It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:07 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: What now?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:14 pm 

Chancellor announces extension to Furlough scheme until March 2021, is this a statement that ultimately is telling us to expect even more disruption over the next 3 month!!

A return is December would definitely allow the lost 6 fixtures to be played throughout the remainder of the season, anymore delay into December you are then looking at further 4-5 lge games to that "Lost" list. Let's say 10 lge games to make up between Jan-April (16 weeks) or if the FA use some common sense maybe extend into May so between 18-20 weeks is doable, however as previously posted local lge and county cups should be scrapped.

The only other cup to consider would be the FA Vase and if teams progress then adds more to the fixture congestion.

Either way i seen some sort of poll (not sure where) that was asking Step 3-6 if the 20/21 season couldn't be finished what outcome would they like to see a) Null & Void b) PPG based on a minimum % of games played, be interesting to see the output of that

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:52 pm 

Would read too much into this furlough scheme as to what impact it has on football on step 3 and below. Most at step 3 and below will be part time players so wont be able to do that for there living. He did say its been reviewed in January so that gives us some hope

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:56 am 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Simba wrote:
Definitely no need for a knee jerk reaction just yet. It will depend largely on whether this lockdown is the last of it I'm guessing. As already said, there are delays and postponements and bad weather, all sorts of things that happen every season so a 4 week hiatus will probably be manageable. But after that, we'll just have to wait and see what happens 2nd December.

Four weeks off with the lockdown yes manageable. A bad December written off with the weather then becomes eight to nine weeks off. Is that manageable.

Short answer is "yes" it would be manageable with 8 to 9 weeks off. Just. Only just. And only then with the cancellation of the cup competitions - at least in my opinion. Reference has been made to the dwindling interest in these. Regardless of the levels of interest, this season it's about survival for teams rather than cup glory. Any teams that get through these times of financial hardship can consider themselves to have won in some way. It makes it even more galling that at the top levels, despite the millions of pounds in sponsorship that Premier league sides have, at a time when people are skint, certain games became pay per view.

If the league starts again in December and sides are left alone, hopefully with a gradually increasing capacity of crowd rather than the current 150 restrictions, maybe, just maybe, we'll get through the season intact. Hopefully with all clubs holding a "tin-pot" to p*ss in!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:35 am 

Fixtures not played during this current lockdown shunted onto the end of the season it appears so a mid May finish now if all goes well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:21 am 

Micky the Rodent wrote:
Fixtures not played during this current lockdown shunted onto the end of the season it appears so a mid May finish now if all goes well.

suprised non arranged for midweeks in december If we get some bad weather after the new year teams could be playing 3 times a week in april and may.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:59 am 

Micky the Rodent wrote:

Makes sense is this official Micky?
I can still see lots of congestion because as sure as eggs are eggs there will be weather postponements.

I wonder if officials will take this into consideration when canceling games because half the time imo at a push postponed games could have gone ahead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:32 pm 

I dont think any club would postpone a game if it could be played, i know we wouldn't that's for sure. I think there is a reason they have been added to the end of the season. CUPS. I think they should knock the cups on the head for this season including the County Cups. The Vase is a different kettle of fish with the prize money at stake so keep going with that but only that. It surley got tp be a priority to get league games finished. if they put more league games midweek then that would help to get not only the League games finished but get the last bit of the restructure boxed off . It wont happen tho.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:12 pm 

If the league wont bin off league and county cups then maybe clubs could withdraw en mass then they would not run

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:40 pm 

I understand 2 EBAC NL Clubs have withdrawn from the Durham FA Challenge Cup

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:29 pm 

Extending the season by 4 weeks, few thoughts. I do however applaud the NL for coming out early enough with details but still some holes for me!!

1. Will all teams be ready to recommence on 5th Dec with very little team training (if any occurred) more individual plans?
2. How often have we heard it’s not possible or without many challenges and conversations with the FA?
3. Between 5th Dec - 17th April there’s 18 mid-weeks available (some have been taken and some will be protected for vase but still leaves enough to get season done)!
4. League must take priority so why not just cancel all league cups, no games started so just cancel for the season or is money/sponsorship to rewarding for league to “do the right thing”?
5. I don’t believe any club has been consulted about an extension but considerations about players contract /registrations extending beyond the 1st May is another hurdle to overcome.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:06 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Noeldinho wrote:
Play half the league season and then do what the SPL does and split the leagues into 2 groups and then play each other once in each group - simples.

They only do that for the final 6 games of the season

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:35 pm 

http://www.northernfootballleague.org/n ... -fixtures/

With fixtures now canceled for a further 2 weeks (correctly in my opinion) the nails in the coffin are becoming even more numerous. I can't personally see this season, as I said before being completed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:05 am 

Before the season started was it agreed as long as 70% of games were played final positions would be calculated on PPG? Or did I imagine this....?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:39 pm 

either way looks like relegation for the once mighty two blues :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:07 pm 

AMB wrote:
either way looks like relegation for the once mighty two blues :lol:

Ha ha no chance :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next