It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:50 am 

jay74 wrote:
el Queso Grande wrote:
Interpol wrote:
Norton resigned during September or October during the season.... think it was 2016/17 because they beat us 2-1 at our place and other teams around us at the top had beaten them.

Norton & Stockton Ancients' last match was a 3-1 defeat at Heaton Stannington on 19/11/16.

It was at Norton. (Pointless pedantry)

Correct. You spotted the deliberate mistake. (Unsuccessful attempt at saving face :twisted: )

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Post subject: Re: Northern League Constitutions
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:55 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
The fact Northallerton’s promotion is causing appeals from teams miles away shows what a farce this ppg thing is. The fa should determine how many teams from step 6 go up on a league by league basis as its obviously regional with alot of factors at play like shortage of clubs in some areas, more than one step 6 feeding into step 5 etc. Could always put a clause in the rules like: if teams fold we can reprieve clubs and promote as many extra clubs from league below as it takes to fill league. Hardly as if ground grading will affect things especially in the north east where some northern league 2nd division grounds are better than 1st division ones, Northallerton been a prime example

This can only work so far and should be worked out on a number of teams across all of step 6 rather than saying one up from this league 2 from another. Catchment areas from leagues will change and knaresborough can be moved to the enl just as easy as northallerton could end up in the necl. The FA have caused a problem this year by promoting a 3rd placed team ahead of other 2nd placed teams and reprieved step 5 relegated teams when this is what their rules stated at the start of the season. No 3rd placed club would have appealed 2nd placed clubs getting promoted but as a 3rd placed club has taken that place all second place clubs have the right to appeal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7