It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: My opinions on everything going on at the minute
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:54 pm 

https://wp.me/p4i04N-5Y1

In this article, I give my opinions on the latest development regarding the resumption of non-league football.

I give my opinions on the rules which have been put in place, as well as stating what I think needs to be changed for the benefit of the sport.

Post subject: Re: My opinions on everything going on at the minute
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:16 pm 

connorandblitz wrote:
https://wp.me/p4i04N-5Y1

In this article, I give my opinions on the latest development regarding the resumption of non-league football.

I give my opinions on the rules which have been put in place, as well as stating what I think needs to be changed for the benefit of the sport.
If we move into tier 2 and fans are allowed back but can't consume drinks etc surely that isn't going to keep them away. Your cutting your nose off to spite your face. So not only does the club miss out on what the fan would spend on pies teas etc but also the seven pound at the gate.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:28 pm 

Good read connor. I wonder if clubs cant even serve soft drinks and tea/coffee as takeaways. If someones driven 30 mile to a game im sure they will fancy a cup of tea or summat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:04 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Good read connor. I wonder if clubs cant even serve soft drinks and tea/coffee as takeaways. If someones driven 30 mile to a game im sure they will fancy a cup of tea or summat

If I'm driving thirty mile to a game and I know the chances of me getting a soft drink or cup of tea are slim then theres either a flask or a bottle of pop getting taken inside. Were going on like soft drinks, cups of tea and pints of beer are the be all and end all. Yes they bring in the revenue but we can still see football without them. One step at a time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:21 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

If I'm driving thirty mile to a game and I know the chances of me getting a soft drink or cup of tea are slim then theres either a flask or a bottle of pop getting taken inside. Were going on like soft drinks, cups of tea and pints of beer are the be all and end all. Yes they bring in the revenue but we can still see football without them. One step at a time.

Fair enough but i dont see how they spread the disease, you can still go to say a local park and buy takeout coffee and food and eat it on a nearby bench so crazy you cant don it outside in a football ground. No doubt its something these clueless scientists in london have come up with

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:19 am 

I really cant see why clubs can't serve teas, snacks and drinks out the hatch on a match day. Its a big part of incoming revenue and to stop this is will affect clubs as the season goes on. Gate money alone will put a few bob in the coffers but a lot of match day income in our case comes over the counter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:39 am 

The whole situation stinks.

Non league football is an outside sport with plenty of room in the open air, added to that additional measures such as hand sanitising, face masks, social distancing in bubbles of 6. Yes you get the odd one or two who will push the boundaries but they are few and far between. As for refreshments, well there is no difference between a tea hut at a football match to that of kiosks down Shields sea front that have been open and selling Refreshments/burgers/chips etc throughout both lockdown 1 & 2.

I was at Asda on the weekend in Boldon, it’s a huge place but must have been over 1000 people in the store, isles rammed, some with masks and some without (those without probably exempt) but no social distancing measures, people touching items and putting back in shelves, and it’s INDOORS....tell me again why football cannot re-start without fans

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:42 am 

Jnrhornetpart2 wrote:

Non league football is an outside sport with plenty of room in the open air, added to that additional measures such as hand sanitising, face masks, social distancing in bubbles of 6. Yes you get the odd one or two who will push the boundaries but they are few and far between. As for refreshments, well there is no difference between a tea hut at a football match to that of kiosks down Shields sea front that have been open and selling Refreshments/burgers/chips etc throughout both lockdown 1 & 2.

I was at Asda on the weekend in Boldon, it’s a huge place but must have been over 1000 people in the store, isles rammed, some with masks and some without (those without probably exempt) but no social distancing measures, people touching items and putting back in shelves, and it’s INDOORS....tell me again why football cannot re-start without fans

Nail hit firmly on the head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am 

Jnrhornetpart2 wrote:

Agree totally. Another set of stupid rules by out if touch scientists

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:00 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Jnrhornetpart2 wrote:

Agree totally. Another set of stupid rules by out if touch scientists

The scientists dont enforce the rules, the government and relevant authorities act on the science provided :lol:

However, I agree, common sense needs to come into it!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:35 pm 

Tories have never liked football - I'm not surprised with the decisions they are making

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:24 pm 

Vaccine approved for roll out in coming weeks.

Games with fans should be ok in a few weeks time with no restrictions.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:32 pm 

Micky the Rodent wrote:

Aye and pigs might fly. There will be restrictions for at least the remainder of this season. Local councils will make sure of that

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:57 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Micky the Rodent wrote:

Aye and pigs might fly. There will be restrictions for at least the remainder of this season. Local councils will make sure of that

No, back to 'normal' in weeks, no problem 8) :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:02 pm 

In all seriousness I think we would all take the end of December through until May with the same restrictions we had earlier this season (150 - 300 restrictions on crowds) - thats the best we can hope for i think!