It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:05 pm 

Boro Rangers are developing an existing site in Middlesbrough. I understand the ground share will be very short term. Strange to ground share so far away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:28 pm 

Mr T-side wrote:
Boro Rangers are developing an existing site in Middlesbrough. I understand the ground share will be very short term. Strange to ground share so far away.

Where in Middlesbrough ?

I thought they were hoping to play at the Sports Village, which has a decent all seater stand, floodlights etc. Is that not the case now

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:03 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
let Boro Rangers develop their ground and apply. If they were trying the temporary joint tenancy route with say Billingham Town or Thornaby then maybe people would just say good luck but to travel over 40 miles to play home games just to gain a promotion sorry its just not on.

It does sound a bit stupid to be honest. Totally agree if they are having a ground built then let them wait. There's more than enough applicants to promote within the rules so i cant see this coming off.

Exactly this. If even half of the applicants are successful in league positions and ground grading there will be enough clubs to get the league up to 40 teams without admitting a team without a ground playing miles away

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:20 pm 

Think if you look at the rules it clearly states you have to have played at the ground you achieve promotion from for all the promotion season and the following season . That’s why West end played at Nissan last season in the wearside league. That’s how ant explained it to me when we played earlier in the season .
However they do say rules are there to be broken :o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:18 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
let Boro Rangers develop their ground and apply. If they were trying the temporary joint tenancy route with say Billingham Town or Thornaby then maybe people would just say good luck but to travel over 40 miles to play home games just to gain a promotion sorry its just not on.

It does sound a bit stupid to be honest. Totally agree if they are having a ground built then let them wait. There's more than enough applicants to promote within the rules so i cant see this coming off.

Exactly this. If even half of the applicants are successful in league positions and ground grading there will be enough clubs to get the league up to 40 teams without admitting a team without a ground playing miles away

The FA have stated that they would prefer to promote 1 club per step 7 league. If they want to promote more than 1 club, they must gain the support of the step 7 league. So it isn’t just a case of promoting 2/3 clubs from the NA and 2/3 clubs from the WL.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:23 pm 

I thought the Boro Rangers at Consett idea had been knocked on the head & they are looking at an option closer to home.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:24 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Think if you look at the rules it clearly states you have to have played at the ground you achieve promotion from for all the promotion season and the following season . That’s why West end played at Nissan last season in the wearside league. That’s how ant explained it to me when we played earlier in the season .
However they do say rules are there to be broken :o

Pinchbeck Utd & AFC Bolsover have already got around these rules in previous season’s. So they’ve already been broken. Boro Rangers are a healthy club with a strong future and will soon be playing at their own ground in Middlesbrough. People are against them moving to Consett for a season, because it they deem it as basically ground sharing in another name. Yet they are happy to see Durham City struggling along to survive, ground sharing and zero chance of playing in Durham for the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:03 pm 

If theres no rule about how far a club can play from there base then there should be especially to gain promotion. A club spending a season, maybe more 30 mile away is crazy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:05 am 

Just my own personal opinion but plain and simple for me. If a club has its own ground where they have worked very hard as volunteers to achieve a ground suitable for promotion to Step 6 for example then they should be promoted over a club that has arranged a ground share to get them promoted. Its a kick in the teeth for those that work their balls off to achieve the required grading. That should be a given IMO. Boro Rangers seem like a fantastic club but should they be allowed to move to Consett and take the place of another club that has everything in place to go up? Even if it means a club from another feeder league taking that available slot that's the way i would play it. Yes ,clubs that finish in the bottom 2 are liable for relegation so if there are clubs to replace them with their own grounds its a no brainer, it happens. But we would certainly appeal relegation if we were replaced by a team arranging a ground share as far away as Boro Rangers are planning. I just cant see this ever being allowed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:20 am 

bigcbeat wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Micky the Rodent wrote:
North Shields dont have the option of NOT wanting promotion....apart from ensuring they finish outside the top 3...which would imply they will be 'throwing' games.

There’s ways and means of making sure they don’t achieve a top 3 finish, without throwing games.

How can they make sure of not finishing in the top 3 the if not by throwing games? I dont think for one minute they would mind.. Have to say North Shields ground is one of the best we have been to. Clubhouse is very impressive.

North Shields are mentioned in Mike Amos’s blog & backs up what I posted that they don’t want promotion. Here’s the comment: “We’re in grave danger of promotion,” says long serving chairman Alan Matthews. https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:49 pm 

Been in grave danger of promotion is a position most clubs would like to be in. I hope the current top 3 get it as they actually want it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:51 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Been in grave danger of promotion is a position most clubs would like to be in. I hope the current top 3 get it as they actually want it

Not at all. No club wants to be in grave danger of anything. Promotion yes but the grave danger bit certainly not. There’s probably a good reason why they don’t want to go up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:37 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

Not at all. No club wants to be in grave danger of anything. Promotion yes but the grave danger bit certainly not. There’s probably a good reason why they don’t want to go up.

Its making a mockery of the league clubs like this. Promotions compulsory now and rightfully so and if north shields dont want to go up they should not build a squad challenging for promotion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:54 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:

The top 4 actually want promotion. Hopefully the one that misses out this season will make it next season. I believe next season the league champions are promoted. The runners up can also be promoted. I believe the 16 step 5 runners up will have a regionalised playoff. This will reduce the number of clubs down to 8 & these 8 clubs will face another regionalised playoff final against the 8 3rd bottom step 4 teams. If North Shields are in a promotion playoff next season, will they throw the game?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:22 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

The top 4 actually want promotion. Hopefully the one that misses out this season will make it next season. I believe next season the league champions are promoted. The runners up can also be promoted. I believe the 16 step 5 runners up will have a regionalised playoff. This will reduce the number of clubs down to 8 & these 8 clubs will face another regionalised playoff final against the 8 3rd bottom step 4 teams. If North Shields are in a promotion playoff next season, will they throw the game?

Will be interesting to see how these play offs work up north with clubs in the northern league, nwcl and ncel ad there will be 3 teams playing off to get to the final, cant have odd numbers in play offs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next