It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Durham New Ground...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:15 pm 

From Durham AFC twitter account

Facts : just to clear a few things up from NL Zone about new ground Point 1 there is no meeting planned for 3rd October .
Point 2 Rent at New Ferens Park was actually paid in advance so not behind this not reason club left or was given 7 days notice Fact: The club are still pursuing land which is out of our control council and builders are working on this .We have said all along once we have news we will keep you informed it is frustrating for everyone especially ourselves but our target has not changed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:23 pm 

Sir Rodney Effing wrote:
marron04 wrote:
Spite Team?

It's not Durham United's fault that Durham City AFC are a shambles.....if the clubs owner had coughed up with the rent on New Feren's Park they may still have been playing there now.

Durham United have seen an opportunity to progress the club into senior football and use the facilities at NFP to do so....that's life....seize the opportunity when it comes along - with both hands if you can.

Durham City AFC are a shambles...an absolute shambles, lead by an egotistical owner who probably wants to brag to people that he owns a football club knowing they won't realise what a mess it all is under his tenure.

Get over it Local Lad.....I genuinely sympathise with you...you are obviously a long standing loyal supporter, but don't take it out on Durham United, turn your anger to Mr Bernard.

Facts : just to clear a few things up from NL Zone about new ground Point 1 there is no meeting planned for 3rd October .
Point 2 Rent at New Ferens Park was actually paid in advance so not behind this not reason club left or was given 7 days notice Fact: The club are still pursuing land which is out of our control council and builders are working on this .We have said all along once we have news we will keep you informed it is frustrating for everyone especially ourselves but our target has not changed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:26 pm 

Er, correct me if I'm wrong Local Lad but you posted about the meeting on 3rd October and no one else mentioned it. I don't know or understand what point you are making in quoting Sir Rodney Effing and then cutting and pasting Footy_Fan 's post which poo-poos your original post. What is the point you are trying to make?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:31 am 

the little fella wrote:
Er, correct me if I'm wrong Local Lad but you posted about the meeting on 3rd October and no one else mentioned it. I don't know or understand what point you are making in quoting Sir Rodney Effing and then cutting and pasting Footy_Fan 's post which poo-poos your original post. What is the point you are trying to make?

Absolutely superb from Frankie once more. :lol:

The words chasing, parked and cars spring to mind!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:37 am 

Mike Amos’s blog is grim reading for Durham City https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com/2018 ... -for-city/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:12 pm 

[quote="Windy1970"]Mike Amos’s blog is grim reading for Durham City https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com/2018 ... -for-city/[/quote

What a mess... Can anyone seriously, despite the hard work of the dedicated few see them surviving as a club?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:49 pm 

Still Learning. wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Mike Amos’s blog is grim reading for Durham City https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com/2018 ... -for-city/[/quote

What a mess... Can anyone seriously, despite the hard work of the dedicated few see them surviving as a club?

They are obviously hoping that the FA completely ignores its own rules for the season & somehow 3 NL2 are promoted & then the FALC has a reason not to relegate anyone from that division. Unfortunately the FA are almost certainly not going to do this & Durham City will be relegated. One thing that goes against Durham, is the fact that the NL2 runners up are miles off the ppg basis promotion race at step 6. If the F.A.L.C. decides to relegate zero clubs from the NL1, then only 1 club will be relegated IMO. As for their future, it’s hard to see them surviving. Unless a miracle happens & they get their own ground soon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:34 pm 

There was a full page article regarding Durham United in the Echo earlier this week . Confirmed they will be applying to the Wearside league next season and hope to move up . They see, to have agreement in place for New Ferrens Park. I wonder why Durham Utd seemed to have cut a deal with the owners but Durham City couldn’t . I really hope Durham City survive

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:43 am 

Is there no maximum time limit on ground shares in the league?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:10 am 

Wack wrote:
There was a full page article regarding Durham United in the Echo earlier this week . Confirmed they will be applying to the Wearside league next season and hope to move up . They see, to have agreement in place for New Ferrens Park. I wonder why Durham Utd seemed to have cut a deal with the owners but Durham City couldn’t . I really hope Durham City survive

