All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Promotion
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:28 pm 

Sea View wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
Lovenonleague wrote:
Personally if i was the FA I wouldn't touch any University team, just got to look at Team Bath & Team Northumbria, they'll drop any league in it, if and when they feel like it.

due to failures over the years they should also be wary of admitting teams into leagues who are playing out of there home towns, often to gain promotion.

Well in the case of Sunderland West End as the crow flies there ground is only a couple of miles from Nissan, and last time I looked both Ford Quarry and Nissan were both in Sunderland.

Was thinking more newcastle uni, a new team playing out of town

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:05 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
There isn't much the FA can do if they meet the criteria. Id be as nervous promoting a reserve team, bearing in mind the costs to run a team in the Northern League.

That’s where you alter the rules, clamp down on the security of tenure etc[/quote]
Teams are circumnavigating the Reserve team rule these days anyway. Brackley Town Saints from the Hellenic League were Brackley Town Reserves. They slightly changed their constitution & are in chance of promotion up to step 4. They share the same website as Brackley Town, use the same insignia & if you ask anyone from the club they’ll tell you that they are the Reserves.[/quote]

If they clamped down on security of tenure, I suspect there might be a few teams in hot water

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:43 am 

I wouldn't let Sunderland West End in because it looks like in a seasons time it would be another bloody plastic pitch. Nothing against the club just cannot abide watching games on plastic carpets

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:26 am 

Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
There isn't much the FA can do if they meet the criteria. Id be as nervous promoting a reserve team, bearing in mind the costs to run a team in the Northern League.

That’s where you alter the rules, clamp down on the security of tenure etc

Teams are circumnavigating the Reserve team rule these days anyway. Brackley Town Saints from the Hellenic League were Brackley Town Reserves. They slightly changed their constitution & are in chance of promotion up to step 4. They share the same website as Brackley Town, use the same insignia & if you ask anyone from the club they’ll tell you that they are the Reserves.[/quote]

If they clamped down on security of tenure, I suspect there might be a few teams in hot water[/quote]

Suppose that’s the point wack, would they have had the issues with Blyth etc if they had of, I suspect not

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:33 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
I wouldn't let Sunderland West End in because it looks like in a seasons time it would be another bloody plastic pitch. Nothing against the club just cannot abide watching games on plastic carpets

There’s going to be a lot of 3-4G pitches popping up now especially with new facilities. I would guess that once the Uni have theirs built it will be 4G.
Personally I hate them , ok to train on to save ruining your pitch but all the same not for me. I was talking to a few of the West allotment lads and they despise playing every week on it .

I do think the rule change if it has been changed, of having to play on the same pitch you gained promotion on for the full following season is a good one .
It plain and simple and for all to remember before making an application.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:49 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Cestrian wrote:

There’s going to be a lot of 3-4G pitches popping up now especially with new facilities. I would guess that once the Uni have theirs built it will be 4G.
Personally I hate them , ok to train on to save ruining your pitch but all the same not for me. I was talking to a few of the West allotment lads and they despise playing every week on it .

I do think the rule change if it has been changed, of having to play on the same pitch you gained promotion on for the full following season is a good one .

Ironically I heard Harrogate Town have to install a grass pitch on top of theirs if they get promoted to the Football League.

Ive said it before, these pitches don't last forever, and at £150,000 plus a pop who is going to pay to replace them in 15 years time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:01 pm 

Wack wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Cestrian wrote:

Ironically I heard Harrogate Town have to install a grass pitch on top of theirs if they get promoted to the Football League.

Ive said it before, these pitches don't last forever, and at £150,000 plus a pop who is going to pay to replace them in 15 years time.

Suppose you have to budget for that by putting so much to one side each week for when it needs renewed . I would sooner spend 15o k on the ground tbh . Top of the range grass with first class drainage and good maintenance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:33 pm 

Wack wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Cestrian wrote:

The profit should pay for it, if you don’t have a business model that is going to yield a return it’s pointless having it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:30 am 
Site Admin

Wack wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Cestrian wrote:

At the recent league roadshow we had a presentation from CLS who installed Consett's pitch and the sums that can be made are incredible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:39 am 

No doubting that, but has to be managed properly or could end up an expensive eyesore when its shelf life runs out. Consett are a great example of making a success of these facilities. There are some tho that have been let go to the point they are horrendous. I was astounded at the state of Gateshead Stadiums 3g when last there. I do believe that has had an overhaul since then.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:47 am 
Site Admin

Aye any thoughts that maintenance isn't required for a 3g is completely wrong. I'm sure at the roadshow they said if the pitch is utilised well, then maintenance hours are as much as for a grass pitch.

Some 3g pitches that aren't looked after are absolutely shocking. Then again the same can be said for grass pitches as well!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:40 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
No doubting that, but has to be managed properly or could end up an expensive eyesore when its shelf life runs out. Consett are a great example of making a success of these facilities. There are some tho that have been let go to the point they are horrendous. I was astounded at the state of Gateshead Stadiums 3g when last there. I do believe that has had an overhaul since then.

New feerens park 3g pitch looked bad last time i was there, then again the whole ground looked like it had seen better days.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:49 pm 

Wack wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Cestrian wrote:

A lot more than £150000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:54 pm 

It plain and simple and for all to remember before making an application.[/quote]

Ive said it before, these pitches don't last forever, and at £150,000 plus a pop who is going to pay to replace them in 15 years time.[/quote]

At the recent league roadshow we had a presentation from CLS who installed Consett's pitch and the sums that can be made are incredible.[/quote]

Yeah but the more 4g pitches there are the more competition, which will lead to driving prices down and ultimately profit margins go down aswell. My Sunday side paid for Gateshead collleges 3G pitch in August and it was in a terrible state. We said we wouldn’t go back.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:20 am 
Site Admin

Oink Oink wrote:
Wack wrote:

A lot more than £150000

I think Wack is talking about replacement carpets rather than initial installation. Looking at roughly £120k depending on size.