It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Crazy times.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:42 pm 

Looking at tomorrows fixtures in the step 7 leagues.
All games where spectators are allowed , inc clubs who have enclosed grounds aswel as those that dont. Can someone please explain why or how this decision to not allow spectators into step 5/6 has been made . While i am happy that these games are allowed and have no doubt they will be made just as safe. Enclosed grounds with stewarding in place to make sure social distancing is adhered to must be a just as safe, if not safer an environment as grounds in these leagues.
I can only assume that whoever is responsible for this shambles of a decision has never set foot in a northern league ground or grounds at this level. If anyone can explain how these decisions are made i would love to hear it.
How on earth is standing apart in the open air not safer than an hour or 2 in the Metro Centre :x :x :x

Post subject: Re: Crazy times.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:18 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Looking at tomorrows fixtures in the step 7 leagues.
All games where spectators are allowed , inc clubs who have enclosed grounds aswel as those that dont. Can someone please explain why or how this decision to not allow spectators into step 5/6 has been made . While i am happy that these games are allowed and have no doubt they will be made just as safe. Enclosed grounds with stewarding in place to make sure social distancing is adhered to must be a just as safe, if not safer an environment as grounds in these leagues.
I can only assume that whoever is responsible for this shambles of a decision has never set foot in a northern league ground or grounds at this level. If anyone can explain how these decisions are made i would love to hear it.
How on earth is standing apart in the open air not safer than an hour or 2 in the Metro Centre :x :x :x

100%, lets hope common sense prevails before the end of this month regardless of whether the region is moved out of tier 3.

300 attendance in a northern league ground, or any open ground to that matter, is perfectly socially distant safe! Supporters just need to use face covering as they had been doing and follow all other sensible protocols.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:50 pm 

Could be bumper pay days for the Wearside and alliance clubs. I assume they have crowd number restrictions?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:52 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
Could be bumper pay days for the Wearside and alliance clubs. I assume they have crowd number restrictions?

It's the rule of six. They can pile in as long as theres no more than six in a group. Like you say could be a decent pay day for some clubs. If the weather doesn't win.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:37 pm 

I hope it is a bumper pay day and decent crowds . Might show the idiots who came to this decision how wrong they are .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:00 pm 

Its a strange one with the WL and NAFL with Durhan and Northumberland FA's saying no cross travel for players or officials, how the hell will they vet supporters?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:27 am 

Its crazy that masks are needed At non league games, hardly massive enclosed all seater stadiums. Baffling decisions in sport and hospitality, which will no doubt bear the brunt if infections increase due to folk gathering in houses over xmas and shops been packed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:09 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Its crazy that masks are needed At non league games, hardly massive enclosed all seater stadiums. Baffling decisions in sport and hospitality, which will no doubt bear the brunt if infections increase due to folk gathering in houses over xmas and shops been packed

If the stadiums at non league arent the biggest then surely theres an even greater need for masks as folk will be that bit closer together.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:20 am 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Cestrian wrote:

It's the rule of six. They can pile in as long as theres no more than six in a group. Like you say could be a decent pay day for some clubs. If the weather doesn't win.

Read on twitter that the wearside league has suspended all games to 9th jan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:22 pm 

Braunton wrote:
Heshootshescores wrote:
Cestrian wrote:

Read on twitter that the wearside league has suspended all games to 9th jan

That is correct for league games however Durham FA cups such as challenge cup and trophy are still being played. Windscale played Richmond today in the league because they are in different tiers. Some Other clubs simply didn't want to play.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:10 am 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

If the stadiums at non league arent the biggest then surely theres an even greater need for masks as folk will be that bit closer together.

No national rule making them mandatory outdoors, seems a draconian rule introduced in the north east