It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:54 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: new-step-4-league
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:32 pm 

EBAC NORTHERN LEAGUE FAILS TO WIN NEW STEP 4 LEAGUE
The FA today informed the league that it has been unsuccessful in its application to run the new Step 4 league from the 2020/21 season.

Glenn Youngman, chairman of the Ebac Northern League, said:

“This is hugely disappointing news for the league and our clubs.

“We believe the decision will have far-reaching consequences for non-league football in the region.

“We will obviously need to discuss the implications of the decision.”

Post subject: Re: new-step-4-league
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:41 pm 

I’m not sure why it would make any difference who runs this division! Unless someone can enlighten me?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:54 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
I’m not sure why it would make any difference who runs this division! Unless someone can enlighten me?

I would also be interested in finding that out Windy, publicity, sponsorship opportunities ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:20 pm 

I fail to see how it will affect non league football in the region regardless of who runs it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:25 pm 

Had a good chat with Glenn the other week at the Billy Town v Crook game and I know he will be very disappointed as he was hopeful of a successful outcome. As I told him at the time the biggest barrier to a failed attempt was the incessant 15 to 20 years of negative and unnecessary digs and constant banging of heads with the FA from our former chairman or should I say dictator about everything and anything to do with the Northern League as part of the pyramid structure.
At the time I said the bridge building and trust that needed to be built up was probably two to three years awayfrom any sort of fruition. Only my personal opinion of course but all the doom and gloom Mike Amos spread for countless years is already proving to be utter nonsense and more clubs than he could ever dream of are or will be embracing the " radical " idea of promotion.
Not only has he scuppered this chance but he has already put the league back and it's natural level in the pyramid by at least one and if not two levels.
The league now is reaping what he sowed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:28 pm 

As said above will it make any difference who runs it, the fa decides who goes up and from what areas. The new league will feed into the evostick premier who already run divisions at step 4 so it makes sense they run the league, i presume it will be them running it yeah? As for
Far reaching consequences, how? Will the northern league try and block compulsory promotions or even try and leave the pyramid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:33 pm 

SEMI wrote:
Had a good chat with Glenn the other week at the Billy Town v Crook game and I know he will be very disappointed as he was hopeful of a successful outcome. As I told him at the time the biggest barrier to a failed attempt was the incessant 15 to 20 years of negative and unnecessary digs and constant banging of heads with the FA from our former chairman or should I say dictator about everything and anything to do with the Northern League as part of the pyramid structure.
At the time I said the bridge building and trust that needed to be built up was probably two to three years awayfrom any sort of fruition. Only my personal opinion of course but all the doom and gloom Mike Amos spread for countless years is already proving to be utter nonsense and more clubs than he could ever dream of are or will be embracing the " radical " idea of promotion.
Not only has he scuppered this chance but he has already put the league back and it's natural level in the pyramid by at least one and if not two levels.
The league now is reaping what he sowed.

I cant disagree with any of that. The decession is no shock to me. If the league had played ball years ago in the pyramid things would have been less skewed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:53 am 

They way I see it, is the EBAC NL are seething that the FA introduced enforced promotion. They’ve lost 2 of their top clubs last season & 1 more at the end of this. Next season they’ll lose 3 more & going forward 1 or 2 more each season(dependant on how teams perform in the inter league promotion playoffs. So the league wanted to keep some sort of control over their best clubs & this has been rejected. Going forward it wouldn’t surprise me if it takes quite a few years before any team is relegated back. It might not happen until the new step 4 league has equal parity between ex-NL & ex-NCEL clubs(10 from each). So teams that we aren’t looking at as potential promotion candidates will climb the pyramid. By then teams won’t get anywhere near the FA Vase final few rounds. I’m sure when the first team that asks for voluntary demotion, the NL & Mike Amos will bang the drums to how the pyramid has failed these clubs. Welcoming back those clubs like a delinquent teenager who left home too early & doesn’t know better.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:43 am 

Did the league think they could radically alter things in the pyramid if they ran the new league? Probably not as thats down to the fa. Seems they are spitting there dummy out. But what can they so as a retaliation, pull the league out of the pyramid, block clubs from going up?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:45 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Did the league think they could radically alter things in the pyramid if they ran the new league? Probably not as thats down to the fa. Seems they are spitting there dummy out. But what can they so as a retaliation, pull the league out of the pyramid, block clubs from going up?

It’s down to the clubs to make that decision. But in doing so the clubs wouldn’t be allowed to enter FA competitions & receive FA grants. The league would eventually wither & die.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:49 am 

Mike amos is talking as though its curtains for the league:
https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com/2019 ... ssion=true

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:53 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

It’s down to the clubs to make that decision. But in doing so the clubs wouldn’t be allowed to enter FA competitions & receive FA grants. The league would eventually wither & die.

Even if clubs did not want promotion im sure they would still want to enter fa competitions, get grants etc and you are right the league would implode but its the clubs that make a league who would probably be absorbed into say new ncel north divisions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:07 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Mike amos is talking as though its curtains for the league:
https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com/2019 ... ssion=true

Why is he talking about St George’s Day. A saint born in what is modern day Syria & the closest he ever came to England was an area within modern day Croatia. He’s only our patron saint because crusaders liked the stories about him & brought those stories back with them. Anyway history lesson over. The way I read it is the NL mantra over the years, over why promotion would kill clubs was a lie & the real reason was the league didn’t want to lose its best clubs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:17 am 

Mike has always been about the status quo... Using words like risible in his rant says it all. Out of touch...

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:19 am 

Windy.... I find it funny when England fans dress as Richard the first.... Who couldn't speak English... Only French!

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.