It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:32 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:42 pm
Posts: 19
Anyone think this is a good idea?
I think its bloody stupid myself!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:54 am
Posts: 217
Location: Arl owa.
I’m yet to meet anyone who thinks it’s a good idea.

_________________
For Each A Road, For Everyman A Religion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 315
Awful idea. Will cause mayhem on the touchline. Just imagine coaches and the player sin binned shouting on when they believe the 10 mins are up. What's a ref going to do if there is a mass brawl put both teams in the sin bin for 10 mins. . I know thats what its supposed to be aimed at cutting out and see where the are coming from but can only see pandamonium in the first season. Its been tried in lower leagues with mixed feelings. Must have been a nightmare when no linesmen. If there was a fourth official keeping the times it may work. Going to be interesting there's no doubt about that.

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
No I in Team
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:10 am
Posts: 28
Whose going to pay the expenses a fourth official. Its very hard already for some clubs to make payments to three officials.

If more than one player is sin binned who keeps the time elapsed for each individual.

Does the 10 minutes also cover injuries or is the clock stopped whilst a player is having treatment.

When can a player re-enter the field of play. Immediately 10 minutes is up or when there's a stoppage in play and is waved on by the Referee


This initiative together with the change in rules for next season is going to make life very confusing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 325
yakka1 wrote:
Whose going to pay the expenses a fourth official. Its very hard already for some clubs to make payments to three officials.

If more than one player is sin binned who keeps the time elapsed for each individual.

Does the 10 minutes also cover injuries or is the clock stopped whilst a player is having treatment.

When can a player re-enter the field of play. Immediately 10 minutes is up or when there's a stoppage in play and is waved on by the Referee


This initiative together with the change in rules for next season is going to make life very confusing

If it’s 10 minutes excluding injuries. Then what would stop players feigning injuries, so the 10 minutes are used up?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 251
Is it possible, that we can sin bin the buffoon who came up with this tomfoolery? I did see this used once as a kid in the 80s when clubs played indoor football during January and thought then it was like the game was turning into ice hockey!

_________________
INTERPOL: MARAUDER:

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 153
What happens with five minutes to go and you get sent to the sin bin. Does your unused five mins carry over to the next game. Balls to the sin bin just have stronger referees who stamp there authority on the game from the get go ie if he needs to send someone off or book someone early doors then he does it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 315
Heshootshescores wrote:
What happens with five minutes to go and you get sent to the sin bin. Does your unused five mins carry over to the next game. Balls to the sin bin just have stronger referees who stamp there authority on the game from the get go ie if he needs to send someone off or book someone early doors then he does it.


Have to agree with this. Leave it alone as it is now. Mental

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
No I in Team
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 285
Location: Lab 207
I think sin bins are a great idea at certain levels but have to agree that the management of them at our level would be nigh on impossible. For the leagues higher up the food chain and especially those that have fourth officials then I think they are they way to go for indiscipline.Orange card and ten minutes in the bin your team lose a goal or two indiscipline will soon stop. Agree difficult at our level though

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:27 am
Posts: 51
Great idea, works very well in Rugby, Ice Hockey and has done for many years, games have been spoilt when players have been sent off for a silly foul or a silly booking, Straight Reds Don’t come into it, it’s ideal for that player/Manager who just needs a few minutes to cool down, his own stupid fault if the opposition score during that time, bring it on in my opinion, should have been introduced years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:27 am
Posts: 51
Ps, I do agree more difficult to control at our level of football.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:54 am
Posts: 217
Location: Arl owa.
Lovenonleague wrote:
Great idea, works very well in Rugby, Ice Hockey and has done for many years, games have been spoilt when players have been sent off for a silly foul or a silly booking, Straight Reds Don’t come into it, it’s ideal for that player/Manager who just needs a few minutes to cool down, his own stupid fault if the opposition score during that time, bring it on in my opinion, should have been introduced years ago.


Except those sports have a stopped clock. So the biggest issue around it, according the responses on this board - remain unanswered.

_________________
For Each A Road, For Everyman A Religion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 285
Location: Lab 207
It's OK with the introduction of VAR football will be on a stopped clock system as well with the ref not in charge of the time and a man in stand controlling it all

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 8:19 am
Posts: 7
Location: cumbria
I'm confused already is it for any Yellow card offence or just a Refs discretion from what ive seen this season the are struggling with rules of the game as it is


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Sin Bin next season!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:54 pm
Posts: 153
So a player gets yellow carded five mins into a game for frustratingly kicking the ball away after conceding a free kick. His team go one nil up and let’s say half hour into the second half a player from the opposing side does exactly the same offence but the referee says no yellow son have ten minutes in the sin bin. This is now causing mayhem because the team chasing the game would rather have the yellow they want eleven on the pitch so they can grab there equaliser. No consistency there. This is just a kind of example as to some of the situations that will crop up. This is going to cause more harm than good.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group