It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:15 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mike Amos’s blog ‘Grass Routes’
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

Aren't there plans for a new clubhouse and changing rooms at CLS anyway? (Subject to funding.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:48 pm 

Plans for a clubhouse mate, not changing rooms.
However we are way way short of the funding needed. Personally I'm not sure why we need a two storey clubhouse, a newer prefab building would do for me. That's just my opinion of course

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:54 pm 

marron04 wrote:
However we are way way short of the funding needed. Personally I'm not sure why we need a two storey clubhouse, a newer prefab building would do for me. That's just my opinion of course

I suspect its difficult getting funding for a Clubhouse as its not an FA requirement at lower levels. You are right though, there's some good example of pre fab club houses around, Norton for example.

Gone have the days where a Clubhouse could make £700-£1000 a week profit for football.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:57 pm 

Wack wrote:
marron04 wrote:

I suspect its difficult getting funding for a Clubhouse as its not an FA requirement at lower levels. You are right though, there's some good example of pre fab club houses around, Norton for example.

Gone have the days where a Clubhouse could make £700-£1000 a week profit for football.

Clubhouse could make that amount if used properly , for example I would bet that consett do. This is where the conversation about 4G pitches can be a broader one, rather than just the surface they play on

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:40 pm 

Our clubhouse at Birtley is doing a great job for us. Its 3 old prefab classrooms put to good use. Keep trying to make it better with what we make from it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

marron04 wrote:

Ah right, cheers Maz. Thought it was changing rooms downstairs. Not a small project but good to have ambition.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:55 pm 

As many people who know me will know I’ve never been a fan of Mike Amos, nothing personal against Mike, Just we are miles apart in our thoughts on how the pyramid system should be run, to me Mike was so old school and out of touch with the modern day, He’s more Betamax than IPhone, I would recommend everybody take the time and read an article from a local guy called Darren Tinmouth, Plus other articles he’s written, this guy is very very passionate about non league football, he writes more sense in one article than I’m sad to say in twenty years of Mike Amos’s drivel, Just my opinion by the way.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:25 pm 

You are of course entitled to your opinion on mike's views as he would be entitled to a right of reply but to say he writes drivel is in my opinion absolute drivel. Can I ask how many awards you have received for your prose and what qualifications do you have to call his excellent writings drivel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:34 pm 

What’s qualifications got to do with it??, I totally understand you’ll want to have your friends back, very honourable of You, But we have to agree Mike was all about his own interests (Northern League) But couldn’t careless about forward thinking clubs, again my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:06 pm 

The qualification is what right or indeed experience do you have calling a professional journalists award winning writings drivel. I also disagree when you say Mike was all about his own interests he fought hard for the northern league and did a great jobas chairman . I am sorry but I cannot recall a club being stopped taking promotion by Mike Amos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:30 pm 

Mike or the league never stopped a club going up at least i dont recall it but he never encouraged it either and used 2 well known failures (durham and blue star) as reasons against it. Mike became chairman when clubs never really paid big money out and anyone could win the league but that soon changed and the likes of bedlington terriers and a few after them just ruined north east non league and should have been forced up but mike never agreed with this. Now hes not chairman i enjoy his articles more and cant argue with his knowledge of pubs and beer, he knows his pubs and is a stickler for a traditional pub

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:06 pm 

Regarding the new ground at Durham HQ I spoke to the Durham lads on Saturday and the club not a million miles away is not them . They didn’t have any knowledge of it at all .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:54 pm 

Can’t deny Mike enjoys a good proper beer and clearly knows a good boozer, just going to throw this one out there for everyone, please take the timeout and read a few articles from Darren Tinmouth, yes he might be young and probably wet by the ears, but his youth shows enthusiasm and his love for non league football and his passion for how the future should are might pan out makes interesting reading, Darren has probably become the go to guy on social media throughout the whole of North England, please don’t dismiss him off, I could see Darren & Mike having a beer or two, Ok they might not agree, but I would like to think a mutual respect would be earned??.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:17 pm 

Any chance you could throw up a link or two to Darren's stuff? Google only leads me to his FB page and I can't find any of his material on there. Would be interested in having a read.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:09 am 

Mike Amos blog gives a little more information about the new step 4 league & how it’ll effect the NL https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next