It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:14 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Crazy times.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 590
Looking at tomorrows fixtures in the step 7 leagues.
All games where spectators are allowed , inc clubs who have enclosed grounds aswel as those that dont. Can someone please explain why or how this decision to not allow spectators into step 5/6 has been made . While i am happy that these games are allowed and have no doubt they will be made just as safe. Enclosed grounds with stewarding in place to make sure social distancing is adhered to must be a just as safe, if not safer an environment as grounds in these leagues.
I can only assume that whoever is responsible for this shambles of a decision has never set foot in a northern league ground or grounds at this level. If anyone can explain how these decisions are made i would love to hear it.
How on earth is standing apart in the open air not safer than an hour or 2 in the Metro Centre :x :x :x

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
No I in Team
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crazy times.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:42 pm
Posts: 371
Location: Nibbling cheese
bigcbeat wrote:
Looking at tomorrows fixtures in the step 7 leagues.
All games where spectators are allowed , inc clubs who have enclosed grounds aswel as those that dont. Can someone please explain why or how this decision to not allow spectators into step 5/6 has been made . While i am happy that these games are allowed and have no doubt they will be made just as safe. Enclosed grounds with stewarding in place to make sure social distancing is adhered to must be a just as safe, if not safer an environment as grounds in these leagues.
I can only assume that whoever is responsible for this shambles of a decision has never set foot in a northern league ground or grounds at this level. If anyone can explain how these decisions are made i would love to hear it.
How on earth is standing apart in the open air not safer than an hour or 2 in the Metro Centre :x :x :x


100%, lets hope common sense prevails before the end of this month regardless of whether the region is moved out of tier 3.

300 attendance in a northern league ground, or any open ground to that matter, is perfectly socially distant safe! Supporters just need to use face covering as they had been doing and follow all other sensible protocols.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crazy times.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 313
Location: Lab 207
Could be bumper pay days for the Wearside and alliance clubs. I assume they have crowd number restrictions?

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crazy times.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 321
Cestrian wrote:
Could be bumper pay days for the Wearside and alliance clubs. I assume they have crowd number restrictions?

It's the rule of six. They can pile in as long as theres no more than six in a group. Like you say could be a decent pay day for some clubs. If the weather doesn't win.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crazy times.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 590
I hope it is a bumper pay day and decent crowds . Might show the idiots who came to this decision how wrong they are .

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
No I in Team
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crazy times.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 196
Its a strange one with the WL and NAFL with Durhan and Northumberland FA's saying no cross travel for players or officials, how the hell will they vet supporters?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crazy times.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm
Posts: 781
Its crazy that masks are needed At non league games, hardly massive enclosed all seater stadiums. Baffling decisions in sport and hospitality, which will no doubt bear the brunt if infections increase due to folk gathering in houses over xmas and shops been packed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crazy times.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 321
Si_kirk wrote:
Its crazy that masks are needed At non league games, hardly massive enclosed all seater stadiums. Baffling decisions in sport and hospitality, which will no doubt bear the brunt if infections increase due to folk gathering in houses over xmas and shops been packed

If the stadiums at non league arent the biggest then surely theres an even greater need for masks as folk will be that bit closer together.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crazy times.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:29 am
Posts: 17
Heshootshescores wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
Could be bumper pay days for the Wearside and alliance clubs. I assume they have crowd number restrictions?

It's the rule of six. They can pile in as long as theres no more than six in a group. Like you say could be a decent pay day for some clubs. If the weather doesn't win.


Read on twitter that the wearside league has suspended all games to 9th jan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crazy times.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 321
Braunton wrote:
Heshootshescores wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
Could be bumper pay days for the Wearside and alliance clubs. I assume they have crowd number restrictions?

It's the rule of six. They can pile in as long as theres no more than six in a group. Like you say could be a decent pay day for some clubs. If the weather doesn't win.


Read on twitter that the wearside league has suspended all games to 9th jan

That is correct for league games however Durham FA cups such as challenge cup and trophy are still being played. Windscale played Richmond today in the league because they are in different tiers. Some Other clubs simply didn't want to play.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Crazy times.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm
Posts: 781
Heshootshescores wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
Its crazy that masks are needed At non league games, hardly massive enclosed all seater stadiums. Baffling decisions in sport and hospitality, which will no doubt bear the brunt if infections increase due to folk gathering in houses over xmas and shops been packed

If the stadiums at non league arent the biggest then surely theres an even greater need for masks as folk will be that bit closer together.

No national rule making them mandatory outdoors, seems a draconian rule introduced in the north east


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group