It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Here Comes Jack
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:29 pm 

Jack Frost that is! With temps forecast for -2 and -3c around the North East through the night are we going to see a number of games called off tomorrow for frozen pitches? I've seen a forecast of temperatures only then getting as high as 3c tomorrow afternoon. Not looking too promising especially for teams in land at a higher level than those based around the coast, who it looks like may miss the worst of the frost forecast from my understanding.

Post subject: Re: Here Comes Jack
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:11 am 

the little fella wrote:
Jack Frost that is! With temps forecast for -2 and -3c around the North East through the night are we going to see a number of games called off tomorrow for frozen pitches? I've seen a forecast of temperatures only then getting as high as 3c tomorrow afternoon. Not looking too promising especially for teams in land at a higher level than those based around the coast, who it looks like may miss the worst of the frost forecast from my understanding.

I bet tow laws off

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:44 am 

Here in Redcar it did not freeze overnight and temp has remained around 1c,so at least the Marske United, Redcar Town, Redcar Newmarket and New Marske fixtures around here should have no problems going ahead. Redcar Ahtletic don't have a game so I will be taking in one of those fixtures. A lot of salt wasted gritting the roads around here last night but that's Mother Nature for you, she doesn't always do what is predicted.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:16 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
the little fella wrote:

I bet tow laws off

Spot on but that was an easy one. So far 6 games postponed in the Northern League. They are 1st division games at Bishop Auckland and Newton Aycliffe, then in division 2 as well as Tow Law Town, Chester le Street, Crook Town and Willington's games have been postponed.