It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Promotion
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:50 pm 

Sir Rodney Effing wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Sunderland West End's new ground which is under construction going to have a 3g pitch ?

Correct.

Post subject: Re: Promition
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:31 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
england wrote:
Anyone know where they have to finish to gain promotion?

It’s the highest placed applicant, that achieves a top 5 position & passes the ground grading.

But nobody will pass the ground grading, so when is that decided?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:58 pm 

england wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
england wrote:

It’s the highest placed applicant, that achieves a top 5 position & passes the ground grading.

But nobody will pass the ground grading, so when is that decided?

So Sunderland WE & Newcastle Uni won’t pass?
They’ve got to pass the ground grading inspection by the 31st March deadline & the club’s will get an indication from the inspectors the results. Then they won’t actually know if they’re promoted until the FA announces the step 5/6 constitutions(late May)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:33 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
england wrote:

But nobody will pass the ground grading, so when is that decided?[/quote]
So Sunderland WE & Newcastle Uni won’t pass?
They’ve got to pass the ground grading inspection by the 31st March deadline & the club’s will get an indication from the inspectors the results. Then they won’t actually know if they’re promoted until the FA announces the step 5/6 constitutions(late May)[/quote]

Sorry I wasn’t referring to those teams in particular, I was just pointing out that it’s never a simple situation. You originally stated that clubs that achieve the highest position and pass the ground grading. It’s unlikely that many promoted clubs will pass straight away, as they have the deadlines of the end of the next season (September and March), to be fully compliant. It can sometimes leave you in limbo, where authorities have to be sure you are making enough steps to ensure that will happen.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:47 pm 

West End and The Uni will both pass grading albeit by ground sharing in West’s case until the ground is ready . From what I have been told the Uni will be at Prudhoe until their facility is built. I don’t know what the Uni’s surface will be but would think 3G . Surprised Killingworth havnt applied as they have a very good squad and ground wouldn’t take much work to achieve grading .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:46 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
West End and The Uni will both pass grading albeit by ground sharing in West’s case until the ground is ready . From what I have been told the Uni will be at Prudhoe until their facility is built. I don’t know what the Uni’s surface will be but would think 3G . Surprised Killingworth havnt applied as they have a very good squad and ground wouldn’t take much work to achieve grading .

Killingworth are developing their ground over the summer & next season. I think they are among a few step 7 league clubs. That are awaiting what the F.A. does with the restructuring in the summer. If the NL2 needs 8 or 10 clubs from the feeder leagues, then expect the F.A. to offer numerous promotions & potentially cherry picking sides with the correct ground grading

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:53 am 

Personally if i was the FA I wouldn't touch any University team, just got to look at Team Bath & Team Northumbria, they'll drop any league in it, if and when they feel like it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:05 am 

Lovenonleague wrote:
Personally if i was the FA I wouldn't touch any University team, just got to look at Team Bath & Team Northumbria, they'll drop any league in it, if and when they feel like it.

Not saying I wouldn’t entertain them, but huge risk when it’s not the primary focus of the organisation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:08 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:

due to failures over the years they should also be wary of admitting teams into leagues who are playing out of there home towns, often to gain promotion.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:53 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Lovenonleague wrote:

due to failures over the years they should also be wary of admitting teams into leagues who are playing out of there home towns, often to gain promotion.

There isn't much the FA can do if they meet the criteria. Id be as nervous promoting a reserve team, bearing in mind the costs to run a team in the Northern League.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:45 pm 

Agree about reserve teams, not 100% sure if reserve team football is the future with so many clubs up and down the Country now running Academy's, but hey that's just my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:18 pm 

Wack wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:
Lovenonleague wrote:

There isn't much the FA can do if they meet the criteria. Id be as nervous promoting a reserve team, bearing in mind the costs to run a team in the Northern League.

That’s where you alter the rules, clamp down on the security of tenure etc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:16 pm 

Are there no rules saying how far a team can play from the town/city they represent? Things seemed alot stricter a few year ago about where teams played, ground shares etc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:25 pm 

There isn't much the FA can do if they meet the criteria. Id be as nervous promoting a reserve team, bearing in mind the costs to run a team in the Northern League.[/quote]

That’s where you alter the rules, clamp down on the security of tenure etc[/quote]
Teams are circumnavigating the Reserve team rule these days anyway. Brackley Town Saints from the Hellenic League were Brackley Town Reserves. They slightly changed their constitution & are in chance of promotion up to step 4. They share the same website as Brackley Town, use the same insignia & if you ask anyone from the club they’ll tell you that they are the Reserves.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:27 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Lovenonleague wrote:

Well in the case of Sunderland West End as the crow flies there ground is only a couple of miles from Nissan, and last time I looked both Ford Quarry and Nissan were both in Sunderland.