It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:55 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 2:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 214
The team I support is irrelevant Wack. I’m a man of principle and fairness. If you find that disagreeable that’s your problem not mine. The facts remain, there is no justifiable reason for Northallertons promotion under the clear guidelines the FA set out. There is a dangerous precedent here and the FA have lost all respect at a time when then needed it and were looking for it. I like Northallerton as a club.... in fact I admire most NL clubs... but what’s the point of a following a system and then at the end of the season... make it up,as we go along. It’s amateurish and disrespectful in equal measure.

_________________
INTERPOL: MARAUDER:

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 250
Interpol wrote:
The team I support is irrelevant Wack. I’m a man of principle and fairness. If you find that disagreeable that’s your problem not mine. The facts remain, there is no justifiable reason for Northallertons promotion under the clear guidelines the FA set out. There is a dangerous precedent here and the FA have lost all respect at a time when then needed it and were looking for it. I like Northallerton as a club.... in fact I admire most NL clubs... but what’s the point of a following a system and then at the end of the season... make it up,as we go along. It’s amateurish and disrespectful in equal measure.

Hypothetical Question for you?
If Billingham had finished 3rd would you have said you shouldn't have been promoted. You will no doubt say yes but i bet Billingham would of taken it as would any club for that matter. Sometimes its going to work in a clubs favour sometimes not.
Good luck to Northallerton i hope they do well. Very well ran club and great facility.

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
No I in Team
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:15 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 214
Location: Billingham
Wack wrote:
I am surprised as a Billingham Town fan you seek to take the moral high ground :shock:


What do you mean by that?

_________________
www.billinghamtownfc.net
www.twitter.com/BillinghamTown
www.facebook.com/BillinghamTownFootballClub/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 100
Mr Pip wrote:
Guarantee if the promoted club was from the Durham/Newcastle/Sunderland area there wouldnt be as much uproar on here.

Hope any appeals are thrown out and Northallerton are allowed to continue with the prep work for division one.


Also Knaresborough is closer to Leeds/York than it is Northallerton


Biggest load of nonsense I’ve ever heard.

I have no issue with it at all I’m based in the North of the region.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 214
Neil.... I like to think there was no underlying reason for wacks comment. I could take the moral high ground comment if it was personal to me but who I support doesn’t matter. Town were champions so whether Northallerton went up is neither here nor there with me. It could be Durham for all i care... I’m annoyed at the FA not Northallerton.

_________________
INTERPOL: MARAUDER:

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 214
bigcbeat wrote:
Interpol wrote:
The team I support is irrelevant Wack. I’m a man of principle and fairness. If you find that disagreeable that’s your problem not mine. The facts remain, there is no justifiable reason for Northallertons promotion under the clear guidelines the FA set out. There is a dangerous precedent here and the FA have lost all respect at a time when then needed it and were looking for it. I like Northallerton as a club.... in fact I admire most NL clubs... but what’s the point of a following a system and then at the end of the season... make it up,as we go along. It’s amateurish and disrespectful in equal measure.

Hypothetical Question for you?
If Billingham had finished 3rd would you have said you shouldn't have been promoted. You will no doubt say yes but i bet Billingham would of taken it as would any club for that matter. Sometimes its going to work in a clubs favour sometimes not.
Good luck to Northallerton i hope they do well. Very well ran club and great facility.


It would be for the club to decide.. I’m not on the committee, just a supporter who likes his pen! My thoughts are my own. I would want Town to play at the highest level so I get that... but you have to feel for Frimley Green.

_________________
INTERPOL: MARAUDER:

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 100
That’s for the FA to decide not the NL or member clubs.

It’s almost two separate conversations


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 261
Location: Lab 207
I don't think anyone is having a dig at Northallerton at least I hope not. Northallerton have been given an early Christmas present for now and there will/ are obviously some other clubs who are upset that the FA have gone against their own guidelines but that is not Northallertons fault. I just hope the FA decide on what is going to happen for definite very quickly and well before any leagues start their rounds of AGM. The clock is ticking and lets face it the FA have not got a great track record in making sensible decisions at "grass roots" level.

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:38 pm
Posts: 211
Cestrian wrote:
I don't think anyone is having a dig at Northallerton at least I hope not. Northallerton have been given an early Christmas present for now and there will/ are obviously some other clubs who are upset that the FA have gone against their own guidelines but that is not Northallertons fault. I just hope the FA decide on what is going to happen for definite very quickly and well before any leagues start their rounds of AGM. The clock is ticking and lets face it the FA have not got a great track record in making sensible decisions at "grass roots" level.

totally agree.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 214
Spot on Cestrian. I wasn’t being quixotic.....well at least I don’t think so. Wasn’t supposed to be a Northallerton witch-hunt! Why would there be? Like you say....either way...the FA have to act fast....albeit a bit of explaining may appease some.

