It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: What now?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:05 pm 

Another lockdown, no non-league footy, are the FA, government, or anyone going to back the grassroots clubs financially as I personally cannot see a completion of the 20/21 season unless the league is cut to playing single fixtures and cup competitions are scrapped.

Post subject: Re: What now?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:23 pm 

If as assumed non league football is curtailed for 4 weeks then that’s circa 5-6 games for clubs to catch up.

Trying to be positive but seeing this as an early winter break, but can definitely see more Sat/Tues-Wed/Sat fixtures scheduled as early as December.

The NL will have to consider the Lge cups for sure, I’d even say scrap them for this season, plus maybe a short extension to the season to the end May could be required.

Whatever happens the FA/DFA/NL need to try their upmost to finish this season or at least 50-70% of it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:27 pm 

Jnrhornetpart2 wrote:
If as assumed non league football is curtailed for 4 weeks then that’s circa 5-6 games for clubs to catch up.

Trying to be positive but seeing this as an early winter break, but can definitely see more Sat/Tues-Wed/Sat fixtures scheduled as early as December.

The NL will have to consider the Lge cups for sure, I’d even say scrap them for this season, plus maybe a short extension to the season to the end May could be required.

Whatever happens the FA/DFA/NL need to try their upmost to finish this season or at least 50-70% of it.

Basically whatever it takes to see Hebburn promoted.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:42 pm 

Lets say for arguments sake the season can mid December - just knock the league cup and county cups on the head. No need to shorten the league fixtures, Im sure there will be enough blank midweeks left to catch up providing there is not another 'lockdown' before May!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:32 pm 

Problem is you can't really see this being just a four-week pause _and_ being the last one we get. Either it's going to roll over into the beginning of 2021, or we go into a cycle of locking down and easing up month by month until the summer. I don't see that enough is changing across the country to be confident that we can fix it all with a half-hearted lockdown and a half-baked leadership.

Tempted to stay in bed for about six months and see what's left after that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:11 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Jnrhornetpart2 wrote:

Micky the Rodent wrote:
Lets say for arguments sake the season can mid December - just knock the league cup and county cups on the head. No need to shorten the league fixtures, Im sure there will be enough blank midweeks left to catch up providing there is not another 'lockdown' before May!

100% agree with this.
Common sense applied will probably get the league campaigns finished in most cases. I do think though that Below step 6 will find it difficult to get through the full program with the lack of floodlighting .
Maybe the 4 county Fa’s could help those clubs without lights by hiring the many floodlit 4g facilities and making them available to the feeder leagues so fixtures can be completed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:31 am 
Site Admin

bigcbeat wrote:
Maybe the 4 county Fa’s could help

More chance of Billy Town getting to the FA Cup final.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:05 am 

bigcbeat wrote:
Heshootshescores wrote:
Jnrhornetpart2 wrote:

Micky the Rodent wrote:

100% agree with this.
Common sense applied will probably get the league campaigns finished in most cases. I do think though that Below step 6 will find it difficult to get through the full program with the lack of floodlighting .
Maybe the 4 county Fa’s could help those clubs without lights by hiring the many floodlit 4g facilities and making them available to the feeder leagues so fixtures can be completed.

Either that or use a step 7 ground with floodlights to stage multiple games but i could not imagine the durham fa been that generous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:52 am 

Multiple games wouldn't be possible over the winter months with the weather now changing for the worse. April May maybe ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:06 pm 

Can someone explain why the FA allow elite football to continue but not our steps?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:38 pm 

marron04 wrote:
Can someone explain why the FA allow elite football to continue but not our steps?

Absolute madness. Bet the palladium is open . Tossas. We have just hired 2 portaloos on a month long hire. still have to pay for them even tho they will be off hired on thursday now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:59 pm 

marron04 wrote:

One simple word Mazz.. MONEY.
Fa couldnt give a shiney shi te about grassroots.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:21 pm 

marron04 wrote:

I suspect if all clubs at step 3 and below opted to plat behind closed doors they could maybe still happen but doubt many would opt for behind closed doors. The government clearly dont want football stopped completely, for money and also something to keep us going, football on tv is better than nowt. National league north and above were playing behind closed doors before this lockdown and have got funding of the government to do so

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:25 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
marron04 wrote:

I suspect if all clubs at step 3 and below opted to plat behind closed doors they could maybe still happen but doubt many would opt for behind closed doors. The government clearly dont want football stopped completely, for money and also something to keep us going, football on tv is better than nowt. National league north and above were playing behind closed doors before this lockdown and have got funding of the government to do so

How do you expect clubs to survive playing behind closed doors and have no clubhouse open. Clubs are struggling now with the 150 cap and the stupid recommendation to close an hour before and after games. Absolute shambles. I have no problem with a suspended month but to play through it with no income is a ridicules suggestion. Personally we have been forced to play 4 behind closed doors and lost a lot of income doing that. We wont do that and i wouldn't expect many would. :x

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:09 pm 

Bang on Col.