It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Gateshead phoenix club
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:21 pm 

With National League Gateshead left with just one person on the payroll, their fans are looking at starting a phoenix club. Would they end up in the Northern League like Darlo a few years ago?

Post subject: Re: Gateshead phoenix club
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:40 pm 

Jaguars wrote:
With National League Gateshead left with just one person on the payroll, their fans are looking at starting a phoenix club. Would they end up in the Northern League like Darlo a few years ago?

I suppose it depends on facilities and were they are looking to play there home matches. Can't see much happening at the stadium in the near future with the current mess that's going on.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:10 pm 

I’m guessing they wouldn’t start as high as Darlo who only started where they did due to safety concerns of the amount of supporters. Maybe NL division 2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:23 pm 

Until the current gateshead is wound up any other version of gateshead would not be classes as a phoenix club so i think the northern league is optimistic, more like wearside league.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:31 am 

I am not sure what the rules stipulate regarding phoenix clubs, but my opinion is they should always start at the lowest step (unless there is severe safety concerns regarding supporters.

If Gateshead supporters set up a new Club then I am certain they would have to start at step 7, is there a chance of this happening ?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:42 am 

Dont think you havs to be wound up.. Didnt northwich stadt a new club and still exhist alongside original club

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:28 am 

Northwich fans started a separate club and were accepted straight into the NWCFL Div 1 while the other Northwich continued on. Not sure if the rules are still the same and the NL could accept a side straight into NL2.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:43 am 

would be unfair to take a new club straight into step 6 when there step 7 clubs wanting to be promoted.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:33 pm 

They wouldn't start next season in a league unless exceptional circumstances - the new Rushden & Diamonds side had to wait a year before starting league football.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:35 pm 

Ilkeston started within weeks of going bust at step 6 ditto north ferriby but until the current gateshead is wound up rules state no higher than wearside level. However i have noticed some new sides like hashtag united or new breakaway/protest sides like northwich have started at step 6, im guessing they were allowed as the league they went in were short of clubs

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:52 pm 

It appears this is becoming reality with a new club been formed and work has been progressing behind the scenes for some time for a few weeks now.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:08 pm 

Doesn’t seem like a phoenix club, just supporters setting up a new club entirely. Good luck to them . I wonder where they might play , is Jarrow Roofing’s ground used ?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:11 am 

Wack wrote:
Doesn’t seem like a phoenix club, just supporters setting up a new club entirely. Good luck to them . I wonder where they might play , is Jarrow Roofing’s ground used ?

Im sure its only a matter of time before the authorities catch up with the original gateshead and they get liquidated so it would then be a phoenix club. Not sure what happened to jarrow roofings old ground. Would meet standards but im sure a somewhere in the borough of gateshead is prefered

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:26 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Wack wrote:

Im sure its only a matter of time before the authorities catch up with the original gateshead and they get liquidated so it would then be a phoenix club. Not sure what happened to jarrow roofings old ground. Would meet standards but im sure a somewhere in the borough of gateshead is prefered

They could always attache to a Team already established in Gateshead, There's Dunston, Whickham and Birtley Town in the Gateshead Borough , any Gateshead fans would be welcome to come along to Birtley.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:37 am 

Wack wrote:

It is wack. Saturday and Sunday mornings. Needs a good tidy up in there aswell by the looks of it.