It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: new-step-4-league
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:21 pm 

Sea View wrote:
Well whether people agree or not regarding promotion and it's virtually impossible to make a case against promotion, the Northern League as we've known it seemingly forever will be gone inside 10 years or so.
Think the Wearside League now and that's about where it will be.

I'm sorry what I meant is of course the league will still exist, but the standard will be not as we know it. There's simply not the clubs below step 6 to sustain the standard.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:19 am 

Of course you could argue that the standard of the Northern League is synthetic.
In that clubs not taking promotion led to a lack of North Eastern sides in the upper steps of the pyramid. Subsequently players of higher ability chose to stay in the Northern League rather than move elsewhere.
Enforced promotion and more clubs moving up into the Evo Stick may lessen the quality of the Northern League but it will simply rebalance the league to be on level with other step 5 and 6 leagues across the country.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:25 am 

Mr T-side wrote:
Of course you could argue that the standard of the Northern League is synthetic.
In that clubs not taking promotion led to a lack of North Eastern sides in the upper steps of the pyramid. Subsequently players of higher ability chose to stay in the Northern League rather than move elsewhere.
Enforced promotion and more clubs moving up into the Evo Stick may lessen the quality of the Northern League but it will simply rebalance the league to be on level with other step 5 and 6 leagues across the country.

Probably making it more competitive

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:58 am 

Mr T-side wrote:

True. And alot of clubs over the years would not go up unless they felt they would cruise the league above. That has skewed things and also resulted in barely any relegations into the league. I cant believe some are still moaning, what do they think they can do, compulsery promotion is here to stay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:22 pm 

Spot on Mr T Side. The NL domination of the FA Vase proves that point. Amos comes across as if the NL has some kind of divine self entitlement because it’s the second oldest league in the world. I couldn’t care less if it’s the oldest or newest, we are Step 5 and 6 leagues like every other bugger at this level. If the league is weaker, so be it.. I want my team to compete to the best of their capabilities...if that’s in the Wearside League or the evo stik then that’s what it will take...the NL is just like any other as far as I’m concerned. The league is there as part of the pyramid, not an oligarchy.

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:29 pm 

Mr T-side wrote:

Spot on.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:45 pm 

Mr T-side wrote:

One of the best and straight to the point posts on the subject.