It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:43 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Whickham
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:28 pm 

I note Whickhams Chairman has resigned according to their website . Seems to have done a decent job in the last couple of years . They certainly eligidly had a lot of money at the start of the season, some of the figures banded about were eye watering, but perhaps over inflated . I predicted them for promotion.

Post subject: Re: Whickham
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:38 pm 

Wack wrote:
I note Whickhams Chairman has resigned according to their website . Seems to have done a decent job in the last couple of years . They certainly eligidly had a lot of money at the start of the season, some of the figures banded about were eye watering, but perhaps over inflated . I predicted them for promotion.

Was he the guy putting the money in do you know Wack?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:44 pm 

Can't see John oster and Matty pattison hanging about then. Some wages down the pan this season at that club.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:06 am 

I could be wrong, but I don't think it was the chairman putting money in. I read somewhere it was the assistant manager/coach with the coin.

Again, I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:28 am 

Wack wrote:
I predicted them for promotion.
As would have a lot of people. I certainly expected Whickham to at least be in the top six at this stage of the season, looking at the quality of the signings which were announced.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:19 pm 

Shame really and a lesson of warning for clubs throwing the cash about..

Some of those plays happy to take a wage should have a look at the performances they have turned in for the club.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:44 pm 

Mr T-side wrote:
Shame really and a lesson of warning for clubs throwing the cash about..

Some of those plays happy to take a wage should have a look at the performances they have turned in for the club.

That lesson will never be learned. Not in the Northern league anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:25 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Can't see John oster and Matty pattison hanging about then. Some wages down the pan this season at that club.

How have they done since they cam in I havent really been paying attention to their results?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:12 am 

It wasn’t him putting the money in, it was the assistant manager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:58 pm 

players many of whom had recently been playing there football in The conference or conference north and could still have been were signing for a northern league club with sparse facilities shared with a cricket club,
Of course the player are just there for the pay packet. I still never expected whickham to be where they are now, i dubbed them the new bedlington terriers except at least they could not have constantly turned down promotion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:04 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
players many of whom had recently been playing there football in The conference or conference north and could still have been were signing for a northern league club with sparse facilities shared with a cricket club,
Of course the player are just there for the pay packet. I still never expected whickham to be where they are now, i dubbed them the new bedlington terriers except at least they could not have constantly turned down promotion.

The “money man” has a successful business, so he is employing people, just like owners in the past have.

When Carl Finnigan left, he said something along the lines of thanks for the opportunities outside of football.

Think it’s an attractive move for those nearing the end of their career and are looking at what is next.

But obviously as you can see, it doesn’t always work out for all parties.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:06 pm 

england wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

The “money man” has a successful business, so he is employing people, just like owners in the past have.

When Carl Finnigan left, he said something along the lines of thanks for the opportunities outside of football.

Think it’s an attractive move for those nearing the end of their career and are looking at what is next.

But obviously as you can see, it doesn’t always work out for all parties.

Not been a whickham fan im not fully sure whats gone wrong but recruiting too many players from leagues above can be a disaster same as recruiting too many from leagues below, a balance needs to be struck. A few whickham players were in full time football the season before at much better facilities, no maybe too much of a drop for tem

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:48 pm 

I've been watching Whickham quite a bit this season and can't help but be impressed with those behind the scenes. It's a shame the Chairman resigned, he's hugely popular at Whickham on and off the field, you can see that.

As for on the pitch, the league isn't going to lie and I'm as shocked as anyone as to how it hasn't worked. Some great players but not really entertaining to watch. Hopefully they'll pull it round but movement off the ball has been walking pace so hopefully the new management can work their magic.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:16 am 

Shola ameobi will get them up man.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:43 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Shola ameobi will get them up man.

I really hope this outrageous rumour is true! What a sight that would be.