It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:30 pm 

Windy, wind it in mate. Just respect the FA's decision and live with it

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:00 pm 

Terrierdave wrote:
Ultimately the only people who should care are those whose clubs are directly involved/affected by the FA's decisions. Have an opinion, yes, but outrage is unwarranted if you are not affected.

Got it in one. Unless your own club are directly affected i can't really see the reason for complaining.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:14 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Windy1970 wrote:
Terrierdave wrote:
Ultimately the only people who should care are those whose clubs are directly involved/affected by the FA's decisions. Have an opinion, yes, but outrage is unwarranted if you are not affected.

I’m not outraged, I’m just stunned that the F.A. Leagues committee hasn’t followed the F.A.’s standardised rules. Usually teams appeal & they lose their appeal because no rules have been broken. The main reason is usually being laterally transferred to a neighbouring league & that clubs players are from the opposite direction. The F.A. aren’t really sympathetic & upholds the League Committee’s decision. Last season an extra promotion was made available into the Midlands Football League. That particular league had 3 step 6 feeder leagues(MFL1, WMRL Prem & MFL1). The team expecting to be promoted was Tividale from the WMRL Prem, but Ilkeston were promoted instead. Tividale were told at their appeal, that the reason the extra promotion spot wasn’t given to them was because their wasn’t a direct link between the MFL Prem & WMRL Prem. Even though teams have always been promoted from that league(the winners but not runners up). But the F.A. asked for rules changes across step 6, which meant each league at step 5 & 6 would have the equal promotion & relegation. Previously some leagues at step 5 had either 0 relegations(ESL) or 2, 3 or 4 relegations. Whilst at step 6 there was 1, 2 or 3 promotion spots dependant on which part of the country you were in. That’s why the F.A. decided to change the rules & came up with 2 relegations from step 5 & 1 definite promotion from step 6. With the 9 best runners up on a ppg basis, with any extra promotions being given to the next best ppg basis team.
With teams being relegated from step 4, the rules would obviously mean lateral transfers were going to be more prevalent this season.
The F.A. then decided that ppg basis would be used for the relegation reprieved from step 6.
Whether you agree with the rule changes, the F.A. Leagues committee should have followed them. I doesn’t make me outraged that they haven’t. I’d just like to know the reasons why? Hopefully any clubs effected will win their appeals & I’m not sure if this will effect any other clubs. Or will some step 5 league’s run with 21 clubs next season?

I hope your keyboard survived that :wink:

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:16 pm 

yakka1 wrote:

I’ve never said that I would like to see a single club relegated from step 6. There are 18 spaces at step 6 & the F.A. relegated seven teams. One because they failed the ground grading & the six I mentioned. In my opinion because of geography. If anyone looks at the Hellenic League’s own website, you’ll see that the F.A. are in discussions at trying to get the Hellenic step 6 leagues up to 16 apiece(currently 14 & 15). So apart from Harleston(failed the grading), why don’t the F.A. reprieve all 6 clubs & laterally moved clubs around. Thus getting 16 clubs at least into the Hellenic League. This would have zero effect on the Northern League. The Northallerton/Frimley Green situation is totally different & has been discussed at length on this thread. The NL clubs have benefited twice this season. In seasons to come it might go against clubs in the region because of geography & if it’s your club or anyone else’s would you be happy?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:44 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
yakka1 wrote:

I’ve never said that I would like to see a single club relegated from step 6. There are 18 spaces at step 6 & the F.A. relegated seven teams. One because they failed the ground grading & the six I mentioned. In my opinion because of geography. If anyone looks at the Hellenic League’s own website, you’ll see that the F.A. are in discussions at trying to get the Hellenic step 6 leagues up to 16 apiece(currently 14 & 15). So apart from Harleston(failed the grading), why don’t the F.A. reprieve all 6 clubs & laterally moved clubs around. Thus getting 16 clubs at least into the Hellenic League. This would have zero effect on the Northern League. The Northallerton/Frimley Green situation is totally different & has been discussed at length on this thread. The NL clubs have benefited twice this season. In seasons to come it might go against clubs in the region because of geography & if it’s your club or anyone else’s would you be happy?

