It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:13 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:32 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Windy no disrespect to you as you are very helpful on these forums.
Having an opinion from afar is not wrong but sometimes can be miss-informed .
Having seen first hand what both Durham and Brandon are trying to do to keep both clubs afloat I have nothing but admiration for the back room boys and girls .

I don’t know if this has been suggested to either or both clubs but could both clubs not come together as one ? It would solve durhams problem of paying fortunes to use another facility and help Brandon get more much needed volunteers and supporters in the ground .
If this has been visited then I apologise to both clubs . Just a thought .

I don’t have a dislike for either club’s. I have always held the view that decent ambitious clubs are being held back at step 7, because of the 1 club only promotion rule. It’s possible for a team to come runners up for 3-4 seasons and miss out on promotion. Yet perennial strugglers survive, because of geography(lack of step 7 leagues in the area and little scope for lateral transfers from other leagues). So I’d rather see Gateshead LR and Blyth Town promoted as runners up, than these two struggling clubs survive for another season. I might sound harsh, but that’s my opinion & isn’t this what a forum’s supposed to be about?

Completely agree. If theres a shortage of step 7 applicants can understand clubs been reprieved but theres no shortage of step 7 applicants in the north east to fill the void. Im sure the bottom 2 were spared relegation last season due to lack of suitable step 7 clubs to fill the void

With step 7 being taken out of the National League System and classified as a feeder to it next season. I’d like to see a Cumbrian League set up. So the NL could then have the Northern Alliance, Wearside, North Riding, parts of the Cumbrian and York Minster League’s all potentially feeding into it. This would hopefully then stop teams in the area being reprieved from relegation, because there’d potentially be more applicants for promotion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:43 am 

Is someone seriously telling me that a team from Middlesbrough has set up a joint tenancy agreement with a team from North West Durham to gain promotion to the Northern league. If that is allowed then the whole thing becomes a joke.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:54 am 

Cestrian wrote:
Is someone seriously telling me that a team from Middlesbrough has set up a joint tenancy agreement with a team from North West Durham to gain promotion to the Northern league. If that is allowed then the whole thing becomes a joke.

Thats a very strange one. Surly some where closer than Consett for Boro Rangers. Now that will open up the whole new ball game. Canny hike that is for a home game. Thought the rule was you had to spend your promotion season at the facility you were using when achieving promotion ? Obviously not in this case.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:59 am 

The whole lots a joke if you ask me! nice and simple play to the rules or dont play at all. Everybody knew what was going to happen and if everybody threw 40 games someone is still going to finish top of the league and therefore gets promoted. It will end up having no place in the pyramid which might please some people but thats what they are in so get on with it.

Boro rangers to Consett im sure its not the 1st April already is it??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:20 am 

bigcbeat wrote:
Cestrian wrote:

Thats a very strange one. Surly some where closer than Consett for Boro Rangers. Now that will open up the whole new ball game. Canny hike that is for a home game. Thought the rule was you had to spend your promotion season at the facility you were using when achieving promotion ? Obviously not in this case.

This will be decided by the FA league committee. If they are promoted, at least they aren’t going to be jumping from one ground share to another. Which is the case with Durham City(not Brandon though). They have a thriving set up and will soon have their own ground in Middlesbrough. If they are denied promotion, it won’t be too long before we see them promoted to the NL. I ask if anyone actually thinks Durham City are more deserving of a NL place, than this or any of the clubs applying for promotion?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:47 am 

let Boro Rangers develop their ground and apply. If they were trying the temporary joint tenancy route with say Billingham Town or Thornaby then maybe people would just say good luck but to travel over 40 miles to play home games just to gain a promotion sorry its just not on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:12 am 

Cestrian wrote:

Thats exactly what I thought. Also how can there be a "joint tenancy" at our level of football. One Club must surely take the lead on the lease.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:14 am 

Where had this come from about boro rangers, got to be a joke surely? They would be playing home games to practically no one. Surely the league and the fa can object to such crazyness even it its only while they build a new ground. There loads or grounds much closer to them. Were stockton not refused promotion whilst there ground got built

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:01 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
let Boro Rangers develop their ground and apply. If they were trying the temporary joint tenancy route with say Billingham Town or Thornaby then maybe people would just say good luck but to travel over 40 miles to play home games just to gain a promotion sorry its just not on.

It does sound a bit stupid to be honest. Totally agree if they are having a ground built then let them wait. There's more than enough applicants to promote within the rules so i cant see this coming off.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:51 pm 

A joint tenancy is where no club owns the ground. It’s either owned by the council or by a person. The council or person owning the club makes each club joint tenants.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:09 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
A joint tenancy is where no club owns the ground. It’s either owned by the council or by a person. The council or person owning the club makes each club joint tenants.

I thought Consett owned their ground, I must be wrong !

Also I thought the team looking for promotion needed to have played on the agreed pitch for the season before promotion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:19 pm 

Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Also I thought the team looking for promotion needed to have played on the agreed pitch for the season before promotion

Consett’s owner owns their ground, not the club. A couple of clubs have used the joint tenancy agreement and been promoted. Each set of circumstances are different, so we’ll see how the FA interprets Boro Rangers application. If they aren’t happy, then they’ll fail them and the club will have to wait until their ground is built.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:30 pm 

You lot are away with the pixies I’ve been told they are sharing with Harchester United

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:36 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Consett’s owner owns their ground, not the club. A couple of clubs have used the joint tenancy agreement and been promoted. Each set of circumstances are different, so we’ll see how the FA interprets Boro Rangers application. If they aren’t happy, then they’ll fail them and the club will have to wait until their ground is built.

Consett AFC must have (had) at least a 20 year lease to enable all the grants they have had, I assume Boro Rangers would need a 1 year licence , not sure how that stacks as a joint tenancy , but then I am not legally minded

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:04 pm 

Boro Rangers are developing an existing site in Middlesbrough. I understand the ground share will be very short term. Strange to ground share so far away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next