It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:15 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 9:33 pm
Posts: 557
Vanarama National League North
AFC Telford United v Blyth postponed
Darlington 3 (Campbell 2, Donawa) Alfreton 0,
Gateshead 2 (Deverdics, Curry) Altrincham 0 ,
Kidderminster 1 Spennymoor 1 (Ramshaw)
BetVictor NPL Premier Division
Lancaster 1 South Shields 2 (Gilchrist 2),
Morpeth 1 (J Henderson) Ashton United 4,
Whitby 1 (Blackett) FC United of Manchester 2
North West Division
Pontefract 3 Dunston 0,
Workington 2 Marske United 0
EBAC Northern League Division One
Billingham Town 1 (Robinson) Shildon 5 (Palmer, Greulich-Smith 3, Thexton),
Guisborough 2 (Roberts, Nixon) Hebburn 2 (Armstrong, Martin),
Newcastle Benfield 1 (Brayson) Penrith 1 (Davidson),
Northallerton v Seaham postponed,
Sunderland Ryhope CW 4 (Hird 2, Riding, Bird) Whitley Bay 3 (Shepherd, Giles, Fairley),
Stockton Town 2 (Owens 2) Bishop Auckland 1 (Parnaby),
Thornaby 0 Consett 5 (Pearson, Smith, Wilkinson, McAloon, Mackay)),
West Auckland 0 Ashington 0,
Whickham v Sunderland RCA postponed
Division Two
Bedlington 0 Carlisle City 5 (Atkinson 4, Fahling),
Billingham Synthonia 6 (Dickinson 2, Bruton 2, O’Connor, Earl) Durham City 0
Birtley 1 (Garrity) Washington 0,
Chester-le-Street 1 (Stephenson) Easington 1 (Adamson),
Crook Town 5 (Kent 3, Holliday, Connelly) Ryton and Crawcrook 2 (Dunn, Jasper,
Esh Winning 0 Sunderland West End 0,
Jarrow v Heaton Stannington postponed,
Tow Law 7 (White 2, Moffat 3, Smith, Brown) Brandon 0,
Willington 0 West Allotment 1 (Hayton)
North Riding Senior Cup
Redcar Athletic 5 (Smith 2, Wood, Rivis, Jackson) St Mary’s 1

_________________
For news, previews, reports and reaction, go to

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... /division1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm
Posts: 501
Another hammering for durham. Still they will probably avoid relegation yet again


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:45 pm
Posts: 15
Ashington were absolutely outstanding today from start to finish. Could have easily won it as well.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 129
Si_kirk wrote:
Another hammering for durham. Still they will probably avoid relegation yet again



It really looks like some poor decisions at the top end from a man who knows absolutely nothing at all about Northern league football is going to cost a once great club, if not their place in the NL, at the very least their credibility, respect and more than anything else the final nail in the coffin of being "Durhams" club, supporters could once be proud of.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 111
Didn’t go to Stockton with a great deal of confidence yesterday but came away relatively encouraged despite the defeat to the champions elect.

Bishops stifled Stockton well enough 1st half and also caused problems themselves at the other end, right on half time an individual error gifted them the lead.

Bishops started the 2nd half the brighter side but Stockton then got on top and the 2nd goal could of unlocked the floodgates but a Parnaby stunner then gave Stockton a nervy uncomfortable last 15 minutes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 451
I know it was posted on another thread. Where someone suggested that promotion from NL1 will be Stockton, Hebburn & either Shildon or Consett. Personally I think Stockton will definitely be promoted and the other two places will come from two of the 3 clubs(Hebburn aren’t certainties in my eyes). North Shields have an outside chance, but I don’t think they actually want to go up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm
Posts: 501
Windy1970 wrote:
I know it was posted on another thread. Where someone suggested that promotion from NL1 will be Stockton, Hebburn & either Shildon or Consett. Personally I think Stockton will definitely be promoted and the other two places will come from two of the 3 clubs(Hebburn aren’t certainties in my eyes). North Shields have an outside chance, but I don’t think they actually want to go up.

North shields ground aint up to scratch to me, the others in the promotion hunts have adequate grounds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm
Posts: 501
Still Learning. wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
Another hammering for durham. Still they will probably avoid relegation yet again



It really looks like some poor decisions at the top end from a man who knows absolutely nothing at all about Northern league football is going to cost a once great club, if not their place in the NL, at the very least their credibility, respect and more than anything else the final nail in the coffin of being "Durhams" club, supporters could once be proud of.

The blame surely lies on the owner for them getting booted out of new ferens park. Not as if the landlords are against senior football there just durham city


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 451
Si_kirk wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
I know it was posted on another thread. Where someone suggested that promotion from NL1 will be Stockton, Hebburn & either Shildon or Consett. Personally I think Stockton will definitely be promoted and the other two places will come from two of the 3 clubs(Hebburn aren’t certainties in my eyes). North Shields have an outside chance, but I don’t think they actually want to go up.

North shields ground aint up to scratch to me, the others in the promotion hunts have adequate grounds

Clubs don’t need the correct ground grading to be promoted from step 5. They would need to get their ground up to grade D by the 31st March following promotion. That’s why I believe North Shields don’t really want promotion. It’ll be interesting to see what happens over the next few years though. As all the big NL1 clubs are promoted and the NPL1N(I believe the new league will be called this next season)starts looking like the NL supreme division.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:42 pm
Posts: 249
Location: Nibbling cheese
North Shields dont have the option of NOT wanting promotion....apart from ensuring they finish outside the top 3...which would imply they will be 'throwing' games.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:42 pm
Posts: 249
Location: Nibbling cheese
Mike M wrote:
Didn’t go to Stockton with a great deal of confidence yesterday but came away relatively encouraged despite the defeat to the champions elect.

Bishops stifled Stockton well enough 1st half and also caused problems themselves at the other end, right on half time an individual error gifted them the lead.

Bishops started the 2nd half the brighter side but Stockton then got on top and the 2nd goal could of unlocked the floodgates but a Parnaby stunner then gave Stockton a nervy uncomfortable last 15 minutes.


Agree with your assessment Mike M - Stockton nailed on to win the league IMO and deservedly so, excellent side with a good balance. Thought Bishops played well enough but was always going to be a tough ask getting something from the game. Last few times I've seen Nicholson and Coulthard at the back for Stockton they have impressed me supremely, deal with everything into them calmly and able to start attacks from the back. Reminds me of the Marske back line from a couple of years ago....Wheatley and the other name escapes me. What I would give for Bishops to have a settled pair at the back similar to Stockton!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 451
Micky the Rodent wrote:
North Shields dont have the option of NOT wanting promotion....apart from ensuring they finish outside the top 3...which would imply they will be 'throwing' games.

There’s ways and means of making sure they don’t achieve a top 3 finish, without throwing games.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Posts: 30
I can pretty much guarantee Nashy and Woody wouldn't even think about not finishing in the top 3.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm
Posts: 501
If its proven a teams throwing games to avoid promotion i hope they are dealt with by the league and fa as it makes a mockery of the league. Also i guess if a team does not want promotion they can do no ground improvements what so ever and just come straight back down the following season. Although i did hear a team doing this would end up in division 2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:22 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Howay The Bay!
footyfan1 wrote:
I can pretty much guarantee Nashy and Woody wouldn't even think about not finishing in the top 3.


I believe a large reason behind them leaving Whitley was our lack of ambition to progress so I'd be surprised if they hadn't been given assurances over Shields' long-term plans. The club have invested in the ground by building the clubhouse & have put a strong squad together. Great management team & belong at a higher level imo.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group