I dread to think what your predictions/permitations will be for next season when the Step 4 North East League is created

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:59 pm 

Isn’t it rather insular to think of just your own club rather than the bigger picture? And an I’m alright jack apathy unless it’s my club is screwed over!! Quite astounding really. What happened to right and wrong? And I was accused of taking the moral high ground!! At least there was a moral in it!! Windy has made loads of salient points to prove The FAs inconsistencies......but if your club isn’t affected then so what eh? Dog eat dog out there..... as Bedlington Terrier Dave implied!

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:15 pm 

Interpol wrote:
Isn’t it rather insular to think of just your own club rather than the bigger picture? And an I’m alright jack apathy unless it’s my club is screwed over!! Quite astounding really. What happened to right and wrong? And I was accused of taking the moral high ground!! At least there was a moral in it!! Windy has made loads of salient points to prove The FAs inconsistencies......but if your club isn’t affected then so what eh? Dog eat dog out there..... as Bedlington Terrier Dave implied!

Redcar Athletic know full well what it feels like to be treated differently & because of geography. I’m sure some will remember when the F.A. offered step 7 league’s 2 promotion places across the country & the only team that wasn’t promoted in the whole country was them. The NL refused to run with an extra club for 1 season & Redcar lost their appeal. I might be wrong but didn’t a team fold before the start of the season & the league ran with 21 clubs anyway?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:23 pm 

Was it Celtic Nation or Norton and Stockton?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:25 pm 

yakka1 wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
yakka1 wrote:

I dread to think what your predictions/permitations will be for next season when the Step 4 North East League is created

I know you are being ironic. However, the NL1 top 3 will be promoted(only 1 being relegated from each step 4 league, so unlikely any coming down from the NPL1NW)
12 of the 14 step 5 leagues bottom placed sides will be relegated. The 2 best bottom placed sides on a ppg basis will be reprieved.
From NL2 the top 4 will be promoted.
So the most likely outcome will be 3 up 1 down from NL1 & replaced by top 4 from NL2.
As for teams coming up from step 7 or lateral transfers from other leagues, we’ll have to wait & see. If loads apply from step 7 then the bottom 2 NL2 clubs are liable for relegation.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:29 pm 

Interpol wrote:
Was it Celtic Nation or Norton and Stockton?

I think it was N&S Ancients

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:40 pm 

Norton resigned during September or October during the season.... think it was 2016/17 because they beat us 2-1 at our place and other teams around us at the top had beaten them.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:42 pm 

With the breaking news that Gateshead have been kicked out of National League. With Dr Ranjan Varghese apparently still in charge, I think the end is nigh & this could resolve a few appeals that have been mentioned....

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:16 pm 

Interpol wrote:
Norton resigned during September or October during the season.... think it was 2016/17 because they beat us 2-1 at our place and other teams around us at the top had beaten them.

Norton & Stockton Ancients' last match was a 3-1 defeat at Heaton Stannington on 19/11/16.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:24 pm 

el Queso Grande wrote:
Interpol wrote:

Norton & Stockton Ancients' last match was a 3-1 defeat at Heaton Stannington on 19/11/16.

It was at Norton. (Pointless pedantry)

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:02 pm 

The fact Northallerton’s promotion is causing appeals from teams miles away shows what a farce this ppg thing is. The fa should determine how many teams from step 6 go up on a league by league basis as its obviously regional with alot of factors at play like shortage of clubs in some areas, more than one step 6 feeding into step 5 etc. Could always put a clause in the rules like: if teams fold we can reprieve clubs and promote as many extra clubs from league below as it takes to fill league. Hardly as if ground grading will affect things especially in the north east where some northern league 2nd division grounds are better than 1st division ones, Northallerton been a prime example

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next