_________________
INTERPOL: MARAUDER:

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:38 pm
Posts: 18
Cestrian wrote:
...clubs who are upset that the FA have gone against their own guidelines...


This is all we need to reflect on, apart from who ever considered that the FA would deliver their decisions in a consistent manner in the season when they preaching consistency?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 277
I know a lot has been mentioned about Northallerton & Frimley Green. Can I just point out the F.A.’s inconsistency in regards to relegation from step 6. The F.A. rules stated that they would reprieve on a ppg basis:
Team. League. PPG. GD
FC Bolsover NCE1 0.816 -61
Raunds Town UCL1 0.816 -73
Harworth Coll NCE1 0.763 (Relegated)
Shifnal Town WMRL 0.737
Andover Town Wessex 0.722
Codicote Sparta. 0.711 (Relegated & finished 2nd bottom)
Totton & Eling Wessex 0.694 -49
Wisbech St M EC1N 0.694 -82
Brandon Utd North2 0.684
Ellesmere Ran NWC1S 0.658 -54
Daisy Hill NWC1N 0.658 -66
Bristol Telepho Western 0.632
Heath Hayes Midland1 0.611
Thrapston T UCL1 0.605 (Relegated)
Worthing Utd SoCo1 0.594
Cove CCL1 0.588 (Relegated)
Brightlingsea R ECS 0.556
Felixstowe & W EC1N 0.528
Hatfield Town Spartan 0.526 (Relegated)
Borrowash Vic EastMids 0.474
Nuneaton Griff Midland1 0.472
Durham City North2 0.447
Pegasus Junior WMRL 0.395
Fire United ECS 0.389
Atherton LR NWC1N 0.342 -106
Arnold Town EastMids 0.342 -119 (Relegated)
Stone Dominoe NWC1S 0.342 -121 (Relegated)
Chinnor H1E 0.292


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:58 am
Posts: 437
Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Ultimately the only people who should care are those whose clubs are directly involved/affected by the FA's decisions. Have an opinion, yes, but outrage is unwarranted if you are not affected.

_________________
Regards

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 277
Terrierdave wrote:
Ultimately the only people who should care are those whose clubs are directly involved/affected by the FA's decisions. Have an opinion, yes, but outrage is unwarranted if you are not affected.

I’m not outraged, I’m just stunned that the F.A. Leagues committee hasn’t followed the F.A.’s standardised rules. Usually teams appeal & they lose their appeal because no rules have been broken. The main reason is usually being laterally transferred to a neighbouring league & that clubs players are from the opposite direction. The F.A. aren’t really sympathetic & upholds the League Committee’s decision. Last season an extra promotion was made available into the Midlands Football League. That particular league had 3 step 6 feeder leagues(MFL1, WMRL Prem & MFL1). The team expecting to be promoted was Tividale from the WMRL Prem, but Ilkeston were promoted instead. Tividale were told at their appeal, that the reason the extra promotion spot wasn’t given to them was because their wasn’t a direct link between the MFL Prem & WMRL Prem. Even though teams have always been promoted from that league(the winners but not runners up). But the F.A. asked for rules changes across step 6, which meant each league at step 5 & 6 would have the equal promotion & relegation. Previously some leagues at step 5 had either 0 relegations(ESL) or 2, 3 or 4 relegations. Whilst at step 6 there was 1, 2 or 3 promotion spots dependant on which part of the country you were in. That’s why the F.A. decided to change the rules & came up with 2 relegations from step 5 & 1 definite promotion from step 6. With the 9 best runners up on a ppg basis, with any extra promotions being given to the next best ppg basis team.
With teams being relegated from step 4, the rules would obviously mean lateral transfers were going to be more prevalent this season.
The F.A. then decided that ppg basis would be used for the relegation reprieved from step 6.
Whether you agree with the rule changes, the F.A. Leagues committee should have followed them. I doesn’t make me outraged that they haven’t. I’d just like to know the reasons why? Hopefully any clubs effected will win their appeals & I’m not sure if this will effect any other clubs. Or will some step 5 league’s run with 21 clubs next season?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:52 pm
Posts: 11
Location: Great Ayton
Terrierdave wrote:
Ultimately the only people who should care are those whose clubs are directly involved/affected by the FA's decisions. Have an opinion, yes, but outrage is unwarranted if you are not affected.


Exactly, I do not see what all the fuss is about.
As someone else said, Northallerton are a well run club with great facilities and the scope to expand more if needed I would imagine.

One of my early favourites to do well next season.

_________________
League Cup Champions 2013/2014
Northern League Division 1 Champions 2014/2015
Northern League Division 1 Champions 2017/2018


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group