Would New Ferens park be suitable for Wearside league football ??? Whilst the facilities themselves are superb the pitch has certainly seen better days and I can see its not on the FA approved list anymore

Windy1970 wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Mike Amos’s blog is grim reading for Durham City https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com/2018 ... -for-city/[/quote

They are obviously hoping that the FA completely ignores its own rules for the season & somehow 3 NL2 are promoted & then the FALC has a reason not to relegate anyone from that division. Unfortunately the FA are almost certainly not going to do this & Durham City will be relegated. One thing that goes against Durham, is the fact that the NL2 runners up are miles off the ppg basis promotion race at step 6. If the F.A.L.C. decides to relegate zero clubs from the NL1, then only 1 club will be relegated IMO. As for their future, it’s hard to see them surviving. Unless a miracle happens & they get their own ground soon.

Windy, do you know if Durham City or whoever finishes bottom of NL2 would be reprieved if no one comes up ?? My understanding is as of late December no team from the Wearside or North Riding had applied for promotion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:03 am 

the northern league is a mess at the moment, too many big clubs languishing in league 2, only 34 matches in league 2, 38 in league 1, so many teams forcibly promoted to the Evostik league making the division 1 look empty and lacking in familiarity, also weve not had any teams relegated down from above to fill the gap of the teams that have left
shame

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:18 pm 

Windy, do you know if Durham City or whoever finishes bottom of NL2 would be reprieved if no one comes up ?? My understanding is as of late December no team from the Wearside or North Riding had applied for promotion[/quote]
The FA rules state that the bottom clubs will be relegated. If the division was short of clubs, then I’d expect the bottom club to be reprieved. This isn’t the case & I fully expect 2 of the 3 feeder leagues to promote clubs(probably Newcastle Uni & Wolviston. But it could be Killingworth & Sunderland Westend. We await to see which clubs have applied & we’ll find out in the next week or so). With NL1 unlikely to relegate any clubs & only the NL2 champions likely to be promoted. That’ll mean that the bottom club will be relegated. If, the 2nd placed NL2 side were to be promoted. Then there is a chance that no clubs will be relegated. But the FA could laterally transfer a club from either the NWCL1N or NCEL1. Especially if those leagues have extra applicants from their feeder leagues or, they only promote a single club up to their Premier divisions. For example, Cleator Moor Celtic or Carlisle City could be moved across. No one will know, until all the leagues have finished, which feeder leagues across the country promote a club & what the league committee decides to do. This can then change if any clubs decide to have late resignations.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:06 pm 

bertbanger wrote:
the northern league is a mess at the moment, too many big clubs languishing in league 2, only 34 matches in league 2, 38 in league 1, so many teams forcibly promoted to the Evostik league making the division 1 look empty and lacking in familiarity, also weve not had any teams relegated down from above to fill the gap of the teams that have left
shame

Theres been no teams relegated in years because not
Many have gone up, its as simple as that. What do you expect the fa to do, relegate a team into the northern league from nottingham way. Unless pickering end up in a relegation spot cant see anyone been in a relegation spot anywhere near the leagues catchment area

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:29 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
bertbanger wrote:
shame

Theres been no teams relegated in years because not
Many have gone up, its as simple as that. What do you expect the fa to do, relegate a team into the northern league from nottingham way. Unless pickering end up in a relegation spot cant see anyone been in a relegation spot anywhere near the leagues catchment area

I know it’s unlikely, but Kendal Town FC are in the relegation zone. They are only 25 miles from Penrith, although south of them & close to the M6. I’d wager that they’d end up in the NWCL Prem if relegated! But there’s a chance that if Pickering aren’t relegated & Harrogate RA are relegated from the NCEL Prem. Then the only realistic team that will be laterally transferred is Knaresborough Town, but Kendal are an outside bet. There are 2 teams that are likely going to be laterally transferred. Now Bridlington Town are the promotion favourites in the NCEL Prem. Then the next closest side is Yorkshire Amateurs & they play north of Leeds.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 am 

so can someone answer this?

when will the FA stop forcibly promoting teams out from the northern league, if no teams are suitable to come down into it? will they stop promotion when we start shrinking in teams and have a certain number left, already we are 4 teams down, or will they keep going until we have no teams left?