wage. As the league is part time then as you say some flexibility is needed.

The majority of a club's expenses/running costs come from match days, so playing under severe restrictions isn't better than nowt for a lot of clubs, it's worse.

That statement means you are not taking sponsorship into account or the financial help that most Clubs have received one way or another. No one will convince me that Clubs couldn't have ran for 2 games with no bar income

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:52 am 
Site Admin

Wack wrote:
Neil M wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
Thats the thing as far as im aware even in tier 3 football is not banned from been played from nor are fans from attending games. Even with bars in grounds shut surely some income from paying fans, raffles etc is better than nowt. As for players sitting at home, yeah in sure they would prefer to play but how many are sitting at home not playing and still getting a wage. As the league is part time then as you say some flexibility is needed.

The majority of a club's expenses/running costs come from match days, so playing under severe restrictions isn't better than nowt for a lot of clubs, it's worse.

That statement means you are not taking sponsorship into account or the financial help that most Clubs have received one way or another. No one will convince me that Clubs couldn't have ran for 2 games with no bar income

I stated that the majority of a club's expenses come from match days, therefore playing games under restrictions that severely limit a club's match day income, is worse than not playing the games at all. I'm not sure why sponsorship needs to be taken in to account?

Also where has the clubhouses only being closed for 2 games come from?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:06 pm 

I still don’t understand why clubs can’t have a tea hut open , no different to going in any cafe ordering your tea/coffee food and walking away , the tea hut at any outdoor venue is a take away .
Regards crowd restrictions, there has been an outdoor event on with a fun fair /ice rink / market on at Haughton just off A690 for over a week now , doesn’t look like any restrictions or social distancing going on , how’s that allowed in current climate , bizarre.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:10 pm 

TUDGUY wrote:
I still don’t understand why clubs can’t have a tea hut open , no different to going in any cafe ordering your tea/coffee food and walking away , the tea hut at any outdoor venue is a take away .
Regards crowd restrictions, there has been an outdoor event on with a fun fair /ice rink / market on at Haughton just off A690 for over a week now , doesn’t look like any restrictions or social distancing going on , how’s that allowed in current climate , bizarre.

THIS RE: Tea Huts

Like I have said previously, if a little bit of common sense can be provided which would allow games to then get the go ahead, great, Im sure clubs would be happy enough with that. It really is crazy that this is the main sticking point!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:40 pm 

As many excuses can be made as possible however here is the scenario.
without season ticket holders and take these out as some people dont turn up each game but according to some clubs they add the figures in anyway.

so £150 X £6 at first division clubs= £900 per home game without any other money coming in wouldnt pay a weeks expenses wages etc etc whatever you want to call it for every first division club. over 80% of clubs agreed not to continue without the clubhouse facilities open in some way shape or form so i think that says more about why they wouldnt play than would play.

some clubs will also get around the contracted players as once comes to end of April / start of May they will say they were only signed on 40 weeks contract so will be made to play till end of may for nothing again saving money. It would have been in their best interests to play still have 150 through the gate at least taking some money but obviously not as players will want paid.

Why didnt the richest FA in the country offer to pay officials for 3 weeks for every home game which would have helped clubs out until a solution may have been forthcoming over the next few weeks?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:57 pm 

You wont please everyone like alot of things lately, some clubs will still not be happy if food and drink is takeaway only and only 150 fans are allowed but would be a shame to pause football for weeks just because grounds and club houses cant run as normal. Could understand if no fans were allowed, but they are. Lets hope common sense prevails soon with the food and drink situation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

AMB wrote:
As many excuses can be made as possible however here is the scenario.
without season ticket holders and take these out as some people dont turn up each game but according to some clubs they add the figures in anyway.

so £150 X £6 at first division clubs= £900 per home game without any other money coming in wouldnt pay a weeks expenses wages etc etc whatever you want to call it for every first division club. over 80% of clubs agreed not to continue without the clubhouse facilities open in some way shape or form so i think that says more about why they wouldnt play than would play.

some clubs will also get around the contracted players as once comes to end of April / start of May they will say they were only signed on 40 weeks contract so will be made to play till end of may for nothing again saving money. It would have been in their best interests to play still have 150 through the gate at least taking some money but obviously not as players will want paid.

Why didnt the richest FA in the country offer to pay officials for 3 weeks for every home game which would have helped clubs out until a solution may have been forthcoming over the next few weeks?

Baring in mind concession rates, season ticket holders, etc, you'd be very lucky to make £900 off a 150 max capacity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:02 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
You wont please everyone like alot of things lately, some clubs will still not be happy if food and drink is takeaway only and only 150 fans are allowed but would be a shame to pause football for weeks just because grounds and club houses cant run as normal. Could understand if no fans were allowed, but they are. Lets hope common sense prevails soon with the food and drink situation

Totally agree, some flexibility is needed or we might aswel right the season off now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:22 pm 

Wack wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

Totally agree, some flexibility is needed or we might aswel right the season off now.

Correct.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next