It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:07 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Saturday results and scorers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:45 pm 

marron04 wrote:
Wack CLS have never paid players for the past 5 seasons
We have a players pool, which we ourselves organise functions to top it up.

Might be hard to believe but lads want to play for CLS, none are interested in packets and we have a committee scraping every penny together for the clubhouse.
Again could it be that because your club spunks thousands a season to finish outside the promotion places make it hard for you to accept little Chester le street don't pay but can put together a very good side?

Where does the players pool come from?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:07 pm 

From the functions that the lads arrange and prize money/gate money from cup games and as far as I know there's money from committee per win.
Players pool money is divided up at the end of the season and it's based on the games a player was available.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:16 pm 

I thought it was common knowledge that Chester didn’t pay their players. They went up several seasons back. They do a cracking job there and proof that it can be done but extremely difficult to do so. When Darren Trotter was in charge at Billingham Town with a 0 budget I think we finished fourth bottom.

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:29 pm 

It is common knowledge mate within players and gaffers in the League.
Hope to catch up with you Friday night at our game

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:05 pm 

marron04 wrote:
Wack CLS have never paid players for the past 5 seasons
We have a players pool, which we ourselves organise functions to top it up.

Might be hard to believe but lads want to play for CLS, none are interested in packets and we have a committee scraping every penny together for the clubhouse.
Again could it be that because your club spunks thousands a season to finish outside the promotion places make it hard for you to accept little Chester le street don't pay but can put together a very good side?

So you don’t pay players expenses ....apart from a lump sum at the end of the season . I can’t see how that’s any different, but it obviously works for you up there so fair play .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:47 am 

The lump sum is from the players pool. The committee give the players pool £50 per win at the end of the season. My pay out was £442 over a 36 week period equating to just over £12 the majority of which the players generate ourselves.
Now if it makes you sleep easy that the committee top up our players pool then great.
But it's not brown packets or over 28 grand a season to bottle promotion season after season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:06 am 

Why has this managed to get into a post about Budgets ? Everyone knows those that chuck money around and those who dont. You shouldn't need to explain yourself Maz. What people sometimes dont think of is there are a lot of players who are prepared to play for the enjoyment . Both Chester and ourselves dont pay , maybe there are others but not many. Our players certainly work hard to ensure they have a decent pool at the end of the season. Yes we help them with a very small contribution which i have no doubt the players are happy with. If we can continue do grow as a club thats what its about. Chester have proven this over a long period i hope we can do the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:14 am 

Northallerton hurting from 2 defeats by little Chester ? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:47 am 

marron04 wrote:
The lump sum is from the players pool. The committee give the players pool £50 per win at the end of the season. My pay out was £442 over a 36 week period equating to just over £12 the majority of which the players generate ourselves.
Now if it makes you sleep easy that the committee top up our players pool then great.
But it's not brown packets or over 28 grand a season to bottle promotion season after season.

I have a lot of respect for CLS, and we always enjoy going there , spending handsomely in the bar (and the expensive pub outside ) and it is interesting how the players pool works , I've never come across it before, that said I have little idea how Clubs work their finances. Whilst I agree you don't have a weekly budget, you do get recompense for playing football, and so you should if Clubs can afford it. That was my point earlier in the thread.

As for my own Club, its ran as a Members Club , so what the Members vote to do with income generated is purely up to them, although as a member myself I am passionate about infrastructure and I am pleased the Club always trying to improve facilities :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:08 am 

Wack wrote:
marron04 wrote:
Now if it makes you sleep easy that the committee top up ourNot been to northallerton for a while but was always a tidy well kept ground love the little main stand, better than morpeth or marskes grounds who play 2 divisions higher players pool then great.

I have a lot of respect for CLS, and we always enjoy going there , spending handsomely in the bar (and the expensive pub outside ) and it is interesting how the players pool works , I've never come across it before, that said I have little idea how Clubs work their finances. Whilst I agree you don't have a weekly budget, you do get recompense for playing football, and so you should if Clubs can afford it. That was my point earlier in the thread.

As for my own Club, its ran as a Members Club , so what the Members vote to do with income generated is purely up to them, although as a member myself I am passionate about infrastructure and I am pleased the Club always trying to improve facilities :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:09 am 

Not been to northallerton for a while but was always a tidy well kept ground love the little main stand, better than morpeth or marskes grounds who play 2 divisions higher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:40 am 

Si_kirk wrote:
Not been to northallerton for a while but was always a tidy well kept ground love the little main stand, better than morpeth or marskes grounds who play 2 divisions higher

Morpeths ground has improved hugely in recent years

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:43 am 

bigcbeat wrote:
Why has this managed to get into a post about Budgets ? Everyone knows those that chuck money around and those who dont. You shouldn't need to explain yourself Maz. What people sometimes dont think of is there are a lot of players who are prepared to play for the enjoyment . Both Chester and ourselves dont pay , maybe there are others but not many. Our players certainly work hard to ensure they have a decent pool at the end of the season. Yes we help them with a very small contribution which i have no doubt the players are happy with. If we can continue do grow as a club thats what its about. Chester have proven this over a long period i hope we can do the same.

It’s a contentious subject that many people like to chat about. Billingham Town are doing extremely well in the league, but so they should be. The real success is off the field there and how they have turned things round and managed to generate the funding through sponsorships etc

Players pool is a concept that has been going round for years, largely who clubs who can’t guarantee a pay out every week. As maz has just explained they effectively get £10per week, but it’s managed and raised by everyone and then paid out at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:01 pm 

england wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:

It’s a contentious subject that many people like to chat about. Billingham Town are doing extremely well in the league, but so they should be. The real success is off the field there and how they have turned things round and managed to generate the funding through sponsorships etc

Players pool is a concept that has been going round for years, largely who clubs who can’t guarantee a pay out every week. As maz has just explained they effectively get £10per week, but it’s managed and raised by everyone and then paid out at the end of the season.

If a club has a good season it always perceived that they are throwing money around like confetti. Thats not always the case. As mentioned earlier promotion can be achieved without paying silly money in some cases.
It will take some achieving now with the changes being made but that's what all clubs are aiming for at the end of the day. We will cut our cloth accordingly and never put the club in a financially risky position again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:27 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
england wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:

If a club has a good season it always perceived that they are throwing money around like confetti. Thats not always the case. As mentioned earlier promotion can be achieved without paying silly money in some cases.
It will take some achieving now with the changes being made but that's what all clubs are aiming for at the end of the day. We will cut our cloth accordingly and never put the club in a financially risky position again.

Of course Colin hence why people like talking about it. What constitutes a good budget is different for everyone, just like under / over performing