Stockport County 1 Spennymoor 0
EvoStik Premier Division
South Shields 1 (Mason) Buxton 1 ,
Whitby 4 (Tymon 2, Fewster 2)Basford 1
EvoStik East
Marske 2 (Butterworth, Fairley) Belper 2,
Morpeth 3 (Walton, Turner, Taylor) Spalding 0
EBAC Northern League Division One
Bishop Auckland 3 (Johnson, Hoganson, Winn) Penrith 5 (Galbraith og, Coleman 3, Clarke)
Dunston uTS 1 (Fitzpatrick) West Auckland 0,
Hebburn Town 3 (Armstrong, Suddick, Richardson) Sunderland RCA 2 (Swansbury, McAloon),
Newcastle Benfield 2 (Lovett og, Brayson) Guisborough 1 (Earl),
Newton Aycliffe 1 (Wood) Ashington 1 (Buchanan),
Seaham Red Star 2 (Chilton 2) North Shields 0,
Shildon 3 (Atkinson, Duell, Greulich-Smith) Consett 0
Stockton Town 4 (Woodhouse, Coleman 2, Stockton) Whickham 2 (Stevens, Cowburn),
Division Two
Bedlington 0 Redcar Athletic 3 (Preston 3),
Brandon 1 (Joyeux) Birtley 1 (Hill),
Crook Town 1 (Petitjean) West Allotment 1 (Hayton)
Easington 1 (Home-Jackson) Northallerton 2 (Ramsbottom, Ball og),
Heaton Stannington 0 Chester-le-Street 0,
Ryton and Crawcrook 3 (Norris, Jasper 2) Jarrow 1 (Higham),
Thornaby 2 (Bailey, Howes) Billingham Town 1 (Beddow),
Tow Law 3 (Kirkup, Pennal, Milburn)Durham City 0,
Washington 1 Billingham Synthonia 3 (Smith, Johnson, bligh)

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... /division1

Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:29 pm 

Cracking results at the top of NL1!

Allez les bleus!

1883, the eruption of Krakatoa!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:21 pm 

Dunston_Mag wrote:
Cracking results at the top of NL1!

Maximum of 4 wins for the title & promotion. The way it’s going it’ll be less than that though

Last edited by Windy1970 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:32 pm 

I’d be interested to know the thoughts of Bishops fans after today’s surprise result against Penrith. I certainly didn’t see that result coming.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:48 pm 

DANNY wrote:
I’d be interested to know the thoughts of Bishops fans after today’s surprise result against Penrith. I certainly didn’t see that result coming.

Thoughts are probably the same as yourself. They didn't see that coming. Just at a guess.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:03 pm 

DANNY wrote:

Losing our goalkeeper and a defender last week has taken its toll on our team.
Take nothing away from Penrith they deserved to win.
That said after last season it's been a remarkable turnaround next season will be our time !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:51 am 

Hope bishop go up but it always seems the same excuse ,,build for next season,blah blah,if your good enough you gain promotion ,it just seems every year the same old tripe comes out albeit Bishop are having a good season that’s been better than the last ten year.as a bishop supporter for the last 35 year my honest opinion is we might get promoted when all the best teams have before us and probably will happen in the next 5 to 7 years

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:44 am 

From what I can gather, with the situation of some sides at step four, it likes likely that two sides could be promoted from The NL this season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:26 am 

DANNY wrote:
From what I can gather, with the situation of some sides at step four, it likes likely that two sides could be promoted from The NL this season.

Only 1 club can be promoted from each step 5 league. There will be no 2nd placed clubs being promoted. If extra places are made available, then reprieves will be handed out on a ppg basis & be kept within league’s. For instance, if Colwyn Bay resigns before the 31st March deadline, then a NPL1W club will be reprieved. After this time it’ll be on a ppg basis between the NPL1W & NPL1E. So it won’t effect the Southern or Isthmian League’s, like in previous seasons. Where we see 7 or 8 clubs being moved around or promoted etc
*the only thing that might change the FA’s rules & regs. Is the fact that numerous clubs have been warned about the ground grading and if shed loads fail(because there was quite a few across step 4 warned) then it’s at the LC descretion as to what they do. But if extra promotions were handed out, then it’ll be across step 5 on a ppg basis.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:23 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
DANNY wrote:

Only 1 club can be promoted from each step 5 league. There will be no 2nd placed clubs being promoted. If extra places are made available, then reprieves will be handed out on a ppg basis & be kept within league’s. For instance, if Colwyn Bay resigns before the 31st March deadline, then a NPL1W club will be reprieved. After this time it’ll be on a ppg basis between the NPL1W & NPL1E. So it won’t effect the Southern or Isthmian League’s, like in previous seasons. Where we see 7 or 8 clubs being moved around or promoted etc
*the only thing that might change the FA’s rules & regs. Is the fact that numerous clubs have been warned about the ground grading and if shed loads fail(because there was quite a few across step 4 warned) then it’s at the LC descretion as to what they do. But if extra promotions were handed out, then it’ll be across step 5 on a ppg basis.

I’ll bow to your better knowledge.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:29 pm 

DANNY wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
DANNY wrote:

I’ll bow to your better knowledge.

If you read the National League Systems rules for this season, it explains in full what the different promotion & relegation criteria for each level. The fact that the FA have taken full control of promotion & relegation from steps 1-7. Doesn’t leave any wriggle room for individual leagues. So when people on the local radio shows, or Mike Amos mentions in his blog that they don’t know how many potential promotion or relegations there’ll be in the NL1 & NL2. Then they haven’t read these rules! Anyone that’s had dealings with the FA or the FA’s League Committee, will know that they stick by these rules(unless there’s a caveat that mentions LC discretion in the rules). Section 5 in the link lays out the promotion criteria for each step!
http://www.hallmarksecurityleague.com/i ... 018-19.pdf