It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: What do you want for xmas ???
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:50 am 

marron04 wrote:
TUSSFC wrote:
I just hope we (Heaton Stan) keep our squad in tact. In previous years we have lost key players to Div 1 sides and it's impacted our run of form. Otherwise, the club is in good shape. Great bunch of lads on the pitch, great coaching team and the volunteers are all brilliant.

Just out of interest which players left Stan to go to first division clubs? I can only think of Jon Wright
There's Jake Turnbull at Ashington.

'Say, hey Johnny boy, the battle call
United we stand, divided we fall
Together we are what we can't be alone
We came to this country, you made it our home.'

Dropkick Murphys - 'Boys on the Dock'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:40 am 

Hoopy wrote:
marron04 wrote:
TUSSFC wrote:
I just hope we (Heaton Stan) keep our squad in tact. In previous years we have lost key players to Div 1 sides and it's impacted our run of form. Otherwise, the club is in good shape. Great bunch of lads on the pitch, great coaching team and the volunteers are all brilliant.

Just out of interest which players left Stan to go to first division clubs? I can only think of Jon Wright
There's Jake Turnbull at Ashington.

See Jack Cooper recently returned to North Shields,

Andy Robertson joined and left for Whitley but then re joined

Julian petrache left for Jarrow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:55 pm 

Petrache and Turnbull are the two which have hit us in previous years.

Wright hasn't really been a loss (surprising considering how prolific he was) - the players we have brought in have been brilliant. Specifically keen to keep hold of Robbo, Burns and C. Campbell. I'm sure there will be plenty of D1 clubs interested in them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:46 pm 

Just touching on what England has said,there seems to be a real development in the clubs around the Sheilds, Hebburn, Jarrow, area.

Sometimes this comes with a upturn in the financial situation of a district through investment in infrastructure of the towns which has a knock on effect, is this the case up their or is there another reason??

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:44 pm 

Hoopy wrote:
OhMightyOne wrote:
As an Ashington fan, quite honestly, nothing.

We have had a hard few weeks playing Shildon, Bishops, Dunston and then Consett and have come away with only a two points, however on another day it could have quite easily been 10 points or more. We are playing good football, seem to have a good team spirit and are genuinely in a false league position, something which Consett eluded to after we played them. I just want our current standard of football to continue as there will be a time at some point this season it'll click and we'll beat someone comfortably.

It's interesting how opinions differ, and I accept I've missed a few of those games mentioned but for me across the season we need to add to the squad in every position. We're giving far too many soft goals away, and we cannot score for the life of us. Admittedly getting Buchanan back fit will help things but we could still do with more cover in there, as well as additions up front and in midfield. I'm far from convinced our league position is 'false'. Granted the spirit and work rate is (usually) there but the quality isn't. We're where we are on merit.

I wouldn't change the management though, Bowey has us trying to play the ball on the floor and attack which is what all fans want to see from their team. And with the new chairman, board etc in place I think we're healthier off the pitch than we've been for years. So for Christmas, apart from 5 new players, I'd like an extra couple of hundred through the gate each game please.

Im referring specifically to the last few weeks. We did have a bad spell, some really poor performances but it has really picked up. Those last four games have been a turning point, despite only picking up two points. We look dangerous and are just not getting the rub of the green. I know you make your own luck but for example we could have easily been 2-0 up at Consett, hitting the post twice and then having one cleared off the line. When you look at those results, and performances against clubs which are going to be up there I cannot fault our team in any way. I maintain what I said before, false position.

Last edited by OhMightyOne on Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:13 pm 

TUSSFC wrote:
Petrache and Turnbull are the two which have hit us in previous years.

Wright hasn't really been a loss (surprising considering how prolific he was) - the players we have brought in have been brilliant. Specifically keen to keep hold of Robbo, Burns and C. Campbell. I'm sure there will be plenty of D1 clubs interested in them.

We had two very tough games against Stan this season.
Great club and a support to back the players as well

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:41 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
Just touching on what England has said,there seems to be a real development in the clubs around the Sheilds, Hebburn, Jarrow, area.

Sometimes this comes with a upturn in the financial situation of a district through investment in infrastructure of the towns which has a knock on effect, is this the case up their or is there another reason??

Jarrow worked there nuts off to get to the northern league. South Shields had a money man come knocking on the door, Hebburn also had money men come in and the rest is history.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:33 am 

CLS ..... a fit again Andrew Clarkson and Josh King finding the form from the back end of last season would be a great

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:16 pm 

Hodko wrote:
CLS ..... a fit again Andrew Clarkson and Josh King finding the form from the back end of last season would be a great

One of the most underated players about imo. at what he brings to a team.